0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[ModelSwap][Reskin] Belf Models with Nelf Skins

A couple of weeks ago i posted a project of mine that was basically changing the models of Nelf to Belfs, but maintaining the theme.. This happened to me by mistake at first, when i tried my first race swap, but i kind'a liked the feel to it, so i started working on it so i could make it "bug" free".. here's what came of it

Because of some subtleties i didnt get at first, i decided to make a couple of different versions...

1 - Only female model and hairstyles changed, Skin and Hair colors are still nightelf, so are the face markings. (This will make the NiF look smaller than NiM, and NiM hairs will be bugged if you didnt touch the DBC Files) - works best when together with no.2

NiF

2 - Only male model and hairstyles changed, Skin and Hair colors are still nightelf, so are the beard styles. (This will make the NiM look smaller than NiF, and NiF hairs will be bugged if you didnt touch the DBC Files) - works best when together with no. 1

NiM

As far as i know.. if you use 1 and 2 together.. there will be no bugs whatsoever... but if you find any i'll be happy to look into the issue
    __
    3 - Only female model and hairstyles changed, Skin and Hair colors are still nightelf, so are the face markings. The model is taller (thank you loads Glitchy for your awesome program) so it looks as tall as NiM, but Helm will sometimes be too small for it, weapons and shoulders are also smaller than they should, but this doesnt stand out, because the BeF model is so slim and frail. DBC files for NiM Hairstyles are fixed, so you'll get the normal NiM model with the BeF model for your nightelf females - no bugs in hairstyles.
    If you use portraits you'll see the chest of the NiF instead of her face.. if its your thing, go ahead :P

NiM Fixed

I hope this is a clear enough description, feel free to give feedback, or suggestions for improvement, or maybe even other theme converstions that would be neat...

Also, i hope this is not a repost, i did all the editing myself, so it would be rather frustrating to have the exact same thing out there already
    Last edited by ahd; 06-17-2008 at 10:46 AM.

[ModelSwap][Reskin] Belf Models with Nelf Skins
    Gihelle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nartan's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It cant be a Repost lol. He made it by him self

Gihelle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nartan View Post
    It cant be a Repost lol. He made it by him self
    Still has been done before.

ahd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame.. but true.. though it wasnt when i first posted the idea in february

Still.. i did the whole reskin instead of using the old skins, so facial features, and musculature are in accordance to the Belf model, nothing of that ugly face in Nelf models, something i also got at first..

shame anyway that someone released it first.. ty for the ehads up

Phalk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a similar patch a while ago, take a look if you want.
    I gave up on the face skinning btw. I just made two of them because they were so sucky to match the color, haha.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...elf-model.html

Nice work btw, and yeah, I made it inspired by your post in february.

I hope you can release your version, because I wont release mine anymore.
    If we can work together to have a nice version of it it would be way better than two "incomplete" ones. =]
    By the way, take a look at my hair coloring, I think it matches a little more to the facial hair than yours.

Last edit: +rep
    Last edited by Phalk; 06-17-2008 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know what you mean phalk.. doing the faces was HELL... but i had it pending for so long that i wanted to finish it.. just stubborn i guess :P.. well.. good to know that someone else took up the challenge though didnt mean to repost something like your work though.. really didnt see yours at first... well.. anyway.. 2 similar works out there... not the end of the world

i might try doing the reverse as someone suggested... changing the belfs to the nelf model..

Phalk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, ahd, in your taller version, do the unitframes show the faces properly?
    Mine show the chest instead of the face, because of the increased size. :/

Edit: And please, dont give up on your release. :| It's way better than mine. I'll link your thread on mine. =]
    Last edited by Phalk; 06-17-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh crap... yeah.. the enlarged model also has that bug.. it shows the chest in the portrait.. i hadnt noticed because i dont use portraits in my ui... no clue how to fix it.. but i'll snoop around
    ty for the heads up

hinatadobe's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah it's a repost but it's a better repost (sorry Phalk). So I'm giving you my rep for your hard work and taking the time to improve a repost patch lol.

wooow's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ahd View Post
    oh crap... yeah.. the enlarged model also has that bug.. it shows the chest in the portrait.. i hadnt noticed because i dont use portraits in my ui... no clue how to fix it.. but i'll snoop around
    ty for the heads up
    If you change the model size in CreatureDisplayInfo (theres a guide how to somewhere) then it will work and your mounts will match the size aswell as everything other.. hope it helps

added +2rep for the nice work
    Last edited by wooow; 06-18-2008 at 05:31 AM.

Amonra's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a very beatuful edit, i asked for a belf model with nelf ears, it would be great with this pack.