• OwnedCore Interview: Super Moderator Zoidberg

OwnedCore Interviews: The Faces Behind The Names
    by Spazzer

Interview 7: Super Moderator Zoidberg

You want to know who makes OwnedCore possible? I will be interviewing important figures from within the OwnedCore community. Find out who these dedicated individuals are while learning some interesting facts. There has been a slight change with the OwnedCore Interviews. There will only be a single interview released every four days. This will give community members an opportunity to ask the interviewee questions directly.

This weeks interview will be with Super Moderator Zoidberg.

Hurray! People are paying attention to me! What is your forum handle and how did you chose the name?
    My forum handle is Zoidberg. Many people will recognise where the name comes from, but for those who don’t, Zoidberg is a character in Futurama. I picked this name because I suck at making up internet handles, names, and this wasn't taken. I did have another name, Toxica, but only members who have been active in the shoutbox on OC in 2007-2008 will recognise my former name.

Why not Zoidberg!
    Exactly! Actually disregard my answer. Why not Zoidberg fits much better!

What is your real name and what do you do for a living?
    My real name is Alexander, and for a living I study the equivalent to an AP in Computer Science. I also have a job as a web and software developer. At my education we mostly develop software in C#. At my job I mostly do a lot of web devving in Javascript and a bit of ASP.net.

What is your history with OwnedCore and what is your involvement within the community?
    I'm registered since 2007, so I'm a long time member. I'm a supermod, and I've been a part of the mod team since... 2010 I think? I'm not entirely sure, I've totally lost track of time. I obviously played WoW back in 2007, so I think I found the site (then called MMOwned) by searching for a guide of some sort. I've never really been into the exploiting or the boting scene.

Lately I haven't been super active due to... well, getting older, but I'm trying to find more time for the site. My duties are very general, so it's difficult to say. Basically as a mod, our job is to keep the content and community of the site in line with the rules. Some mods are assigned specific sections, but I've always been an "allrounder" with mod access in all sections of the site.

Most people know you in the OwnedCore community but what is one thing they don’t know about you that you would like them to know?
    6 years ago I was in Brazil, visiting family. On the day we were flying home, we loaded our luggage into the trunk of the car and drove towards the airport. On the way to the airport we were stopped by drug police, as they were suspecting that we had drugs in the back of the car, since our very heavy luggage dragged down the back of the car. We stopped the car and a police officer came up to the window, looked in through the window and saw white Europeans in the car and let us go. He didn't even bother checking the trunk just to make sure. That was a very weird experience.

What have you learnt from OwnedCore over the years? What is something that you will never forget?
    I have learned that moderation takes a ton of patience. I'm not the most patient guy, but I believe this has given me a bit more patience. I like to believe this has transitioned over to real life, but I think ageing also has something to do with it.The thing I will never forget is the pre-OC time, when we were called MMOwned and used old theme and a lot of active members from that period who are not active anymore.

OwnedCore has such a diverse mix of cultures and nationalities where in the world are you from and where do you live?
    I'm very mixed when it comes to nationalities and culture. I was born and raised in Denmark where I still live. I'm part Danish, Brazilian and Italian. I also have family in the states, but they immigrated there so I can't call my self part 'merican

What do you think about the diversity of Ownedcore? Why do you think Ownedcore is so popular to this day?
    I think there are many factors. I guess many people on OC found the site on either google, from a friend or saw someone talk about the site somewhere on the internet. Back in the day I think emulation, exploitation and boting were the most active sections, so I think many members who were very active back then had something to do we some of these sections. Over the last couple of years the trade section has grown quite a bit, so I think besides all the WoW sections, that is currently the section that attracts most members.

Not entirely sure how much diversity ties in. If diversity, in this case, is a difference of the interests of each member, then of course it has an impact. If we 're talking about the cultural diversity, then I don't think it play a big role. I guess you could say that the internet has a culture of it's own. But I like talking to people all around the world over the internet, and I find that it's not really before you get into personal discussions you start seeing cultural differences.

Is there anything you want people to use more on Ownedcore? What would you like to see changed at OwnedCore?
    If someone is breaking a rule (for example a repost), use the report button instead of sending a PM to a moderator. I can't really find anything that I want changed at the current time.

What was your first game and when did you start gaming, what was your hook?
    Man, many people remember their first game, but I don't. However, my first memory of gaming is actually one of the first GTA games on a PC at a cousins (who is much older than me) house. Not really your usual game to start out with as a small kid :P I also remember playing a lot of Crash Bandicoot on PS1, but I have no idea how old I was. I've been gaming most of my life, but I think WoW hooked me into PC gaming, but I haven't touched it in many years and I don't intend to.

Gaming is a way of life on OwnedCore; are you a big MMO person or a more strategic relaxed player. What type of gamer are you and why?
    I cross into a lot of different genres so I can't really categorize myself. I guess the definition of 'gamer' is broad. Currently I'm very on and off when it comes to gaming. I'm definitely not a gamer in the sense that I game every day, sometimes there can go many days in-between. But yes, I have an interest in MMO's but sadly there is no interesting MMO currently. I also like strategic games, free roam/sandbox, shooters, RPG's, simulations, sports games and so on. I also don’t have enough spare time for MMo’s.

If you were not a gamer what would you see yourself doing, what are your other passions?
    Programming, music, football (not the american version).

Where can we find your besides OwnedCore?
    Nowhere. If people want to contact me, they can ask for my Skype over a PM.

Who would you like to see interviewed? Who are you going to call out?
    Señor KuRIoS is an obvious choice, since he's one of the oldest members (registered since april 2006)

Who is your closest friend and foe on Ownedcore?
    I've been kinda distant lately due to a busy personal life with a school and job to manage, so I haven't had a lot of time to keep up with friends from OC, but in my more active times I've talked alot with Freefall552, Confucius, Parog, alot of high ranked members who were active back in 2008-2010 and a lot of members from the mod team (both past and present). I'd say that many from the mod team a close in some way, since we're a team having constant discussions, both about events on the site and offtopic/random stuff, we all kinda know each other... Although I know absolutely nothing about maclone, only his nationality :P

I don't really have any foes or enemies on the site, but I once caught a member with multiple accounts, which I banned, which in return made him spend a lot of time on creating a ton of accounts with profane names about me... so I guess you could say that he was kind of a foe for a short while :P

Mac vs PC: The Final Battle. What do you use; Mac or PC?
    PC for gaming and Linux for web devving. I don't like the closed ecosystem of apple products... And their insane pricing.

Is there anything else you would like to add to this interview or information you would like people to know?
    nope

Nothing, nothing at all?
    STUPID SEXY FLANDERS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: All interviews are conducted and written by Spazzer but are condoned and regulated by OwnedCore. Each interviewee has written and edited their personal segments and approved prior to posting said content for public review. This includes but is not limited to grammar, spelling and just bad English throughout the interview.