0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Rawrypop View Post
    I haven't decided yet if you can't read, or fail to comprehend the negative impact your type of attitude has as a whole to consumers.

Let's start with game launches never go smoothly. Really? On launch day I was able to play: Portal 2 (SP and MP), L4D2 (SP and MP), Dungeon Defenders (Indie game, SP and MP), Dead Island (Horribad, but still available SP and MP) all on the PC, all with no issue. Sure they span back as far as a few years, the point is it can be done, and easily.

Second on that matter, and a point you have yet to explain - Why is this, to you, an acceptable inevitability? Literally ANY OTHER thing would have the same complaints and there wouldn't be victim-blaming people such as yourself yelling "lol u shud expect it, kid!"

In the end, I find your responses horrifying, and your demeanor sad. You are indeed a fanboy, despite your "ripping" of Blizzard over daggers. If people didn't complain about things that are very obviously subpar, things would always be subpar because companies wouldn't know any better. Getting your voice out there is the only way to get things to change. Just because it's been a trend with Blizzard, doesn't make it acceptable. If you don't understand that, you truly are hopeless.

P.S. if your response doesn't contain "kid," "lol," "cry," and "teddy" at least twice, I will assume you were kidnapped or body-snatched.

Edit:

So I run my own computer service store in the area that I reside in. A woman came in to pick up her computer, and I told her that I had (beta) tested her computer and that it should be working properly. I then asked for her money, gave her her change, and continued with "but that it wasn't." I informed her that she would shut off after 20 minutes and she would have to bring it back in for maintenance. When she complained, I informed her of the information TehVoyager has provided, that she was "An entitled person with an I WANT IT NOW mentality" and that expecting it to work 100% of the time was unreasonable. She continued to complain... I wonder why...
    I gotta agree with this guy, i love diablo 3 its a great game and all but i definitely feel like blizz dropped the ball a bit because they felt they had the slack of diablo 2's fanbase and hype that has been built up for the past 4 years.

On a different note anyone who says "i want it now" or only kids complain etc etc.. you're wrong,their just unhappy customers because a service that was paid for was subpar and not ready for the public.

Greedy Blizzard.
    TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't decided yet if you can't read, or fail to comprehend the negative impact your type of attitude has as a whole to consumers.

Let's start with game launches never go smoothly. Really? On launch day I was able to play: Portal 2 (SP and MP), L4D2 (SP and MP), Dungeon Defenders (Indie game, SP and MP), Dead Island (Horribad, but still available SP and MP) all on the PC, all with no issue. Sure they span back as far as a few years, the point is it can be done, and easily.

Second on that matter, and a point you have yet to explain - Why is this, to you, an acceptable inevitability? Literally ANY OTHER thing would have the same complaints and there wouldn't be victim-blaming people such as yourself yelling "lol u shud expect it, kid!"

In the end, I find your responses horrifying, and your demeanor sad. You are indeed a fanboy, despite your "ripping" of Blizzard over daggers. If people didn't complain about things that are very obviously subpar, things would always be subpar because companies wouldn't know any better. Getting your voice out there is the only way to get things to change. Just because it's been a trend with Blizzard, doesn't make it acceptable. If you don't understand that, you truly are hopeless.

P.S. if your response doesn't contain "kid," "lol," "cry," and "teddy" at least twice, I will assume you were kidnapped or body-snatched.

