0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bypassing AH Selling limit

Found this bug when experimenting with AH quite a while ago, and couldn't find any threads on it, so here you go
    The bug will allow you to sell more than the 10 items at a time that you are normally limited to, Easiest is to have 11 items up, but 12, 13 or maybe even 14 is also possible, altho may be hard.

What you do:
    - Acquire a method of lagging your Internet connection (Many running downloads/Streams, Lag software, weak DDoS)
    - Have 9 items (not required, but makes it easier) up on the AH already
    - Start lagging your connection
    - Attempt to create auction for the item you want to sell
    - As soon as it starts processing to create the auction, press space to close the AH UI
    - Quickly (Before the first auction is succesfully created, the more lag the better) Open up the AH again and create a new auction for a 2nd item
    - As soon as it starts processing the 2nd auction request, stop lagging your connection
    - If succesful, both items will be auctioned, and the label on your auctions tab will ironically be labelled "11 of 10" accordingly

Doing it with more than 11 auctions is difficult, but possible, same procedure.
    This will most likely take several tries as it needs to be carefully timed, I may upload a video tutorial later on, if anyone would want that

For lagging my own connection I use a program called Lag7, however, you will have to find it yourself or use a different method of lag. As I doubt that application sharing is allowed here

Hope anyone finds this useful

Bypassing AH Selling limit
    nusmesa's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will try and comeback... unfortunately i got 10/10 now :-/

aemaru08's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost 1 item trying to do this.

Ghappy's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by aemaru08 View Post
    Lost 1 item trying to do this.
    Lol, how'd you manage that by attempting to do this? I've encountered this before, but by intentionally trying to bug AH in different ways
    the item will show up eventually in your AH history/item claim thingy, or as an auction (depending on what you did)

I will likely make a how-to video on this when I get home, given that its not still full
    Last edited by Ghappy; 06-08-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Farylon's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I actually had this happen a few days ago. Lagged up somehow and was selling 11 items. Was interesting.