0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faction to Faction - Moving Gold

If you are like me, you have 2 accounts with 2 factions on the same server. Ocassionally one of my characters is starved for gold, but paying the 15% goblin AH fee and not being able to transfer all your gold because of hefty deposits make it extremely hard and frustrating. When I wanted to buy my paladin an epic flyer, it would not only cost me 5200gold for the damned thing, but id also need to pay another 1000g in taxes! I found a solution that I have been using until this day, saving me thousands of gold.

The First problem- 15% AH cut is brutal, but you can avoid this completely. Depending on the amount of gold you need, you can buy an item and sell it for 1copper(duh). However, the higher the amount of gold you need, the more easily you can swamp the factions market generally lowering the price of the item making doing this method essentially useless (and sometimes it makes it worse!). When dealing with large numbers, its very important to deal with an extremely popular commodity; ore, gems, netherweave, enchanting mats, rep items, etc.

Dealing with these commoditys may take a couple days to sell (try not to sell too much at one time to avoid swamping), but for 2-5minutes/every 2 days work, it can potentially save you thousands (yay me!).

The second problem- Deposit Fees are annoying when you're strapped for cash and you want to transfer as much as possible. However, the trick I use to avoid this is to deal in commodities with EXTREMELY low deposits. The 2 best by far are rep items (aldor/scryer etc.) and enchanting mats. Both easy to sell in large numbers, both with miniscule deposit fees. If you cant get enough of these items, gems are another good option.

If you can avoid it, try not to use ore/leather and ESPECIALLY not netherweave.

I hope you enjoyed my short guide, and I hope it helps you as much as it helped me!

Faction to Faction - Moving Gold
    Cenimap's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "You cannot bid your own auction".

Xerian's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bluter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Cenimap View Post
    "You cannot bid your own auction".
    Originally Posted by bungay99 View Post
    If you are like me, you have 2 accounts with 2 factions on the same server.
    hm...

You must buy the stuff that sells for (much) more on the other side - even ores or leather MAY do so. Herbs are my favourites since I make at least +10 Gold with each stack. This way of transferring (and making) gold works much better from Alliance to Horde since the stuff usually sells for more on horde side.

Mekks's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh yea, watch out for those snipers :P