• Contributing to Ownedcore

Hello all, Bips here with a guide on how to effectively contribute to OC, and also provide a brief insight as to how I started contributing here, so let's get to it!!

Please note I am writing this on my phone so there may be a few grammatical errors. Be gentle.

To start with my history, I first came to this site back in 2009, back when Ownedcore was known as MMOwned. I finally made an account in 2011 and was the stereotypical 1 post, 1 rep grey lurker. After a while I wanted to move up in the ranks but I thought I had nothing to contribute. So I became a donator for a while. I posted a couple glitches here and there, and exceeded the 35 rep cap for access to the bawx without being a donator. However, I continued donating, as I had very little else to give. After a while, I realized I want to do more, but I am not an expert glitcher or script maker for the major games we support here, so I felt like I had nothing. I PM'd KuRIos asking him what I can do for this site, since my end goal is to become a moderator here. He told me that contributing is not strictly about finding glitches, it's so much more. So, I started giving my two cents on various threads and giving whatever information I could offer. I also started becoming more active in the bawx and helping anyone there, especially new donators or those who just achieved 35+ rep. Now I am contributing to our site on a fairly regular basis, and it seems a number of people recognize my name on the forum (hopefully in a good way).

Now, how does this help you? It shows that I have been in your position and I am willing to help you out.

At the core of Ownedcore, we are a knowledge sharing center and a service trading center. By that, I mean we share the knowledge on various things we find, for example WoW exploits, and a service trading center by means of giving our services for a price, for example WoW PvP carries. But there is so much more to the forum. We are all here to help one another and most of the information here is free. However, a big key to keeping this site alive is sharing your knowledge. No matter how small you may think it is, it could help someone discover something even better. Knowledge is power and the more you give the more you can receive. And when you do give, you will be rewarded, normally through Reputation points. Through the reputation points you will gain access to other sections with even more useful knowledge, and help out the site in the process.

If you have given all your knowledge, don't worry there is still more for you to do. You can still give your opinions on threads or provide further insight to help boost along someone else's theory, glitch, etc.

Another major thing to contribute is to be active in the bawx once you have access. The bawx almost always has some sort of conversation going which you may be able to contribute to.

One of the last tidbits of advice I can provide deals with more monetary contributions. There are a few ways to do that here. For one, you could always bring your service here, such as WoW PvP boosts, LoL assistance, etc. Another way is donating to the forum! You get some very nice rewards from doing so and help out the site at the same time. Finally, offer up various programs or something like that. For example, I gave my key to Sandboxie to the forum for various people to use and help them in other exploits and in general usage as well.

If you have done all this and still want to do more, ask! People will always have something to do that you may be able to help on.

For now, that's all I have got. Hopefully this will reach some people and breathe even more life into the great site we have here. Very few places have such a tight knit community such as this, please make use of it!
    Comments 1 Comment
      HI5 -
      nice guide!