[WTB] Advice for dealing with scammers menu

Trade Details

Free

How does it work? (Learn more about CoreCoins here)

User Tag List

btrash's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WTB] Advice for dealing with scammers

I started trading around 3 months ago and dealt over 60 transactions and was lucky enough not to encounter any scammers.

Unfortunately yesterday I deal with a guy with skype name zach.eagles who seemed friendly enough with 4 transactions totaling $160. He immediately chargedback the today and it seems my paypal got 4 disputes.

I requested that the funds be sent as "gift" and have comments such as "gold recieved"

However I really don't think that is enough and paypal might still decide to f*ck with me considering how they always favor buyers.

Do you guys have any advice as to how to deal with this situation / avoid traders. This guy was paypal verified and seemed to speak good English on skype.

[WTB] Advice for dealing with scammers
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: apparently this guy zach.eagles was flagged on the scammers thread
    I must be more careful and check that every time i guess.

Any other advice on how to deal with paypal / what to write on the dispute resolution page?

bumbito's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ****ing scammers pieces of shit. sorry for u bro.

I dont really have any advices for u only want to say that.
    -.-!

greenhorn's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by btrash View Post
    I started trading around 3 months ago and dealt over 60 transactions and was lucky enough not to encounter any scammers.

Unfortunately yesterday I deal with a guy with skype name zach.eagles who seemed friendly enough with 4 transactions totaling $160. He immediately chargedback the today and it seems my paypal got 4 disputes.

I requested that the funds be sent as "gift" and have comments such as "gold recieved"

However I really don't think that is enough and paypal might still decide to f*ck with me considering how they always favor buyers.

Do you guys have any advice as to how to deal with this situation / avoid traders. This guy was paypal verified and seemed to speak good English on skype.
    can feel your pain, those no lifers have no other thing to do but scam people around with their hard earned gold. Well, this is part and parcel of this kind of business, so only advice would be to keep logs, ask the guy to email you from the paypal email that you want to purchase, keep screen shots of trade and chat logs. furthermore, you can check the scammers thread at the top of trade.

Zakanator's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    113 (99%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's better to not sell to people who just joined and only have 1 post.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vigilance seems to be the best defence. I guess asking to an email from the paypal account / ownedcore account with good reputation is definitely mandatory for me in the future. That way I can prevent people using hacked email accounts.

Now the question is I currently have negative balance on my paypal due to this transaction reversal. If paypal's dispute resolution doesn't go in my favor, will they send the credit agency after me / will i lose credit score?

I was unfortunate enough to have this happen to a verified paypal account which i had previous attached my bank and credit card information.

Does anyone have any experience dealing with paypal to
    a) help me provide additional evidence other than chat logs to prove the transaction
    b) dealt with negative balance on paypal.

I would like to thank the community for being really awesome and for this to happen 3 months after i start trading is testimony to how awesome this community really is!

Vulpix0r's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's scammers like those that give us noob buyers a bad name.

mikeytea01's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where can i find the scammers thread? i would like to avoid some of those people as well, i sell d3 gold also