0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible model editing for D3.

I think Memory editing would be a better place for this post but here goes.

After reaching 100 Paragon I got really bored of female barbar models and a thought hit me. What if there was a way to customize the MPQ's a little bit? I did some research and checked out the MPQ's in the D3 folder.

ClientData in Data_D3 -> PC -> MPQ's consists of a bunch of other MPQs and one of them is called "Appearence" which seems to contain all the monster models, etc. I found one called Barbarian_Male.app. and another one "Barbarian_Female.app".
    The idea was that if I switched the names, then all female barbs would be converted to a male barb and vice versa, which would only be client sided, right? Sadly, after logging in my character looked the same and I was dissapointed. Is there any other proper way to do this or did I just fail really really REALLY badly? I'm not that great when it comes to this but I'm sure there's got to be other people trying ways to do this.

I'll look more into this and if I find something I'll update this post.

This is NOT a request, I'm just wondering if there's a possibilty since I couldn't find any information about this anywhere.
    Last edited by Dreadzone; 02-04-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Possible model editing for D3.
    Dreadzone's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright so it is possible and I to need to use a working .exe program for this which I've been trying to do. The next step would either to be how to get the model numbers and hex convert them and switch them around that way.