0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sed- View Post
    yep, ill try out the new version, last time i tryed it was 4 and everything was working.

edit: i tryed the newest version with the sounds and it worked, this is the newest version with sounds included let me no if this worked
    LootAlert_5.rar
    Thanks. It must be something on my end as there is still no sound. Interesting.
    Edit: Using Win7 64 bit if that matters.

[Farming Utility] Loot Alert
    figgins42's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this, it is amazing (and coincidentally exactly what I was looking/hoping for). Thank you especially for releasing the source.

I've modified it some and want to share, but don't know the proper channels for this community/forum:

* Added optional sound output / better wrapping around Sound loading so missing sounds won't throw
    * Added secondary window with aggregate output about items found. (it is the beginning of a whole stats-tracking thing I've wanted to do, but didn't gave a "way" to get item data [even the rudimentary data tracked in the Item class...] from the game short of manual data entry. Anyway, I play windowed most of the time and sound off so wanted a visual to show me what is dropping. It's just a standard logfile looking thing syntax highlighted for legendary/rare/blue discoveries.

I've found some issues with the D3.cs class and hit some weird weirdness, but the code itself is entirely undocumented and I admittedly am not a C# coder whatsoever ... would love to give my feedback somewhere I knew it wasn't possibly a waste of time.

Would love to share my/more code, let me know if it is something worthwhile. Really I'd like to see a (c) at the top of the code and a BSD/MIT style license and create a beastly cool plugable interface but have enough projects to keep me busy for a while. twitter.com/phiggins I'm an open-source advocate/developer and again am thankful you released your code.

Regards

JohnnyRingo's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it matter what my default player for .wav files is?

*Update - I re installed .net 4.0 and am using WinAmp as my default .wav player. LootAlert still will not play (Test Sound) any of the files.
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 09-18-2012 at 07:30 PM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo View Post
    Does it matter what my default player for .wav files is?

*Update - I re installed .net 4.0 and am using WinAmp as my default .wav player. LootAlert still will not play (Test Sound) any of the files.
    make sure your running it in admin, also for lulz you could make it run in xp sp 3 (am pretty sure its sp2 or 3)

Originally Posted by figgins42 View Post
    Thank you for this, it is amazing (and coincidentally exactly what I was looking/hoping for). Thank you especially for releasing the source.

I've modified it some and want to share, but don't know the proper channels for this community/forum:

* Added optional sound output / better wrapping around Sound loading so missing sounds won't throw
    * Added secondary window with aggregate output about items found. (it is the beginning of a whole stats-tracking thing I've wanted to do, but didn't gave a "way" to get item data [even the rudimentary data tracked in the Item class...] from the game short of manual data entry. Anyway, I play windowed most of the time and sound off so wanted a visual to show me what is dropping. It's just a standard logfile looking thing syntax highlighted for legendary/rare/blue discoveries.

I've found some issues with the D3.cs class and hit some weird weirdness, but the code itself is entirely undocumented and I admittedly am not a C# coder whatsoever ... would love to give my feedback somewhere I knew it wasn't possibly a waste of time.

Would love to share my/more code, let me know if it is something worthwhile. Really I'd like to see a (c) at the top of the code and a BSD/MIT style license and create a beastly cool plugable interface but have enough projects to keep me busy for a while. twitter.com/phiggins I'm an open-source advocate/developer and again am thankful you released your code.

Regards
    you can toss it here just note the original author, if you could comment but its not needed, just make sure you throw a list of changes//fixes you made to it so people know. i wana test it ;p

also it would be nice if you make 2 folders, 1unpacked 1packed ;p,
    Last edited by sed-; 09-18-2012 at 08:08 PM.

cheeze123456's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way to increase the volume of the alert? I listen to music while farming so it's kinda hard to hear it sometimes.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by cheeze123456 View Post
    Is there any way to increase the volume of the alert? I listen to music while farming so it's kinda hard to hear it sometimes.
    well for windows 7 with some really cleaver programming it can be made to lower your sound to 35% play sound and put it back ;p,

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    make sure your running it in admin, also for lulz you could make it run in xp sp 3 (am pretty sure its sp2 or 3)

Tried that. No dice. This truly baffles me because the zip in your OP, the one with just the .exe and sound.wav works well except that I cant add renamed files. If I do, they wont play.This new version wont work at all, at least not sound wise.

Edit: Ok, figured out the deal with my original issue. Seems with replacing the original sound.wav. I didn't match the sampling rate. Once I adjusted that to 44100 khz it played fine.
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo; 09-18-2012 at 09:53 PM.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try this, if this doesnt work than am out of ideas why it would bug out on you lol
    LootAlert 2.rar
    Last edited by sed-; 09-18-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try this, if this doesnt work than am out of ideas why it would bug out on you lol
    LootAlert 2.rar

I dont know brother, guess the 1's and 0's gods just aren't happy with me tonight... no dice on that version either. I'll keep messin' with it thought. Thanks for all your help.

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo View Post
    I dont know brother, guess the 1's and 0's gods just aren't happy with me tonight... no dice on that version either. I'll keep messin' with it thought. Thanks for all your help.
    np, i just wish i know why its doing that. hopefully someone will have diff ideas and it will work ;p,

nergoza's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this program reads from the memory, there is a ban risks here?
    thanks

h0v3r's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone filed a ticket to blizz asking if this is bannable. Their response is no as long as it's read-only.

Fu3g0's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by h0v3r View Post
    someone filed a ticket to blizz asking if this is bannable. Their response is no as long as it's read-only.
    you read this anywhere?source?

sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Fu3g0 View Post
    you read this anywhere?source?
    look threw the 10 pages and you will see

laddidaddi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I can understand it will notify me on a crafting plan if I set it accordingly. Will it work on a gem plan as well?

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast