Sheet DPS menu

User Tag List

Thread: Sheet DPS

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sheet DPS

There are a lot of requests in TurboHUD to display the current sheet DPS somewhere on the screen without the need to open the inventory.
    My problem is that I'm not experienced in CE, and I was not able to found it
    I would be able to calculate an "approximate" sheet DPS based on current gear, set bonuses, followers, buffs, debuffs, etc, but it would be a tremendous work.

Maybe any of you - dear D3 haxors - has a static chain for me...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Sheet DPS
    iamclint's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked but I can after while but I believe you can read the text value from the ui element?

enigma32's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried searching for floats and doubles using various rounding methods and various decimal point placements but was also unable to find the value. I even tried as integer, with various forms that could make sense, but still no success. The only form I find is as text, where one is only valid when inventory is up, and the other one containing last shown value from inventory (probably the UI element text).

So, it appears that the client calculates DPS only when inventory is opened, and keeps updating (probably triggered by buff and item changes) until hidden.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so what you could do is find out what writes to the text address and find out how that gets the value to write.
    I still plan on looking at this later on today when i get some more time but in the mean time thats what I was going to do for you

I believe now from what enigma has said its calculated on the fly when you open inventory so we need to find out where its getting its values to add up

KillerJohn's Avatar TurboHUD HUDmaster CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you guys!
    probably that calculation is
    a) very complex, or
    b) the value is coming from the server (makes sense)

if I would be Blizzard, I would do b)...
    Currently I can calculate an "unbuffed" DPS based on gear. I can count in the most used set bonuses, but thats all.
    I'm pretty sure that blizzard did not programmed thousands of rules into the client...
    Do not send me private messages unless it is absolutely necessary or the content is sensitive or when I ask you to do that...

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well heres the situation I found... its constantly updating that value while inventory is open, more than 1 time a second. I know this because I put a break where it was writing it however I have not got down to where its actually getting the value to write.

From what I can see so far
    It writes the value into a temporary address, then it copies it from that address over into the ui piece.

I tried finding out what is writing to that temp address but its used by almost every ui piece as far as I can tell, it was constantly being written from somewhere else
    Last edited by iamclint; 04-09-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by iamclint View Post
    Well heres the situation I found... its constantly updating that value while inventory is open, more than 1 time a second. I know this because I put a break where it was writing it however I have not got down to where its actually getting the value to write.

From what I can see so far
    It writes the value into a temporary address, then it copies it from that address over into the ui piece.

I tried finding out what is writing to that temp address but its used by almost every ui piece as far as I can tell, it was constantly being written from somewhere else
    Thank you very much for putting effort into this!

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, I found a way to calculate DPS, so this topic is deprecated now. thank you guys for your time!

Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance you want to share the strategy? Did you end up enumerating all gear + skills/buffs or maybe found something easier?

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
    Any chance you want to share the strategy? Did you end up enumerating all gear + skills/buffs or maybe found something easier?
    it is much easier than you think. I'm only using the weapon attributes and the player's actor's attributes, but the weapon attrib can be replaced by some player attributes (I did not solved it yet).
    If I finish it, I'll publish the code in my memory reading topic in this subforum.

Thanks G/R
    4/738
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet I watched some player attributes that seemed connected to DPS or weapon DPS, but they made no sense whatsoever to me ^^

Thanks G/R
    46/3335
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by enigma32 View Post
    Sweet I watched some player attributes that seemed connected to DPS or weapon DPS, but they made no sense whatsoever to me ^^
    a lot of attributes are completely broken (all with "currenthand" in its code for example...)
    now it seems I have a working formula for dualwield...

ofc I'll publish my findings, but I need a few days to cleanup my code, drop out all trash I left in, simplify the formulas, temporary variables, etc...