Edit:

So I run my own computer service store in the area that I reside in. A woman came in to pick up her computer, and I told her that I had (beta) tested her computer and that it should be working properly. I then asked for her money, gave her her change, and continued with "but that it wasn't." I informed her that she would shut off after 20 minutes and she would have to bring it back in for maintenance. When she complained, I informed her of the information TehVoyager has provided, that she was "An entitled person with an I WANT IT NOW mentality" and that expecting it to work 100% of the time was unreasonable. She continued to complain... I wonder why...
    then feel free to go play L4d, Portal and whatever other little baddie games you play. BYE! WE WONT MISS YOU! <3 =D

You, and the retards with you, are NOT the majority. you are the EXTREMELY MINOR minority. the ony reson you drooling mouthbreathers get any attention at all is you are an EXTREMELY VOCAL Minority

but noone cares, noone agrees with you (oh, sorry, ONE PERSON out of the sevral who have responded agree with you.) and all your crying and complaints change nothing.

and you can go ahead and continue to prattle on in this thread about how right and """"""cool""""""" you are, i wont be able to see any posts you make after this point. internet tie kitty asks you to leave the internet and take your fail with you.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

snowman555's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    then feel free to go play L4d, Portal and whatever other little baddie games you play. BYE! WE WONT MISS YOU! <3 =D

You, and the retards with you, are NOT the majority. you are the EXTREMELY MINOR minority. the ony reson you drooling mouthbreathers get any attention at all is you are an EXTREMELY VOCAL Minority

but noone cares, noone agrees with you (oh, sorry, ONE PERSON out of the sevral who have responded agree with you.) and all your crying and complaints change nothing.

and you can go ahead and continue to prattle on in this thread about how right and """"""cool""""""" you are, i wont be able to see any posts you make after this point. internet tie kitty asks you to leave the internet and take your fail with you.
    This post is ridiculous.. really no need for this much bashing on someone else for voicing their opinion which is well put together. I don't know if you're trying to troll him or not but this post is a disgrace to the community.

Rawrypop's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by snowman555 View Post
    This post is ridiculous.. really no need for this much bashing on someone else for voicing their opinion which is well put together. I don't know if you're trying to troll him or not but this post is a disgrace to the community.
    He's just terribly insecure in his opinion, hence the over compensation. I used words he most obviously didn't understand. It's also very apparent he doesn't understand the basics of consumerism. Oh well, not much you can do to teach someone that refuses to learn.

loves2spooge's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's just terribly insecure in his opinion, hence the over compensation. I used words he most obviously didn't understand. It's also very apparent he doesn't understand the basics of consumerism. Oh well, not much you can do to teach someone that refuses to learn.
    /agree
    couldn't have said it better myself. the OP has some good points, doesn't mean I hate the game or even dislike it to the point OP might. Just means he has good points. Blizz dropped the ball a bit. I still LOVE the game and am having a BLAST. And likely will for 10 years like I did w/ past diablo games

Galanor's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....But we wanna play D3...not L4D, Portal and whatever baddie games.

EXTREMELY VOCAL MINORITY! And you know that based on...what? Magic? Unless you have some jesuspowers you cant know...

Loads of people care, and agree with him, no one is crying, and "complaints" as you put it, sheds a light on issues with the game.
    You seem to think its impossible to like a game but still point out flaws and mistakes.

Rawrypop's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, there's really no point in responding, replying, or quoting him. He doesn't actually care what the issue is, or why his attitude is ridiculous. If you read his replies, he didn't address any actual concerns, nor did he bother to answer why it was something we should just "accept." In fact, if you look at a lot of his posts, it's him whining that he's right and whoever he disagrees with is wrong for seemingly no reason as all he does is sling out insults, it's kind of funny really if you have the time. Not just on this forum either.

fishbutt2's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for reposting. Would not have seen this otherwise

O and where is pvp????!?!?!?! can;t make money off it

Dantose's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be a jackass. The whole "like it or leave it" line of thinking is a specious argument who's sole purpose is to try and distract people from criticisms which the moronic invoker is unable to address directly. It sounds no better coming out of your mouth than it does when it comes from some hick wing nut trying to shut up some perceived "hippy."

nusmesa's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i read more and more threads about how shit D3 is and how people are defending it, i came to a amazing conclusion.

