Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't you inform blizzard you were hacked and then they would refund the 70 million gold you gave him and pretty much even from there?

I got scammed by using PayPal. Please help
    TheDruid1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by donbuja View Post
    i was scammed just like that... i just refunded his money because i couldn't provide proof of delivery... i hope there is more secure way of selling/buying intangible goods
    Yes. Don't sell/buy them.

Roalith's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shang View Post
    Couldn't you inform blizzard you were hacked and then they would refund the 70 million gold you gave him and pretty much even from there?
    This might be worth a try...

GoneFromOC1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by GoneFromOC1; 09-14-2022 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wizofoz's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got scammed for more than 300$, couldnt do sh1t about it.. ur lucky ppl are actually helping u :P i tried on several forums and got no help at all..

Anyway, i was wondering, what if u request the buyer to provide his ingame name in the paypal comment when he pays, then take the screenshots of the trade (before and after). Would that count as evidence ?

rynnn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by wizofoz View Post
    Got scammed for more than 300$, couldnt do sh1t about it.. ur lucky ppl are actually helping u :P i tried on several forums and got no help at all..

Anyway, i was wondering, what if u request the buyer to provide his ingame name in the paypal comment when he pays, then take the screenshots of the trade (before and after). Would that count as evidence ?
    Have the buyer use his or her PayPal email (the one that the person is sending money with) and email you to your PayPal email confirming that he or she is buying Diablo 3 gold or intangible virtual goods. However, nowadays people won't go through that much trouble, especially if the buyers are complete jackasses. They are mostly impatient with the seller going as far as to spazzing out like children and accusing the seller of being a scammer and then posting their private info to the public. Quite frankly, those people who are usually that impatient for just a couple minutes are usually those who will end up charging back their money. I've sold plenty of gold to gold resellers and never had I spazzed out like these trolls on this forum. All I ever did was check up on the status of the transaction with the buyer. I have even waited up to 34 minutes with sunnynana taking her sweet time in sending me the money.

If they open a dispute, explain how intangible virtual goods have been exchanged and that the buyer has already received their product/virtual goods/service with reference to the note that they have written.

You are not alone in losing that much money. I lost $270 because I was new to selling gold. Many people have fallen victim to chargebacks and lost because they did not know how to handle the situation.
    Last edited by rynnn; 06-11-2012 at 12:52 PM.

vallismall's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paypal should be able to see the IP that was used with payment no?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pasijakko's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know... same happened to me at another trade with another game, i just told paypal that it was illegal to do trades in that game, league of legends account i think it was. Then i got my money back

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

internalcumbustion's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate to say it but this is exactly why the RMAH exists. You cant trust a ****ing person online.

wizofoz's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rynnn View Post
    Have the buyer use his or her PayPal email (the one that the person is sending money with) and email you to your PayPal email confirming that he or she is buying Diablo 3 gold or intangible virtual goods. However, nowadays people won't go through that much trouble, especially if the buyers are complete jackasses. They are mostly impatient with the seller going as far as to spazzing out like children and accusing the seller of being a scammer and then posting their private info to the public. Quite frankly, those people who are usually that impatient for just a couple minutes are usually those who will end up charging back their money. I've sold plenty of gold to gold resellers and never had I spazzed out like these trolls on this forum. All I ever did was check up on the status of the transaction with the buyer. I have even waited up to 34 minutes with sunnynana taking her sweet time in sending me the money.

If they open a dispute, explain how intangible virtual goods have been exchanged and that the buyer has already received their product/virtual goods/service with reference to the note that they have written.

You are not alone in losing that much money. I lost $270 because I was new to selling gold. Many people have fallen victim to chargebacks and lost because they did not know how to handle the situation.
    Next time im gonna sell gold i am going to ask the buyer to write this as a note on his paypal transaction:
    "I am buying virtual currency (intangible virtual goods) in a game called Diablo III. My ingame battletag is - ******, i will be trading under the username - ****** "

Then gonna take 3 screenshots:
    1) Showing his battletag
    2) Showing me giving him the gold in a trade
    3) Showing that the trade was successful

If the buyer makes chargeback, i could send those 3 screenshots + the note that the buyer left with his transaction.
    Do u think i would win that case with these evidences ?

EDIT: Also im thinking maybe the 'Gift' option for paypal is against me? maybe if buyer picks 'Goods' or smth else it would be better?

Mrozik91's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    paypal is the worst system i've ever knonw -_- the thing about loosing ur money in chargeback is 1 thing but imagine the situation when i've been selling my wow account ( was in tbc but acc was top) and i've recived big transfer (around 700 euro) and ofc got charged back. I've got my acc back ofc but guess who has to pay 50 euro for exchanging currencies? recived 700 euro system automaticaly turned it to my native currencie and then when i got charged back it automaticaly was changed to euro again. so making long story short : had 0 on my paypal recived 700 lost 700 and got -50 euro balance ;/

So whats the safest way? use moneybookers

ooxxy's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one would use moneybookers, paypal sucks but unfortunetly that's what everyone uses.

If you're dealing with virtual goods like buying/selling gold,wow accounts etc ect on private forums like this make sure there's a good rep system. I've been a member on epicnpc (previously mmobay&markeedragon) and the rep system there is really good.

It's simple, don't deal with people without alot of rep. Majority of the time when you see people reporting scammers it's because the person they dealt with joined recently and have little to no rep.

Also if a deal sounds too good to be true it usually is.
    Last edited by ooxxy; 06-12-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast