Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BK-HotSkill (Skill Record, Skill Replay utility)

BK-HotSkill is a Skill Changer script written in AutoIT (source code included). It can change all 6 skills and 4 passives in one go, or a subset of it. It can save 10 Builds for fast Hotkey skill switching.

There is no D3 memory reading, writing, inject, hooks or similar type of hacking. Script uses pattern recognition instead of image matching therefore does not require user to create library of images per class. It is ready to use immediately.

Works with: 1920x1080, 1600x900, 1280x720
    Works with any language
    Elective Mode Enabled
    See VIDEO

Available upon request
    Last edited by burgaud; 06-25-2014 at 03:07 AM.

BK-HotSkill  (Skill Record, Skill Replay utility)
    tsutomi's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by burgaud View Post
    BK-HotSkill is a Skill Changer script written in AutoIT (source code included). It can change all 6 skills and 4 passives in one go, or a subset of it. It can save 4 Builds for fast Hotkey skill switching. It changes skills via on-screen pattern recognition and mouse interface. There is no D3 memory reading, writing, inject, hooks or similar type of hacking.

How to use:

By default, it uses F1, F2, F3 and F4 function keys. You can change these in the CONFIG.INI file. (Let the script create the config.ini first.)
    To record/save your current Build to a Hotkey:
    SHIFT F1 saves to HotKey F1
    SHIFT F2 saves to HotKey F2
    SHIFT F3 saves to HotKey F3
    SHIFT F4 saves to HotKey F4
    NOTE: SHIFT F1 means hold down SHIFT then press F1

To Recall/Change Skill:
    F1 Recall Build F1
    F2 Recall Build F2
    F3 Recall Build F3
    F4 Recall Build F4

END key to exit the Script
    HOME key to reload the CONFIG.INI file

NOTE:
    You can edit the following in the config.ini file:
    CloseAllOpenWindowKey={SPACE}
    Delay=100
    HotKeys

CloseAllOpenWindowKey refers to which key to quickly close ALL popups. In the above example, I am using SPACE bar to close all popups. You cannot use ESC, because ESC only closes 1 popup.

Delay is in milliseconds; the smaller the number, the faster the script. As of this time, 100 is the fastest setting I can get on my 1920x1080 system. Changing it to a smaller number will yield faster responses (ie change all 10 skills in less time); however, do note, this cannot hasten how D3 or your graphics card renders the popups. Therefore, it is not possible to change skills much faster than the popups. If you are getting errors changing skills, increase this Delay; if you have fast graphics card (that renders popups fast), you can decrease Delay. Per skill alone, there is a minimum of 4popups and max of 8popups. It is unfortunate we cannot decrease this number of window popups to improve performance. On Average, BK-HotSkill can change all 10 skills in 5 seconds. Max I got is 7 seconds for a worse case scenario where all skills are exactly in the opposite side.

Likewise, you can also REMOVE/DELETE Skills you do not need changing.
    EXAMPLE1: You only need to change a single Passive and a skill, then remove/delete the static skills in CONFIG file then reload (Press {HOME} key )

You can edit/modify CONFIG.INI and reload it to take immediate effect.

You do not need to RECORD your Builds everytime you run this script. Once you have recorded the Builds into CONFIG.INI you can reuse it; however, you need to INITIALIZE the script everytime you change class or load script. You can save a copy of CONFIG.INI (of your other character) before overwriting it with the new set. You do not need to record/assign all 4 hotkeys. You may even SAVE skills one HOTKEY per Class.

As of this time, BK-HotSkill works only for 1920x1080 resolution. Preparations were included to make this work for other resolutions, however, to ensure bug free operation, I need the following screen shots in PNG format, without your name, and resolution unmodified.
    1. Press "S" and take screen shot (Herein I refer to as Skill Page)
    2. then, click on any skill then take screen shot (Herein I refer to as Skill Tree Page)
    3. then take screen shot of the Passive Skill Page (Herein I refer to as Passive Skill Page)

Unknown if this works with non-English version although I have made it NOT reliant on language (ie, it should work too).