Somehow between 2000 and 2012 (not only with Blizz games but all other companies), gamers started settling for shit games. And the ****ing enjoy shit games. Last night when i was wasting time on this shit, i was asking myself, am i having fun?... and the answer was no. Game is so ****ing shit, nothing works. EU servers are down during the day for hours, game is unbalanced as ****, got dumbed down... it's a steaming pile of shit. And people are eating it. I love the user rating on metacritic. I didn't even seen it before but somehow i knew that it would be on red, and the site's rating would be around 90.

Some few examples of shit games that people settled for: DA:O, SW:TOR, ME3, etc. (i won't even go to EA)

evil2's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    25/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    old blizzard is long dead... around WOW patch 1.7 the last good men left

dontospame's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to have to agree with the original poster. I thought the launch was terrible. I was not even able to log in the first day I bought the game! Really?!? That's acceptable? Not in my book.

Also, I'm one of those people who want a single player version of the game. Why? Because we were able to hack and mod the hell out of D2 to our hearts content on single player version, and that's something I enjoy doing, not to mention yes, I really do like playing the solo game. I find the idea that I have to log in to play what is (or should be) a single player game to be obnoxious.

AdamZZ's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how easily people throw around the world "entitlement," as if to imply it's acceptable in some way for a company that has been doing this for over _NINE_ years to have this same issue every single time they launch a game - or for that matter, that it's acceptable at all. It simply isn't acceptable, and people claiming we should "shut up and wait" are missing the point. If you buy a hamburger and it comes out with a giant pile of feces on it, do you shut up and eat it? No, because it's not acceptable. Neither is this. The tech to make Diablo 2 do what Diablo 3 does, was perfectly available when it was released, the design team then didn't do it, simply because it was in their best interest not to do so. People were expecting a game that was closer to Diablo 1, with improvements, and that's generally what they got. The problem is, that it's no longer about making a good game, or providing good service, but how much you can squeeze out of every person with the minimum amount of service provided. I've played through the entire game, Normal, Nightmare, Hell, Inferno, entirely and wholly by myself, and I don't see how playing with another person at any point would've added to my experience. In fact, playing with another person removes your companion from play. If you've played by yourself, you would know that that companions actually throw out foreshadowing and bits of story as the game progresses, which was actually a nice touch. The fact is, the person in the post that is linked is entirely correct, it wasn't a game built for gamers, or Diablo fans even, more to raise their bottom line.
    No server farm in the world can withstand the crowd that tried to log in at the same time on launch day.
    Tell me one big game that didn't have this problem..

SWTOR had it aswell and that game is small.
    GW2 is going to have it, if they sell enough copies.

Diablo 3 sold like 4m+ copies the first day, of course the servers won't be able to withstand the pressure of 4m players trying to log in.
    Error 37 and Error 73 is the same as a queue, you get those errors when too many players are online or trying to get online, if those were removed the servers would crash and no-one would be able to play at all.

Just because you can't play after your work doesn't mean that those already online can't play.

AdamZZ's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dontospame View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with the original poster. I thought the launch was terrible. I was not even able to log in the first day I bought the game! Really?!? That's acceptable? Not in my book.

Also, I'm one of those people who want a single player version of the game. Why? Because we were able to hack and mod the hell out of D2 to our hearts content on single player version, and that's something I enjoy doing, not to mention yes, I really do like playing the solo game. I find the idea that I have to log in to play what is (or should be) a single player game to be obnoxious.
    No, it is not and should not be a singleplayer game. And the reason offline mode doesn't exist is because of hackers.

dontospame's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by AdamZZ View Post
    No, it is not and should not be a singleplayer game. And the reason offline mode doesn't exist is because of hackers.
    Your excuses don't make the login issues acceptable, and the unable to log in thing is one of the reasons it ought to include single player offline mode, just like the previous 2 versions of the game.

The hacking is being done regardless, else why are you on this site? Your reason is invalid.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but it is just because it is yours does not make it worth more than anyone else's. A lot of people bought this game with expectations built up over 9+ years of waiting for it and now that it is out certain aspects have proven to be lacking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast