• OwnedCore Interview: Administrator KuRIoS

OwnedCore Interviews: The Faces Behind The Names
    by Spazzer

Interview 9: Administrator KuRIoS

The interview you all have been waiting for; the one, the only Administrator KuRIoS.

You want to know who makes OwnedCore possible? I will be interviewing important figures from within the OwnedCore community. Find out who these dedicated individuals are while learning some interesting facts. There has been a slight change with the OwnedCore Interviews. There will only be a single interview released every four days. This will give community members an opportunity to ask the interviewee questions directly.

What is your forum handle and how did you choose the name?
    Kurios… NOT KurLos as some fgts like Ground zero or esko. I chose it many years ago, when I was 12 or 13 iirc. In Danish ‘kurios’ means something that is unique and rare or funny.

I think I speak for everyone when I ask; What is the story behind your Avatar?*
    Quite a fun story actually. I had a nanny when I was younger and she was really hot (as you can imagine from the avatar). One day we were home alone when a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in a fight and my mum got scared and said you’re moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air.

In other words, there is no story behind it. I found it on a site dedicated to OGC and SH!T hack for CS. I used to hang around the site and create finetune the vectors and aimbots and decided to use the pic, that someone posted on the forum, as my avatar.

What is your real name and what do you do for a living?
    Rune and I’m a teacher… How else do you think I can handle the teenagers and cross dressers within the staff of OwnedCore.

What is your history with OwnedCore and what is your involvement within the community?
    Well, I came to MMOwned (former version of OC) when we it had only a few active members. Cush, another member, and I joined at approximately the same time and started mass contributing. I was upgraded to staff quite fast by Matt and from there I increased my activity. My first posts back in the day were about farming ZG for plants, Farming Dire Maul for tomes (up to 1500g back in vanilla (was a lot!!)). But first and foremost, I think my OpenBot tutorial really brought in members.

With being one of the Admins on OwendCore can you give us an example of the day and life of KuRIoS?
    Not that exciting anymore to be honest. I get up at 5:00 in the morning and leave for work at 5:45 after having prepared some breakfast for when my gf through 11 years wakes up. I arrive at work 180 kilometers later where I teach on a school for adults. At 16:00 I drive all the way back and then I cook dinner. After that I browse OC and lurk in the bawx until I go to bed, unless I do something away from the computer, like running, fitness or drinking. (Yes I do have a tendency to enjoy the occasional beer from time to time).

Most people know you in the OwnedCore community but what is one thing they don’t know about you that you would like them to know?
    I find it hard to congratulate people on their success, specially if they tend to brag a lot. I do not believe in packing things in, I think you should say things as they are and call a shovel a shovel, instead of trying to sugarcoat it. The truth may hurt, but I think you are better off knowing straight away if you have screwed up rather than having to find out 2 weeks later. Many of our staff members and more seasoned members can nod at this.

What have you learnt from OwnedCore over the years? What is something that you will never forget?
    That friends/strangers from everywhere in the world can have a tremendous impact on your life, regardless of the fact that you may not have met them IRL. I trust some of the staff members with things that I don’t even tell my closest friends IRL, but I also think that the people whom I am close to feels the same way.

I have also learnt, as I mentioned earlier, that I need to work on being able to congratulate other people on their success, or to ignore their bragging(even if it is so damn obvious that they are talking out of their arse).

OwnedCore has such a diverse mix of cultures and nationalities where in the world are you from and where do you live?*
    I am from Denmark, but I went to Australia when I was 16, without my parents, to live there for a year as an exchange student. I think the different cultures and nationalities and how our main users, teenagers or young people in early twenties, are able to get along is freaking amazing. Matt and I said from the beginning that political talk, racism or sexual orientation bashing shouldn’t be allowed. I think that it has helped everyone get along on OC even if some members find it annoying that we wont accept teenage rebellions on OC. I honestly believe that the intercultural competence and knowledge shown and shared by our members is something that most societies could learn from.

Where do you see OwnedCore in 5 years and 10 years, what would you like to see grow and develop in that time frame?*
    I think that Ownedcore will be somewhat as it is today. Full of life, drama and legen- wait for it – dary people, our members. It will be full of teenagers and our current teenagers will be mature and frown upon the new teens That Simba, is the circle of life.

I would like to see our achievement feature to be all ready and that we are able to use the new ideas and development for websites to make OwnedCore a better platform and place for all gamers who believe that they are able to do more within their games.

Is there anything you want people to use more on Ownedcore? What would you like to see changed at OwnedCore?*
    I hope that people will use the bawx more again. Which they will as soon as the next expansion arrives or the next big game hits the shelves. IF I could change anything, it should be the scam prevention section, since it still has scam guides in there and it shows a dark chapter in the history of OC/MMOwned. A chapter where Matt and I weren’t observant enough to prevent it from happening.

What was your first game and when did you start gaming, what was your hook?
    Age of empires II: The age of kings, All hail…King of the losers... Or actually it may have been Red Alert 2 or Duke Nukem LAN mode. However, the first online game that I played was Counterstrike where I played LEGITLY in a top clan in Denmark for quite some time.

When it comes to MMORPG’s I actually said “I will NEVER play this game” the first time I saw WoW. I also despised the everquest games. At some stage I was talked into WoW and I loved it. Being one of the first to solve the Noggaholics quest to get to GM Island and such was just awesome as you could explore real things in the game and not just glitched areas as it is now (sorry explorers).

Gaming is a way of life on OwnedCore; are you a big MMO person or a more strategic relaxed player. What type of gamer are you and why?
    Not sure that I understand this question correctly. I played loads of pvp and wsg/av back when it was released, but once they dumbed everything down and introduced the biggest failure in wow (imho), Arenas, I just couldn’t be bothered anymore. After that I wanted to spend some time earning gold and within 1½ months I hit the gold cap, then there wasn’t much fun in wow anymore.

Now I am a relaxed gamer and I feel bored and exhausted just from hearing the login music in WoW.

If you were not a gamer what would you see yourself doing, what are your other passions?
    Fitness, but not that much anymore due to the lack of time. However, I do spend a lot of time with friends and specially the best football team in Denmark, Brøndby IF.

Where can we find you besides OwnedCore?
    The pub…. just kidding.. I also own the site Online Game Bots - Reviewed here where I hand out my tips for betting, when I have time. The profit from May – Now is around $37k USD so that is quite awesome.

Can you explain how you got into betting and gambling scene, what do you focus mostly on?*
    I am a sports-FREAK. Betting on matches just adds some extra excitement to the games. The last months have been good and I hope I have helped members on OC and onlinebotters.com to gain some cash as well.

Give us a brief explanation and an example for people who have not read your blog what they might find?
    My blog is nothing spectacular to be honest. It is a review site for bots for online games. I haven’t had time to update the reviews, due to the lack of time, but that should come soon. The blog part is just about making money online, I used to focus on money from gold and gaming, but at the moment it is on betting.

Who would you like to see interviewed? Who are you going to call out?*
    IF you can get hold of him, Cush or WizardTrokair two older members who could be interesting to hear more about.

Who is your closest friend and foe on Ownedcore?*
    Closest friend? Hmm I have been with JD on OC for quite some time and even though we, at times, disagree like only a married couple can, we are good again 5 minutes later. I also have a huge respect for our fat guy from Poland, Hi5. Lately I haven’t had the mental resources to be as I should towards him. Though, this goes for all of the staff, I wish I could be more involved with them than I have without it being a discussion or me telling them to do something differently. However, I am working on that now.

Originally Posted by KuRIoS View Post
    Friend/foe.. My foe would be Ground Zero, he is mad at me because I made it publicly known that he has a crush on Rebecca Black, which is also why we removed him from staff... (Just check his profile pic)
    Mac vs PC: The Final Battle. What do you use; Mac or PC?
    I use a macbook pro for work and a PC at home. I hate and despise the macbook and love the PC. I don’t get why gamers wants a computer that looks nice but are much crappier than what you can get at the same price as long as it is not branded with an apple.

Throughout these OwnedCore interviews almost every interviewee has mentioned you in one way or another. These range from dramatic changes in their lives or huge unrepayable favors; I want to give you this opportunity to express your thoughts and say anything you want on the matter.
    Those who have mentioned me can be 100% certain that they have touched my life in some way as well. I try to treat everyone the same, except for the people that I trust and respect. I try to treat them better and the way that I hope, they would to me, so I am just glad that these people feel that I have helped them in one way or another.

I do remember many of the situations in which I have been mentioned and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. I know that many of the staff members would do the same toward each other, but that is just what makes the staff so awesome, we are like small tight knit family. We used to be tighter, but we have many new members so the family will reunite and shape up again soon.

Is there anything else you would like to add to this interview or information you would like people to know?*
    Contrary to popular beliefs, there are only a few people that I don’t respect on OC. I hate banning members, but I also hate members who knowingly breaks the rules, those are the times where I wish I could break their nose through the screen.

Other than that, I love you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All interviews are conducted and written by Spazzer but are condoned and regulated by OwnedCore. Each interviewee has written and edited their personal segments and approved prior to posting said content for public review. This includes but is not limited to grammar, spelling and just bad English throughout the interview.