Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost doubled my HP without losing damage, did a small passive ability adjustment, I managed to kill the flowers and unicorns attacking me when entering the portal. It only took me 3-4 deaths and I gained half or almost a whole bar experience. I can't see how this is efficient at all sorry.

There's still AH upgrades for me, but spent 50k already, seems pointless atm.

Very fast SOLO leveling - Whimsyshire (the new secret level)
    reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pretty much maxed my gear as much as AH allows me to without using millions of gold. I can take a little beating now, but things won't die fast enough so I do before pretty much anything is killed.

My stats are good, my skills are set up to deal just fine damage but with a ton of survival.

This just doesn't work at lvl 31 on nightmare as a monk, just no way, no chance ever.

kingdomofsteel's Avatar Active Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again I will try to help you, because it seems you really need the help. Gear requirement immense ? When I hit lvl 35 I upgraded my gear. The weapon I bought is 90dps with socket. (90 before socketing a ruby) it also gives 80 str 50 dex 11% IAS and some other stuff. That weapon costed me 3k. Like I said put a max buyout on weapon with socket on 10k and on armor pieces on 5k (have them being with sockets where possible). It will cost you from 40 to 100k to upgrade your gear for the next 10 or so levels. Not worth it ? Why not ? You are there for fast experience, not for gold. And you get the gold back as well. I spend 40-100k on items everytime. Since when I first did this with my barbarian I was using potions like they are TIC TAC I suppose I have to calculate those expences as well. Everytime I have to buy gear again I can see I am 100-250k ahead since the last time I left the AH. So I paid for my old items, my potions and I farmed enough gold for my new items. And once again - u're not there to farm gold but for XP.

You say a ranged can do it because of kiting ? First I did it as a barbarian. Secondly as Demon Hunter. I only have to "kite" on bosses, where kiting is tumbling 3-4 times while they die. A good weapon and u're set.

You doubled ur hp without losing damage, I have a strange feeling this is where you are wrong. What items you're buying ? Vitality ? The primary attribute is your damage attribute. Pick some CC spells and go all out on the mobs, that's what I do on the barbarian. AoE stun + AoE damage attacks such as charge and cleave. White mobs die in the stun, in a single stun. You're not going there to tank the mobs, u're going there to kill them. Get socketed "of agony" rings and amulets (i believe these are the ones with + damage, there name might be different on the low levels), get the highest dps weapon with a socket u can get for 10-15k (usually the highest dps costs like 3k), socket it with 15-30 ruby, get chest with 2 (3) sockets, pants with 2, focus all ur gear to give shitloads of damage and if possible some vit. But vit is not your priority. You think I can take more than 3-4 hits on my barbarian ? No, I can not. And I don't need to when the mobs die in crowd control.

The last 2 parts. You said the mobs that attacked you when entering the door already gave u a whole bar of experience. So 10 seconds to kill those mobs granting a whole bar and you can't see it being efficient ? Really ?

And last - you said there are upgrade but u spent 50k already and it's pointless. Why is it pointless ? You're getting the gold back. And even if you are not, even if you are not 100k ahead, consider this. Consider you are say 31 atm. Next time u upgrade is let's say 41. You spend 250k on gear and 50k on potions now. You get only 200k by the time you are 41, so all this has costed you 100k, instead of giving you 100k. it's not worth it to pay 100k to powerlevel yourself ? You sound like one of these people who want everything to be given to them for free. This is not a leveling exploit, it's a leveling guide. I am telling you how to level insanely fast but YOU will have to work for it, to do it yourself. And if you think 100k is not worth to get from 31 to 41 in about 2 hours, then this probably is not your game.

"My stats are good, my skills are set up to deal just fine damage but with a ton of survival. "

Like I said that's where u're doing it wrong. You're not going there to tank the mobs, u're going to kill them. They will hit like trucks no matter what u do. You are focusing on damage, killing them in the 3 seconds of CC you have (or 2 or 5 etc), not tanking them for 30 seconds
    Last edited by kingdomofsteel; 06-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a monk, I don't really have much choice. I can't smash everything while I stun it at the same time. I also don't have abilities like earthquake and wrath of the berserker to help me like that either.

Having played a barbarian I can easily see how this works out for you actualy. Being that crazy overgeared for it with how those abilities works is just perfect... But go play a monk, especially at those low levels and look for yourself. We do awesome damage while tanking, but it's steady damage, same goes for our aoe unfortunately.

Any champion or rare mob group = death for me.

And no I'm not looking at this as a leveling exploit, no I'm not some clueless moron either. And my donator rank is something given to me from winning a tournament here on the forum. I just made the mistake of judging this based on my experience with a monk, which requires something I am either missing, or really just is tough/impossible and therefor hard to follow your guides at those levels, but becomming possible at a later stage instead.

