Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ready to take my model editing to the next level, but a question first!

I have pretty much mastered model changing race to race and creatures and mounts and junk, and now im looking to do it to spells. I would believe it would be the same process but i have a question, when i first decided to try i noticed things like arcane shot had a "base" then an "impact". If i wanted to change something like arcane shot to death coil, would they both have to have "base" and "impact" things? Would there be a guide that would explain how to do this? I couldnt find any guides that are specifically for spells or even follow the same basic concept?

Ready to take my model editing to the next level, but a question first!
    Fault's Avatar Retired Super Moderator

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Ready to take my model editing to the next level, but a question first!

Originally Posted by Davenukem
    ...If i wanted to change something like arcane shot to death coil, would they both have to have "base" and "impact" things? Would there be a guide that would explain how to do this? I couldnt find any guides that are specifically for spells or even follow the same basic concept?
    Yes, to your first question. And no to ur second. U should try it on ur own, dont follow guides for everything

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    "If I and everyone else could contribute to MMOwned like you do it would be a terrific place." Don't PM me with request, only Questions

Davenukem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will do capitan

Btw, now that i have somebody here XD. I have always wanted to do this, i have been able to in the past (using a guide i know! i should try on my own but im stupid) change a snowshoe rabbit into Onyxia. However, how would I now change my pet into maybe onyxia or posssibly a succy. DBC editing seems the only way to do it, but im a bit iffy as to how i can find the files now that everything is in Common. Any help would be fantastic, both this and the spell have been scratching my brain for a while.
    Last edited by Davenukem; 04-29-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Auto-merged Doublepost

Naravus's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spells are pretty much changed exactly the same way as other .m2s, except most spells lack a seperate .blp file.
    For your base and impact questions, you dont need to change all of it to work, but you do if you want it to look like a complete change. I've mixed and matched several different spell parts to create custom things which look a lot better.

Davenukem's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alrighty, Fault (or anybody else qualified) this one goes out to you. I figured out how to change my pet to a furblog but i was incapable of keeping the furblog with its shoulderpads and so forth. This is because there is one blp for my pet (an ashmane boar) and two blps for the panda furblog (so adorable). DBC editing seems the only way to do this but i truthfully have NO idea on where to begin with this. There is a DBC editing guide that i attempted to branch off of but its rather out of date and i cant seem to find the files could anybody just tell me where the files for the DBC editing are. With that i should be able to figure the rest out ty!