Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free. menu

User Tag List

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617 LastLast
    smitty10's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this solution! Everything is working great except the bot won't find any of the images. I've seen a few people try and get help with this but I haven't noticed a solution. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Specs: i5 2500k OC @4.4GHz, 8 gigs ram. I've given the VM 4 gigs and 2 cores, figured that would be more than plenty but it still seems to lag. I've also put all my D3 settings on low.

EDIT: I got it working, but it only works on 1920x1080. Anytime I alter the resolution, it can't find the images. Sometimes it's pretty laggy for some reason. Am I missing something so that it can run efficiently on 1024x780 or something low like that?
    Last edited by smitty10; 07-07-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Running in VMWare - allows ANY resolution, multi-bot, all while your PC is free.
    phuzed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking for someone to help me figure out a couple of issues.

First off, VMware and D3 run just fine in the beginning, perfect FPS, no lag. After running about 6 hours or more it starts to lag, considerable amount of lag and slows down big time. Anyone else have this issue?

Secondly, ever since DLign and running VMware my main comp has had hiccups in D3 where it never used to. Even when the VM is powered down. It almost seems like the RAM and Cores are allocated to the VM even when its powered down or something. Anyone have any ideas?

There's gotta be people with similar issues, hope I can figure these things out.

chvlumb's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this running perfect!!! love the sandbox concept, this is truly multitasking at its finest. I know have control of my computer again haha. Awesome to have a virtual machine dedicated to botting. Should I be worried about my mac address? I'm sure blizzard has some sort of way to know that the game is running as a Virtual machine Windows7.

klumpen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    31/16
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thinking of going VMWare

So I've been running an AutoIT script for a couple of days now and I'm thinking of going over to VMware because of the multi tasking capabilities.

Anyhow, I'm pretty low on harddrive space so I'm wondering if there's some way to share the Diablo 3 folder to the virtual machine and use the same client two times (as in, one client running on my OS and another on the virtual machine, same files).

Is this possible, or would I have to go with two occurences of the Diablo 3 folder?
    I'm sure this has been answered before, but I frankly don't have the time to skim through all of these pages (sorry).

EatMyCold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me how to change my video or 'display' adapter in my VMware Workstation client? Everything seems to be setup properly except D3 says it doesn't support my 'VMwhatever' video card.

Is this because I have a slightly older version of VMware? Or how can I change this? Thanks.

edit: Anyone? Is it my older version of VM Workstation causing the issue?
    Last edited by EatMyCold; 07-09-2012 at 04:37 AM.

qasdfr's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running the latest vmware workstation, but notares's script is not detecting the cellar in the virtual machine. I doubt i'm the only one with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

edit: I fixed this problem by going to VM, install vmware tools, reboot

After that the cellar changed from black to blue and it entered it properly

Seems if you don't install vmware tools, you're screwed. I'm surprised it's not mentioned anywhere. Read a ton of threads too.

(using vmware workstation eight)
    Last edited by qasdfr; 07-09-2012 at 01:32 AM.

LATM's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by qasdfr View Post
    I'm running the latest vmware workstation, but notares's script is not detecting the cellar in the virtual machine. I doubt i'm the only one with this problem. Has anyone else experienced this?

edit: I fixed this problem by going to VM, install vmware tools, reboot

After that the cellar changed from black to blue and it entered it properly

Seems if you don't install vmware tools, you're screwed. I'm surprised it's not mentioned anywhere. Read a ton of threads too.

(using vmware workstation eight)
    this is because VMware workstation default installation comes with vmtools, and the instructions say to use vmware workstation.

Wolfwazabi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [/SIZE]
    Originally Posted by samtack View Post
    This helped me out quite a bit, was running two VMs and they were lagging enough that the scripts were screwing up. As soon as i disabled cd/floppy/sound/printer they both worked great(still some minor lag but nothing that messed anything up). Going to try adding a third tonight.
    How you disable cd/floppy/sound/printer ?

EDIT : Ok, i found it. It was in Control Panel -> System-> Hardware Tab->Device Manager-> Disable those things.
    Last edited by Wolfwazabi; 07-09-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Pumbas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    12 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can i leave my virtual machine booting and switch to my real desktop so I would have 2 cursors one of the virtual machine and another of the real computer.What key do I press?Thank you!

Wolfwazabi's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ctrl + Alt To switch from Virtual machine to the computer.

endless0001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how come can't install 64bit on vm
    it said something about vmtool, if i continue anyways, it give me this error and can't install the window on it

Thanks G/R
    31/16
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just got VMWare Workstation 8 installed with Win7 Home Premium x64 + VMTools.

Copied over D3, AutoIT, Tesseract.

The bot runs, it finds the loot and it returns to town just like I would expect it to.

However, it keeps not finding the cellar, when I can clearly see that it's there. I've set the game to full screen windowed, and the VMWare resolution to 1920x1080.
    I've tried running the VM in fullscreen, windowed, minimized and in unity mode however none of them seem to be consistent.

Just now as I'm typing this the cellar was found.

This time it didn¨t - even though it was there. So safe to say it's finding the cellar at random on my VM.
    Has anyone else experienced this?

LATM's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by klumpen View Post
    Ok, just got VMWare Workstation 8 installed with Win7 Home Premium x64 + VMTools.

The bot runs, it finds the loot and it returns to town just like I would expect it to.

However, it keeps not finding the cellar, when I can clearly see that it's there. I've set the game to full screen windowed, and the VMWare resolution to 1920x1080.
    I've tried running the VM in fullscreen, windowed, minimized and in unity mode however none of them seem to be consistent.

This time it didn¨t - even though it was there. So safe to say it's finding the cellar at random on my VM.
    all the scripts run miliseconds slower on vmware if your performance is not perfect. If the timings are extremely tight, the characters are in the wrong locations. u need to add a few ms to the wait times and you are fine.

daffy82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by klumpen View Post

Could it be your movement speed? The script I run has same error as you mention. I fixed it by removing all MS gear

Thanks G/R
    31/16
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added quite a bit of extra sleep time on the initial load in (3400 to 5500) and a little bit on the kill time (+2-300), seems to be working quite well now.
    Will keep an eye on it for the rest of the night and let it rip for another 14 hours, see where he's at when I get back.

Edit: After turning it off for a bit and turning it back on, he can't seem to find Old Ruins.
    Last edited by klumpen; 07-10-2012 at 02:19 AM. Reason: hmm