I can see this working with crazy AH gear at 50+ on hell when I got pretty much all skills and runes as a monk, but only if that increases my burst and aoe capability which is completely shit compared to classes like a DH and BARB which both I have played to 60 and at later stages than act 1 inferno.
    Last edited by reptyl; 06-04-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far this has been tested from me personally with 4 classes - mage DH and barbarian. Working like a charm. My WD was 60 a long time ago but knowing the skills there will be absolutely no problem doing this with WD either. The only char I haven't tested personally yet is a monk, but I know a friend monk that is using this and on page 1 there is also a guy playing monk saying it's perfectly doable. But knowing for a fact that the monk is the class with the highest CC in the game (don't know at which level you get your full CC potential tho) I don't think it's a problem, just like 2 people already confirmed it's not.

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This monk this is driving me nuts though.. I'm really trying hard to figure this out even with other monks assisting me with skill setup and shit.. but problem is all the good stuff that allows for such damage and CC is unlocked at very high levels :\

You're welcome to inspect my monk, it has most of it's lvl ~31 bis items I could find that didn't cost above 20k a piece, and considering it should be possible at lvl 25 I really really would like for you to understand my point of view aswel. I know ONE guy says he's doing it @normal around the level of 13 but at that level you don't even have any, really not any useful stuff as a monk for burst. You got the 2 second blind I believe but that's pretty much it... Anyone can just say what he did, but theres absolutely no proof of him accomplishing it. I mean I did actualy kill ponies before I upgraded my gear, so technically I could kill stuff in there with sort of ease, but was it worth it? No.

Spun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try this on my wizzard alt, i start normal at lvl 20 and its easy mode, on lvl 25 i try NM but i can't kill them fast enough so i back to farm normal and it's still 6-7min to lvl-up, I think i will just make normal runs till lvl ~35 and then start nm. I really like this method at least i don't need to reset game every 30sec

and btw... good 1h weapons on EU servers for lvl 25-30 costs about 100-500k not 3k

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ye the lvl 10 normal and 25 nm thing seems like a bit of an exaggeration... Maybe Barb and DH are just bad ass for that shit though.

And low level items with awesome stats, say rings, amulets etc easily cost 100k+ even at low levels.. A really really good weapon cost between 50 and 100k aswel, if you want one of the best. And it seems to be able to do this at such low levels you need the best, and you just don't get that unless you don't mind spending a good million or two on your way to 60.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you on US ? Because on EU rings with 4-8 dmg and socket for lvl 20 cost 2-3k. Pumped out weapon with offensive stat and socket goes between 3k and 10k. I never pay more than 5k for armor piece and more than 10k for weapon.

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm a lvl 35 now with lvl 31-35 gear with dex sockets. I need breaks all the time because the defensive abilities are on cooldowns and I'm hovering around 10-20% hp constantly. Things die extremely slow and I know what gear to look for.. and in my eagerness to make this work it's cost me way too much aswel. And thats as a lvl 35 on nightmare, you say this work way before that...

With red gem my weap got 88 dps, I can't find much better than that really because it has a good chunk of stats aswel. I can maybe win 5-6 dps by stalking the AH for a new weap but hardly worth it for that minor an upgrade, and pointless If I have to do that everytime i level up.

I'm using damage mantra, Blinding flash, Serenity and currently seven sided kick(damage and it wins a bit of time for the other abilities to become ready) but mobs simply don't die fast enough with Crippling Wave and Wave of Light and those are the best and/or hardest hitting abilities I can use with some aoe aswel.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by reptyl View Post

With red gem my weap got 88 dps, I can't find much better than that really because it has a good chunk of stats aswel. I can maybe win 5-6 dps by stalking the AH for a new weap but hardly worth it for that minor an upgrade, and pointless If I have to do that everytime i level up.

Don't know what to say, my 35 weapon has 73 str 54 dex, 90.4 dps before putting the red gem in it. This is the reason I keep saying that number "3k, 3k, 3k". That weapon costed me 3k. If the weapons with +dex and socket cost way too much or give way too low dps just find a weap with socket, no dex on it. Damage is better than dex on this level anyway.

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    12 more dps on my weapon won't make that place a farmable place. Not even a chance it will. And no chance you can get a 90 or 100 dps weap at lvl 25.

Also searching with max 3000 gold best weap is boring 70 dps blue weaps, some lucky enough to have a socket. I'd prefer my 88 one with stats anytime then.

Edit: Changing buyout to around 10k really doesn't make much of a change either.
    Last edited by reptyl; 06-05-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Spun's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i'm level 37 now on EU, best weapon for 3k have below 70dps... on lvl 35 i twink my wizz i spent about 300-400k on it, 180k weapon 40k offhand rest 10-20k per piece. I raise my dps from 800 to 2000 unbuffed and my hp from 1,5k to 4k but hp is not so important to do this... the point is i can farm there now (from lvl 35) but I still die 2-5 times on rare packs, on lvl 36 making 50% exp take me about 8min, on 50% i switch to normal and make another 50% in 9-10min but without any deads so what the point of doing nm? maybe i use wrong skills? I will try few setups, also it will be nice to know what skills you use to farm there on lvl 25+ on your wizz

reptyl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spun may I suggest Arreat Crater lvl 1 in act 3?

It has so many weak mobs, and it's very killable if you just don't get hit by obvious shit. The scorpion ish mob packs gives insane amounts of exp and is easy to aoe because of their low hp.

spin2win's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem with doing this is that farming for that staff will take ages

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast