• Smitten's End of 2016 Giveaway -- Scarab Lord / R1 Warlock & Amazon Giftcard

I'll keep this short and sweet since it'll likely be my last giveaway, so I wanted to make it a good one.

The Prizes:

I'm giving away one of personal WoW accounts (US Region) which has a Scarab Lord & Rank 1 Warlock. Level 110, 863 item level. It also has full T3 and some Naxx40 weapons. Not much else. No other characters on the account.

I'm also giving away a $50 Amazon Giftcard to the runner up.

To Enter:

Reply to this thread with why Horde is or is not the best faction. One entry (post) per person or you'll be disqualified.

Terms:

Entries end at 11:59PM on the 31st of December, 2016 (AEST).

Winners will be announced within 48 hours after.

Winners will be picked via random.org based on post number.

Have fun & good luck!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Smitten's End of 2016 Giveaway -- Scarab Lord / R1 Warlock & Amazon Giftcard started by Smitten View original post
    Comments 168 Comments
      Haruo -
      The horde is the best factions because man.. we have zeppelins
      Senketsu -
      Horde is the best cause with them wow would have no Story line with some grit to it they understand the struggle. For The Horde......Lok'tar Ogar
      Phantomous -
      I'd say between the two, alliance is better, and I play horde.

Alliance (like mentioned already) are full of architects, engineering, and endless resources for knowledge meanwhile the horde are still warmongering, marshland settling, primitive peoples. Take in account that in Ulduar, who provided the forces the means to breach the gate to flame leviathan?

Was it not the horde who had an inside betrayal at the Wrathgate? The Undead turn against not just their own faction, but their own Undead? It seems that the Horde is also unstable. The horde also had meaningless killings throughout the lands of Kalimdor and the huge one that sticks out is Theramore. You can look at Theramore and look at that as a nuclear bomb that wasn't necessary.

Lastly, FWIW. Who's had more leaders since Classic? Alliance or Horde? I think that proves my point that both politically and ethically the Alliance is better than the horde.
      minihansen12 -
      horde is the best faction, because they have female bloodelfs <3
      HaRdCoR3 -
      Horde Is the best! Because the're hatefull! 😁
      Disphotic -
      cus all the children play alliance
      Mousecat -
      Horde is the best faction because silvermoon is the most beautiful capital
      ~Z~ -
      Horde is not the best faction, because they are ugly lol (expt female blood elf ofc).
      jimboooney -
      Horde isn't the best because at least the alliance can keep a leader for more than one expansion while horde leadership is a game of musical chairs with death.
      Torpedoes -
      Damn, this contest tops it all. I think Alliance is best because Varian gave up his life to save everyone else whereas Vol'jin got rekt by a single demon, and then Sylvanas promptly abandoned the Alliance.
      Incarceron -
      The Alliance is better than the Horde by far. While the Horde has Orcs, who are simple people who got caught up in some time-travel and Burning Legion shenanigans and ended up in Azeroth, the Alliance has Humans who are descended from the Titan-forged, beings made to defend Azeroth from the Old Gods, pretty awesome! Dwarves are similar in that they were once made of stone and through the curse of flesh were made into the living beings they are now. The Alliance makes up the vast majority of the good in Azeroth, being the originators of Paladins and the bearers of the Light, the strongest users of magic - Guardians of Tirisfal and the Kirin Tor both being primarily anthropocentric.
      Rykun -
      For the horde because for the alliance just isn't the same.

PS: they're doing their best with their mudhuts; but you can't deny silvermoon is 100x better than stormwind
      Jaladhjin -
      Horde wishes they had the awesome cities.. mounts & races..

The tram.. that view under the sea.. f'get about it..
      Dastin -
      Horde is the best faction because Evil! \^^/
      Kentus -
      Horde is not better.. just because it is not Alliance
      SyzzleDyzzle -
      Two words and one name Lady Sylvanas. She is willing to go to any lengths to protect her people, the Forsaken. Horde accepted her and now she is the Warchief. Can't get any better than that.

Great giveway!
      Thalldor -
      Horde, in my honest opinion, is the best faction for various reasons. In all honesty, I started playing WoW back in 2007 because I broke both of my legs in a car accident and couldn't walk or leave the house much when i was 16. I built my own pc with money from my part time job before the accident, and started gaming on Warcraft for the first time out of recommendations from friends at school. I started off first on the alliance and it opened my eyes to a world where I could escape from the house without actually leaving. The only issue was that I was by myself in the world, I tried out various guilds but no one ever wanted to actually teach me how to play the game, they were all already higher level elitists. I had started out as a human paladin and had no idea how to play the game but all of the guilds I had joined made me hate playing alliance, the character development, race wise, was terrible, they all had generally the same reason for fighting as each other or they had no reason at all except duty to their king, the story lines and quest lines were all the same and there was generally zero lore from the get go to the finish line. I jumped back over the the character creation screen and took a better look at the horde. The tauren were mighty beasts ready to defend the plains, the trolls ferocious natives ready to scalp anyone to protect their land, the orcs ferocious and bloodthirsty warriors ready to demolish anyone that gets in the way prepared to die in battle. I couldn't believe i skipped over an entire faction just because my friend had played the alliance. The horde had so much more detail in their story lines, so much tragedy for why they fought for what they believed in, and so much more drama it pulled me in immediately. I joined a guild right off the bat and continued to game with them for years to come before the owner quit playing WoW and disbanded the guild. The horde kept me entertained for 8 months before i could get up and leave the house by myself and the memories i shared with my guildies will keep me playing long after they're gone so that i can pave the way for the new players who seek adventure, blood, and glory!
      Nixen -
      Horde... Cause Belfs and Faded Wizard hat! We like it ALOT
      gerger -
      Because of the noobs, every player with 0 perception plays horde, trying to do something " evil "
      Fony -
      Horde is not the best because Dwarfs will conquer all. FOR IRONFORGE!!