What this script cannot do is change skill when you are not allowed to change: ie, during a fight, or inside a Boss Room.

*V20140616 Tweaks for non-1920x1080 screen resolution
    *V20140614 Records/Replays all Skills/Passives
    *V20140613 Initial Release:No Passives
    Hey burgaud,

Thanks for the script !!
    I was always forgetting to re-arrange the skills whenever I switched to manual play, not anymore

Best regards !

burgaud's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me know if you got it working as is.
    Id like to know if the way it was coded to be NOT reliant on specific pixel colors works
    Last edited by burgaud; 06-18-2014 at 05:35 PM.

dmxcom's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna try it out later ! many thanks !

Seminko's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting... just tried it on 1680x1050 english version. Does not work.

I run the script, it initializes, scans the skills.
    I then press SHIFT F1 for the script to save my build (*.ini updated)
    I change a single spell and press F1 for the script to bring back build back.
    The correct skill is not changed back. The only thing that works is is passives.

Maybe it has something to do with resolution?

Btw, I like the idea of a build scan. In my build changer you have to select the skill manually BUT it does not load anything everytime you want to run the script.

Because basically - in my script you have to invest a minute to set the build up BUT only once EVER (build updates are 2seconds long but then again how often are you fiddling with the build, once a week at max?). So the next time you want to change the build it is done within 5 seconds of starting the build changer.

Your script on the other hand has to initialize and scan every time.

But then again, if the scan actually works on other resolutions it is a great way of solving the issue of recognizing classes, skills etc.

EDIT: When initializing does the script need to click the right arrow button in the skill interface to shuffle and scan for the skills? Because the mouse moves there but ends up 1cm short of the arrow button.
    Last edited by Seminko; 06-19-2014 at 06:00 AM.
    Don't just say thanks, click thanks!

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just tested it on 1600x900 as well as 1920x1080.

Not tested to work other than 16:9 resolution unfortunately due to the ratio of the screen. if you want it to work for your resolution ration, upload the screenshots as requested.
    I need the following screen shots in PNG format, without your name, and resolution unmodified.
    1. Press "S" and take screen shot (Herein I refer to as Skill Page)
    2. then, click on any skill then take screen shot (Herein I refer to as Skill Tree Page)
    3. then take screen shot of the Passive Skill Page (Herein I refer to as Passive Skill Page)
    This is a community contribution, I hope others would contribute by sharing their screen shot to make it work for them.

Your script on the other hand has to initialize and scan every time.
    Initialization (HOME KEY) should be done everytime you change class. Since running the script is considered as a class change (ie no class to a class) you need to press HOME KEY after running the script.
    I believe you misunderstood the purpose of Initialization/scanning.
    At any rate, I removed it altogether to prevent further misunderstanding.
    It is now simply HOME to reload a config.

Saving of Builds (SHIFT F1~F4 keys) should be done ONCE per build. Once you save a build you can replay the build as many as you want. SHIFT F1 a Build yesterday, F1 it today, F1 it next week, F1 it next month.
    These are two different things.

EDIT: When initializing does the script need to click the right arrow button in the skill interface to shuffle and scan for the skills? Because the mouse moves there but ends up 1cm short of the arrow button.
    no. user does not do anything other than WAIT. It is automated. No click here, no click there. It auto scan auto save everything. User is only required to press SHIFT F1~F4 to save the builds, wait, and to replay F1~F4. Nothing else. It falls short 1cm or 1meter away from the arrow button because you have a different screen aspect than what this was designed on: ie, 19:6
    Though I did include codes in preparation for any resolution, I still need screen shots to verify.
    Just a few hours before your post, I went out to get a 1600x900 to do some tests. I do have another 1280x720p to test just to verify 16:9 works.

AGAIN:
    You only need to save build ONCE. You do not teach (save builds) the script everytime you load. what you need to do everytime it loads is initialize but initializing does not mean saving builds. These are two different things. When initializing, it familiarize what the skill sets your current class have such that if you are using a DH, and assigning it with a WD saved builds, it will not allow you.

