Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No note, but note gives you nothing. Hacker could also send payment with note that doesn't want refund, and that doesnt mean anything.

I got scammed by using PayPal. Please help
    GoneFromOC1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by GoneFromOC1; 09-14-2022 at 04:29 AM.

xynoman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you used money already?

kawiler's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually is worse when someone uses "gift", why? because he wasn't paying you.. so if you claim that he was paying for something (according to their polices) will be fraud so therefor you lose... now if he claims he was hacked + "gift" emailed money... just guess who's gonna win...

how to avoid that?

just find people who is not afraid of spending money... usually you can detect scammers just by the way they contact you...

TheDruid1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their policy on intangible / virtual goods is always in favor of the seller. If someone buys gold off you, sends the money as anything, gift, payment, services, ANYTHING, and then opens a dispute saying they didn't get their stuff, blah blah, I want a refund. All you have to do is escalate the dispute to a claim (bypassing the "Work it out with the buyer" part and in your claim, explain how intangible virtual goods were exchanged. You'll win every time. I've done it a lot, it works on ANY PayPal dispute. You know how PlayerAuctions is all about production and they they have their fancy bs policy and big words and "Verified This" "Secure That"? It doesn't mean dick. You can **** them over and when they charge back, just say what I said and you'll win no matter what.

In the case of someone charging you back with "This was an unauthorized purchase," is pretty much 50/50. If they sent the payment over a VPN, then recovered their PayPal password, updated security question after, it's going to look to be in their favor and you'll loose almost every time. If this person has done a lot of unauthorized chargebacks claims, they're more likely to lose, even with the VPN, recovering. Everyone basically gets 1 free "unauthorized purchase" victory.

There's nothing you can really do other than hope the people that are looking into the dispute see through the bullshit.

Speaking from personal experience, I've only ever lost 1 chargeback (unauthorized claim). But that was because the person charging me back had never used an authorized dispute before. I've been charged back by PA, various gold farming sites on different games, companies that go on and on about how they have fraud insurance and this and that. Those companies all make the mistake of not understanding what intangible / virtual goods actually means.

It sucks you're probably going to lose your money and you lost in game gold, but that's the risk of using PayPal. Honest people will be honest, shitheads will be shitheads.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by GoneFromOC1; 09-14-2022 at 04:30 AM.

Zakanator's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    113 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Thank you, was quite helpful

I'm going to call PayPal tomorrow. Do you have suggestions to how I should present my "evidence" for the case? I can show them that his user on this forum only has "gave you my skype, i wanna buy" posts, and the entire skype conversation of him saying that he got the gold. Also he seemed pretty careless of how much money he sent me. He was going to send me I think 175$*2 for some gold, but sent me 195$ the first time, but didn't really care about it, and sent me 175$ the second time, instead of 155$ which would have given me the appropriate amount and went over the 9$/1mil. Do you think that any of that is going to help me?
    Skype logs, threads or even emails from the buyer won't help as evidence for unauthorized claims because there is no proof you received them from the owner of the paypal account.
    For large sales, requesting photo id with same name and details as on the paypal account, would be your only real chance.

TheDruid1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Thank you, was quite helpful

I'm going to call PayPal tomorrow. Do you have suggestions to how I should present my "evidence" for the case? I can show them that his user on this forum only has "gave you my skype, i wanna buy" posts, and the entire skype conversation of him saying that he got the gold. Also he seemed pretty careless of how much money he sent me. He was going to send me I think 175$*2 for some gold, but sent me 195$ the first time, but didn't really care about it, and sent me 175$ the second time, instead of 155$ which would have given me the appropriate amount and went over the 9$/1mil. Do you think that any of that is going to help me?
    In terms of evidence, they want shipping info, not emails / Skype logs. The only evidence they want is shipping info with tracking #s. Nothing else matters.

Whitelightningjp's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, anyone can say they have a Skype log, how are they supposed to know it's the person you sold to?

Kylah's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if you could request a copy of someone's id before processing a large sale?

RagedDaniel's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not worry man,
    I have been on the other side of this ( I got scammed).
    I purchased 1 diablo 3 CD key but he didn't give it to me. I purchased the key via skype and sent him the money via paypal.

As soon as I realised I was scammed I gave paypal a call they said that they will make the dispute but there is no guarantee that they can get the refund.
    They said if the seller states that he dealt with intangible virtual goods then there is nothing that they can do and the seller would automatically win the dispute.

I really recomend giving paypal a call and just asking someone their what the best way to approuch it is. Just be completely honest and correct with all figures and remeber to state it is intangible virtual goods.

Raged-Daniel

wonkateddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first of all GO TO YOUR BANK AND HAVE THEM DROP THAT account i had this happen to me 2 weeks ago

Your bank CAN FIGHT PAYPAL and STOP them from GETTING YOUR MONEY. They will give you provisionary loans to comp the money but it will stop paypal from takeing your money.!!!!

Ive just had to do this i use citibank my banker stopped alll of this

took about 1week and a half to fix but it works

wonkateddy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also paypal will not give 1 ****s about this they will say there is no way to prove evidence just go directly to your bank.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by GoneFromOC1; 09-14-2022 at 04:30 AM.

donbuja's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was scammed just like that... i just refunded his money because i couldn't provide proof of delivery... i hope there is more secure way of selling/buying intangible goods

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast