0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Tip] Raid Resto Shaman Build

Howdy o' folks; just looking around and thinking to myself... where is the love for the shamans?
    I mean we heal you, dps for you, buff you...

Alright, I have noticed people using decent builds for their resto shaman, for them just entering
    the world of PvE, of course this build is awesome a PvP resto shaman, but it is a primary for PvE.

(Also, it is used by some Restoration shamans in Nihilum, not giving out names though)

WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Shaman -> Talent Calculator

My Character (I just respec'ed from Enchancement to Restoration, so I lost all of my gear ):

The World of Warcraft Armory

How to use this build:

Set Level:
    Current: 70

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Points Spent: 61

Elemental 0
    Enhancement: 5
    Restoration: 56

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Elemental Talents (0 points)

None

Enhancement Talents (5 points)

Ancestral Knowledge (5/5)
    - Increases your maximum Mana by 5%.

An obvious; because of increased mana, you can last longer in a fight.

Restoration Talents (56 points)

Improved Healing Wave (5/5)

- Reduces the casting time of your Healing Wave spell by 0.5 seconds

The faster you heal, the more efficient you can be in a raid, where it's up to you to heal the Main tank.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tidal Focus (5/5)
    - Reduces the Mana cost of your healing spells by 5%.

When you heal, you use mana; the good thing is to heal, but take up less mana; for some bosses
    actually like Kazzak, there is a debuff where you must be above 40% mana or you die, and heal him.
    When you use less mana per heal, you last longer thus increasing your efficiency.

Improved Reincarnation (2/2)
    - Reduces the cooldown of your Reincarnation spell by 20 minutes and increases the amount of
    health and mana you reincarnate with by an additional 20 %.

Reincarnation can be a perfect skill for long raids, where you die; and a druid has no Battle Resurrection
    for you.

Ancestral Healing (3/3)
    - Increases your target's armor value from items by 25% for 15 seconds after getting a
    critical effect from one of your healing spells.

Perfect for long raid battles, where staying alive is key, if you have a shield like me, you
    can get 7.5k - 9k armor easy, which means you can take less damage.

Totemic Focus (5/5)
    - Reduces the Mana cost of your totems by 25%.

Totems are a raids, and shamans best friend; you will always use them in a raid, why not
    make it cost less mana?

Healing Focus (5/5)
    - Gives you a 70 % chance to avoid interruption caused by damage while casting any healing
    spell.

Perfect for bosses who frequently AoE, when they AoE they can interrupt or delay you casting
    of a heal, this can be bad for your MT or raid, depending who you are prioritized to heal.

Totemic Mastery (1/1)

- The radius of your totems that affect friendly targets is increased to 30 yards.

Instead of recasting all the time to get your totems in range of your party, this enables them
    to get them in range without having to recast all the time, great for a large instance like
    Mag's lair, which requires your group to move during the early phases.

Healing Grace (3/3)
    - Reduces the threat generated by your healing spells by 15%.

This helps you to cast large, and frequent heals without pulling agro of a monster, which in
    return makes you more efficient.

Restorative Totems (5/5)
    - Increases the effect of your Mana Spring and Healing Stream Totems by 25%.

Mana Spring totems are the best option for a prolonged raid, it increases you mana regen
    even more with this effect.

Tidal Mastery (5/5)
    - Increases the critical effect chance of your healing and lightning spells by 5%.

This ties into the Ancestral Healing ability, higher crit chance means you may heal less, but
    are able to heal for more, increasing your efficiency.

Healing Way (3/3)

- Your Healing Wave spells have a 100% chance to increase the effect of subsequent Healing
    Wave spells on that target by 6% for 15 sec. This effect will stack up to 3 times.

Great for when you are healing the Main or Off Tank in a raid, increases your ability to heal
    for more, but don not have to heal as much, thus increasing your mana efficiency.

Nature's Swiftness (1/1)
    - Instant cast
    3 minute cooldown

When activated, your next Nature spell with a casting time less than 10 seconds becomes
    an instant cast spell.

When the tank all of a sudden gets a huge critical blow to its health, this is perfect for
    a rescue heal. this is also great when you get extremely low on health, but the MT has a
    stable amount of health, thus your able to save yourself.

Focused Mind (1/3)
    - Reduces the duration of any Silence or Interrupt effects used against the Shaman by 5%.
    This effect does not stack with other similar effects.

Perfect for bosses that silence, you are able to get back to healing quicker.

Purification (5/5)
    - Increases the effectiveness of your healing spells by 10%.

Like it says, you become more efficient at healing, which makes you a top pick for future raids.

Mana Tide Totem (1/1)

- 83 Mana
    Instant cast
    5 minute cooldown
    Tools: Water Totem

Summons a Mana Tide Totem with 5 health at the feet of the caster for 12 seconds that
    restores 6% of total mana every 3 seconds to group members within 20 yards.

Excellent for when you run out of mana, and you need that extra 2-5k mana, this is one of
    the best trump cards for a restoration shaman, who has exhausted its other resources.

Nature's Blessing (3/3)
    - Increases your spell damage and healing by an amount equal to 30% of your intellect.

Excellent for boosting your Healing for high intellect players.

Improved Chain Heal (2/2)

- Increases the amount healed by your Chain Heal spell by 20%.

Chain heal is great when you have your group or Main/Off tank is close quarters of each other
    so its best to heal them all when they are on low HP, so why not make it heal for more?

Earth Shield (1/1)
    - 600 Mana
    Instant cast
    40 yd range

Protects the target with an earthen shield, giving a 30% chance of ignoring spell interruption
    when damaged and causing melee attacks to heal the shielded target for 150. This effect can
    only occur every few seconds. 10 charges. This shield can only be placed on one target at a time.

Great to cast on the Main Tank, during the final few percent of a boss, or during AoE boss battles
    to cast on yourself to keep yourself alive.

============================================

Hope this helps! Any questions of suggestions can be posted here. Thanks, have fun and
    keep on healing!

- Xzodus
    Last edited by Xzodus; 02-25-2008 at 10:10 PM.

When you give to the community, I +rep; when I give, please +rep

[Tip] Raid Resto Shaman Build
    Ferag's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a forum for this. Although you did write a guide about it, not really a guide, more of an in-depth description about it. Go to the talent forums.

Xzodus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by The Will Man View Post
    There is a forum for this. Although you did write a guide about it, not really a guide, more of an in-depth description about it. Go to the talent forums.
    Thanks will do

When you give to the community, I +rep; when I give, please +rep

tb1080's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's the average spec nowadays. But improved reincarnation is rather worthless even if you do fail. It's only once in a blue moon where I find my self having to reincarnate during a raid.

Xcenon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tb1080 View Post
    Yeah, that's the average spec nowadays. But improved reincarnation is rather worthless even if you do fail. It's only once in a blue moon where I find my self having to reincarnate during a raid.
    Reincarnation is preeetty usefull for example in Azgoral in Mount Hyjal, incase if you get the doom debuff and die. It saved 1xSoulstone/Druid ress for someone else without ankhing ability.

But yeah, the spec should be all about staying alive, not dying.

And heh, I have exactly the same spec as is titled in this thread.
    Last edited by Xcenon; 03-01-2008 at 11:08 PM.