Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    last time i checked he really doesnt care what others think and if he wants to stop he will stop. he never asked for any opinions on if he should stop or not he was just letting everyone know he has stopped and gave his reason. so flooding this thread with your dumb to stop isnt going to change anything. So here on out if anyone posts anything negative or calling him dumb because he doesnt want to get sued will get minus rep.

Last edited by sed-; 05-26-2014 at 04:06 PM.

[MOD] TurboHUD <-- The very first thread TurboHUD had ever
    vdmjohan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a sad day in D3. TurboHUD is so awesome, Thanks KillerJohn and thank you for all you have done for the community, ignore the haters, they are just going through a grieving process..
    I do not know if I will continue playing D3 once it is gone.
    I wonder if Blizz will see the drop in players once they patch D3?

Nebro's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I am also incredibly sad to no longer have TurboHUD, you can't blame John for throwing in the towel. It's not worth it, honestly.

toykilla's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please consider "leaking" source code to someone else. This is a major step backwards in making diablo enjoyable. Much of what turboHUD is, should have been included by Blizzard in the first place.

hUi33's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by epicmeatwad View Post
    I think John is a fantastic programmer and a cool guy from what I gather, I have all the respect in the world for him. I think hes making the wrong choice by discontinuing the project, that is all.
    How wrong is the choice he made to discontinue to project to protect himself and his family?

So, because of your D3 experience is affected by his choice, and it becomes a "wrong" choice?

It's pretty obvious if you dun care for the guy himself and his family, then you isn't worth his time and work in the first place tbh.

epicmeatwad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by hUi33 View Post
    How wrong is the choice he made to discontinue to project to protect himself and his family?

So, because of your D3 experience is affected by his choice, and it becomes a "wrong" choice?

It's pretty obvious if you dun care for the guy himself and his family, then you isn't worth his time and work in the first place tbh.
    I didnt say that, nor imply it. You are making assumptions.

CreativeXtent's Avatar Moderator Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    242/148
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    release the source..... they cannot sue you if it is under a free license and you do not develop it.
    "the true wow experience is Maclone"

Aikeelu's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by CreativeXtent View Post
    release the source..... they cannot sue you if it is under a free license and you do not develop it.
    Probably he won't release it. He has a family and he don't want to take even the smallest risk, is understandable, I'd love if someone continue this project but if I were him I'd do the same, even if he's getting a lot of ungrateful haters for that, is the smart choice.

Here's the quote;

Originally Posted by KillerJohn
    Thank you guys for all of the good wishes.
    Blizzard have my name, address, credit card, email, etc because my bnet account is real, registered for myself. I was never hiding, they always had the chance to write me a 2 line long email with this: "John, stop, or you will bleed". They didn't. When D3 vanilla was released they sent dozens of C&D letters to bot makers, reverse engineers, hackers to stop and remove their published works - everybody did accordingly. But now they are making fake legal actions against that SC2 maphack, saying that accessing data in ths game's memory - which is not available to the user normally - makes the hack a derivative work and it is a copyright legal issue and they want CRAZY amount of money from the developer. Ofc this would be bullshit in the real world but now we are talking about US legal system where Apple can sue Samsung because Galaxy phones are black and rounded. Or you can sue the microwave manufacturer because the manual did not said you can't dry the cat in the oven. So I am not taking the chance Blizzard try to sue me based on fake statements about I am altering Diablo 3's well designed gameplay...

If they would EVER say that TurboHUD is legit with a few exceptions like maphack then I would be more than happy to continue HUD, but be honest guys: this will never happen.

Releasing the source code would be a crazy, CRAZY mistake because the very main reason I didn't release it is to prevent people make bots of it. In the moment when the first bot would appear Blizzard will assrape me...
    Sauce: TurboHUD Forum

I will miss TurboHUD a lot, it was offering a lot of cool features and overall making the game more enjoyable. Sad day.

Thanks KillerJohn for making the game a lot more fun and best of luck with your life.

akihabara's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just need the DPS parser. The map reveal hack is the only thing that could go "against blizzard".

rokakoma's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by akihabara View Post
    I just need the DPS parser. The map reveal hack is the only thing that could go "against blizzard".
    yes exactly that dps and the exp and leg counter/statistics are also nice without those i cant minmax my character that good

Mundtero's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have someone a download link from the actual version? the official iss down...

pyre's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess i'm quitting D3 except for botting it.

Can't bring myself to do runs without turbohud, the game is far too 'simple' without any sort of way to parse your dps over your group mates you don't know if you are being carried or doing the carrying. Without the obviously shady maphack you spend way too much time going into stupid dead ends and shit and honestly I don't want to go back to having no ingame statistics and fetish counter and whatnot (read: stuff that should be in the game, if Blizzard wasn't so god damn lazy 'the technology just isn't there yet; but a third party dev can do it and do it better')

Adios

RealJhad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mundtero View Post
    Have someone a download link from the actual version? the official iss down...
    I would appreciate dl link too. Thanks in advance.

iceboatherald's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by KillerJohn View Post
    It'll be a closed source, heavily obfuscated .net 4.0 project based on a simple take-it-or-leave-it mechanism.
    If you don't like closed source, or you feel fear about it, or don't trust, please close this browser session.
    History proved it once that a free, closed source project can survive - maybe you know what i mean
    Guess not...

sejuice's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so wheres the proof blizz threatened you with a lawsuit, let me answer for you there is none, because that never happened.

more likely they paid you to close it.