0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[help request] dual boxing - managing memory/obj list

This feels stupid, but, v.1 I tried using inheritance for the objects in the ram list. This worked, but now I want to dual box, and at the base class it's something like this..

Property GUID uint64
    Return memReader.ReadUint64(...)

Property TYPE uint32
    return memReader.ReadUint32(...)

well now that I want to dual box, i have to keep track of two copies of wow, ie. i need to have 2 memReader objects, but..how to let the objects to know which to use (ie. in basicOBject.Property, how to know which memReader to use)?? Atm I'm trying to make all the functions UP into ObjMgr (ie. I used to have unitObj.Health, now I am making it objMgr.GetUnitHealth(baseAddr) --> Because then I keep the memReader objects in my objMgr class (and that in my 'wowGame' Claass) and..it works, but obj.prop is so much nicer than class.function() ..any ideas?

edit: I forgot to mention..I don't want to open two copies of the bot because it uses ..the mouse.. and i'd rather keep it in 1 process.
    Last edited by abuckau907; 01-24-2010 at 04:22 AM.

[help request] dual boxing - managing memory/obj list
    abuckau907's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking maybe I could pass in the mem reader during the Constructor()
    New objMgrBasicObject(memReader1) etc..
    ? But..is that just postponing some change in programming style that I'm not seeing?

edit: after trying the above suggestion..it worked..for about 2 minutes until I added more code...turns out a few of my classes were dependent on the memReader (COMBAT.NumAttackers(obj)), for 1..so after ac ouple hours of restructuring..I think the way to go is to make the objMgr class handle ALL ram stuff, and just make the other classes call objmgr --> I guess that's better...encapsulation? Before a lot of my classes were inter-dependent. So, put all objmgr code in the objmgr..seems logical, any thoughts? (and now I do pass in a memReader obj to basicObject->New, seems weird..but looks like it'll work for what I'm trying to do (dual-box, 1 process, passing Focus back and forth as needed (..wishful thinking?)).
    Last edited by abuckau907; 01-25-2010 at 01:24 PM.