2.6.5 menu

User Tag List

Thread: 2.6.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any ETAs I should know about?
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not yet. Season 16 definitely ends at 5 PM Sunday, but that's all we know. In defense here, the CM (who I know because our birthdays are close to each other) has a few personal issues she is dealing with at a very critical time. Add in a PTR that didn't fare all that well internally and on the forums (stash space is being expanded, but is being gated again due to performance issues), and you can get the feeling that the community on the official forums is getting tense and close to the boiling point waiting on news of next season.

Here is what we know:

Season 16 will definitely end this coming Sunday at 5 pm.

Speculation:

Patch 2.6.5 comes in next Tuesday, subject to change to 2 weeks from today.
    Season 17 starts a week from Friday (17 May), but could change to 24 May.

There are a couple of things to consider:

Next Wednesday is Diablo 3's 7th anniversary. This lends credit to the first set of dates (Patch 14/Season on 17)

Memorial Day, for those of us in the United States, is on the 27th. So the second set of dates (Patch 21/Season on 24) are the latest feasible dates that the team can get away with before an all-out riot happens in the forums.

There is, of course, the third set of dates: Patch on the 14th, Season on the 24th. This set would give players time to test the new features in the patch before the season.

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how-the-fuck can 5 new stash tabs cause performance issues in two-thousand-fucking-nineteen?
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Vern1701's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/49
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The (admittedly fishy) explanation was that it affected and taxed the client-side RAM. You can read about 50 pages of responses here:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/t...1407014?page=1

I think it's the game engine being old and can't hold as much info as the current engines being used, but I have no idea.

IMPORTANT: I understand the need to continually update TH. The previous version (19.4.3) will work until 2.6.5 comes out, however. As soon as my CM friend at Blizz gets the info from the devs that everything is set to go, I will post it here in a separate topic. That info should be out by Friday night PDT (8 pm). I hope that it is understood that TH may not be ready by Season 17 start, if it is a week from Friday. Look for the topic by 10 PM PDT Friday night.
    Last edited by Vern1701; 05-08-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Buzzy62's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    18/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    how-the-fuck can 5 new stash tabs cause performance issues in two-thousand-fucking-nineteen?
    I think that they are still trying to support the 32-bit version of ROS and IT'S minimum requirements (which are ridiculously outdated).

Bs4237's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    s17 confirmed for Friday 17th. patch should be Tuesday like usual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12