0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animation/Sound swapping?

Hey guys, just wondering if it would be possible with these current tools to swap animations or sounds from one character to the other. So, for example, if I had a human character and I wanted to have him with an orc's standing or walking animations, would that be possible?

Following the same line of questioning, would it be possible to swap out some of my character's sounds for different ones, whether it be from a different WoW character, or just sounds from outside the game?

If it is possible to do animation/sound swaps without completely changing your character's race/model, you can just tell me the programs I would need and I will try and figure the rest out on my own.

Wasn't really sure if this belonged in model editing, but I figured it deals with the same sort of file editing and this would be the best place to ask about it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Animation/Sound swapping?
    techniquees's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to animation:

Probably not.. since animations use "bones", you're probably going to find your character will be stretched and pulled in all manner of shapes if the rig doesnt fit the model.

As for sound, yes tis possible. You can change the sounds emitted by anything just by adding a directory structure to your WoW folder. I used to have Super Mario sounds for human male.
    Find the sound you want to change in the MPQ and use the directory structure from that in your Data folder (I think? it's been a while..) the format must match the original file. most, if not all speech/spells/ambience etc are .Wav format. Music is MP3

All you need is MyWarcraftStudio

EDIT: Here's a list of the sound files from version2.4 [ame="http://files.filefront.com/24soundstxt/;9944862;/fileinfo.html"]2.4sounds.txt Download File on FileFront[/ame]
    Last edited by techniquees; 04-03-2009 at 11:17 AM.