BTW.. at higher resolutions, speed is slower due to much more pixels for GPU to render. As I tried a 1600x900 resolution, I managed to change skill at 2~3 seconds. I am interested in how your code handles changing skills; perhaps sharing your codes would be a great contribution.
    Last edited by burgaud; 06-19-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no. user does not do anything other than WAIT. It is automated. No click here, no click there. It auto scan auto save everything. User is only required to press SHIFT F1~F4 to save the builds, wait, and to replay F1~F4. Nothing else. It falls short 1cm or 1meter away from the arrow button because you have a different screen aspect than what this was designed on: ie, 19:6
    Understood, was merely pointing out a possible reason why the bot was not working for me. Maybe you misunderstood me. It is obvious the user doesn't do anything

Anyways, as I was saying I think you did a wonderful job developing a class-independent system and the script / files attached are very clean. Who knows, maybe one day, I'll finish my changer to work for all classes / resolutions and we can pat each other on the back :-D.

BTW, how do you search for the skills? I mean figuring out what they are? I saw imagesearch for passives only.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Seminko View Post
    BTW, how do you search for the skills? I mean figuring out what they are? I saw imagesearch for passives only.
    For the Skill Tree, I used PixelChecksum for the "Skill Tree"'s text: Primary, Secondary, Defense, and storing the checksum in an array (without having to store Primary as the 1st element - just all in sequence). If I know the currently assigned skill index say 4 and the desired skill's index is 2, I have to click the left arrow twice. Thus there is absolutely no need to know if the current skill is Primary, and the wanted skill is another. All that matters in the end is how many clicks is needed to change to the other skill.

Doing an ImageSearch for the Skill Tree's Text is slow (albeit more accurate). But for this purpose, PixelChecksum provides sufficient accuracy. If it was an ImageSearch, when replaying a skill, it will take much longer time. Besides, if it was ImageSearch algo, I would require that the user to create these Skill Tree images and from experience with a GhomBot, a lot of people do not know how to create the proper PNG files or having pain doing so.

However, if the user decided to change his video settings, or go to a different computer, then one has to re-record his build on that other computer/setting. If I used ImageSearch algo, all those PNG images will become useless as well. So in the end, PixelChecksum is the winning algo. No user inputs - just press hotkeys.
    Last edited by burgaud; 06-19-2014 at 09:22 PM.

Thanks G/R
    35/89
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing an ImageSearch for the Skill Tree's Text is slow (albeit more accurate).
    Must disagree... it is a pain to get the files because you have to have one for every resolution / every skill (that's why my script is taking so long) - but the speed for the build changer is absolutely OK. I can change builds in cca 2s without a failure.

So in the end, PixelChecksum is the winning algo.
    Unfortunately, agreed.

Let me shoot you a message so we don't OT this thread to the ground.

haxxie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a try on my WD with 1920x1080 res.

Update - Having some slight problems now, It reads my three different skill builds I use, two of them are similar but right now it only swaps out one of the passives and nothing else.

When trying to load the third build nothing happens.
    Last edited by haxxie; 06-19-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by haxxie View Post
    Update - Having some slight problems now, It reads my three different skill builds I use, two of them are similar but right now it only swaps out one of the passives and nothing else.
    Can you explain further?
    ie, 3 builds, what are the exact skills for each build? please enumerate
    Posting the created config.ini would answer that question.

The last version of BK-HotSkill is not compatible with an earlier version. if you saved the builds using an old version, it will not replay correctly

When trying to load the third build nothing happens.
    Can you post config.ini

If you are encountering errors in the skill change, it is highly possible that the Delay timer is too small/fast for your system. 1920x1080 is a very large area. It takes a considerable more amount of time to render a popup than a smaller 1600x900 resolution.

Furthermore Do understand: There are limitations to changing passives: you cannot assign an already assigned passive.
    ie, if you have Grave Injustice assigned as Passive#4, you cannot move that to Passive#1
    What you cannot do manually, BK-HotSkill cannot do it also. BK-HotSkill performs skill changes from GUI, through mouseclicks, and not through memory overwrites.
    Last edited by burgaud; 06-20-2014 at 10:27 AM.