Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A rogues/disc priest way up to 1850 rating, 2v2 guide.

Greetings all. Starting S3 it was a pain in the ass to grind up to 1850, to get my weapons, and after the 300 matches i played i learned alot of to do's and dont do's. So i tought i could help out some rogues here that are still stuck on 1500-1850 and want to get their S3 weapons.

First off : Your Spec.
    Playing with a Disc priest means Either go Mutilate, or Go 16/45/0 Full combat.
    ( 0/31/30 still works, but i would suggest you take one of the above ).
    Dont go shadowstep since you need to tank 1v1 often and not chase people around.

mutilate : 53/0/8 or 41/20/0 is the best way to go.
    Combat : 15/46/0 variants or 20/41/0 is the best substained dps possible in arena. and it has great survivability vs other rogues and warriors.

The priest is Disc ofc.

Second : Your Gear.
    As mutilate you always need to have as much crit as possible even if some AP suffers from it.

The most common line to strafe to would be 1500+ AP, 32% crit and around 350 resil.

Also use a slow MH and a slow OH dagger. 2x 1.8 like the gladiator shankers would be perfect till you get youre hands on the shiny S3 Mutilator.

For combat rogues, Maces would be youre weapon choice for the stuns and high top damage. Gladiator Maces MH and OH is a good start, upgrading if needed to merciless.

Your goal is to reach around 1700+ Ap, 26+ crit and 350 resil+. Since youre attacks have lower energy cost and dont rely on the big crits, youre AP should be at max and youre crit should suffer a little from it. no worries. thats a must.

The basic strategy vs every common combo : Give fearward to the rogue. Thats because if this not happens you will get feared and lose controll of interupts. You wont go down fast anyway with evasion and CoS so the priest getting feared isnt that big of a problem.

The combo's :

Druid/warrior : The oh so feared druid/warrior combo isnt that hard as it seems as soon as you know what to do. Basicly you 1v1 with the warrior while the priest keeps you up. When combat specced this fight is alot easier since you can stun the warrior a lot so the priest has time to manaburn easier and spare mana on you. While you fight the warrior, the priest will have to keep you up and manaburn the druid. Make sure youre priest dispells all his HOTs. this is very important. When the druid is OOM just keep repeating, and take the warrior down. be sure to not let the druid drink tough, it would be wise to put the shadowfiend on him if possible.

Druid/lock : 1 word, take down his pet. asap. So he will summon a new one, just take it down again and start take that warlock down, chase him around everywhere. intercept his fears, nuke him down while the priest mana burns the druid and dispell his HOTs. When the pet of the lock is down youre priests life is so so much easier without getting interrupts 24/7.

Rogue/Mage : Youre Counter. The Rogue/Mage combo. this combo annoys me a lot and made me lose hundreds of rating. Specially when youre combat this fight is hell. Since you got to kill the mage , else he will sheep you or youre priest and the fight is over, very very quick. I would say start off with a garotte on the mage dps him down till he iceblocks, by now the rogue has popped up, throw a blind on him he will most likely trinket, then let youre priest fear, dispell the mage's iceblock and nuke him down. the mage would prolly try and kite you around, but simply let youre priest dispell you. even when played perfect its still a pain in the ass combo to fight.

Paladin/lock : Kill the locks pet, Nuke him down and interrupt as many as possible and put youre priest shadowfiend on him to avoid quick fears and drains. Let youre priest manaburn the paladin. I consider this as an easy win.

Paladin/Warrior : Same as druid/warrior, but then even easier. Tank the warrior 1 on 1, let the priest mana drain. nothing more then this to do. When the priest cant catch up with the paladin to drain and hes kiting just blind him quick so the priest gets a free manadrain. Free points.

Warrior/Shaman : let youre priest use rank 1 smites on the shamans totems, open on the warrior and make sure the Windfury totem is down. else you can get in some trouble sometimes. Just tank and spank the warrior while the priest does his useall manadraining. Free points.

Rogue/Shadowpriest : Take the one with the fearward. If the SP has it go for him, if the rogue has go for him then. Basicly you nuke one of them down, pop in a fear so the one without fearwards gets CC, then when fear is over throw in a blind, contineu nuking down the other one, vanish/sap the CC one and take him down. Shouldnt be that hard, but on the otherhand. there can be a problem when these rogue/sp are undeads. thats a battle of racials and will be lost by the alliance.

Rogue/Disc Mirror : Drain battle, nothing else i can say. Try and do as much damage to the rogue so the priest has to focus on him and cant manadrain and get drained himself. throw ina blind on the rogue and go take down the priest a little. so he needs to use his last mana. or throw a blind on the priest and take down the rogue if hes low.

Lock/SP : Not seen so much anymore as in S1/S2 but still around so ill add it. Take down the Lock and manadrain the SP. they have no chance since the disc will instant drain the SP in a matter of seconds, and youre on the lock nuking and interupting. i have never lost to this setup so ill call it free points also.

Priest/Hunter : Another counter for you. They will kite you around with frost traps and will manadrain youre priest very very fast with manadrain and vipersting. I have a hard time fighting this setup but the best thing you can do it before you start take down his pet and keep pushing the hunter around, just chase him dps him down, let youre priest mana burn him instead of the priest. this will buy youre priest time to quickly take a drink and get back in the battle. nothing more you can do imo.

Druid/Hunter : Hunter will vipersting youre priest, kite you around, while youre rooted, frozen, Cycloned, and scattered. i would take down his pet if i can. and then let the priest drain the druid and try and take down the hunter. its hard, but thats basicly every team with a hunter or a mage for you.

hunter/rogue : not many of these are seen but we met 3-4 this week, rare ocasion but still. Take down the rogue , let youre priest drain the hunter. best way we came up with. we won 4-0 so it cant be that hard.

Druid/Rogue : see warrior/druid. same tacts, 1v1, drain him and dispell hots.
    this is a easier fight however.

Disc priest/war : To easy, just to easy. Most likely the war will be stunned, nuked whole fight and the priest will go oom before yours does.

Shaman/lock : take down his pet. Let youre priest take the totems. and Dispell his heroism right away. Youre going to be on the lock nuking him down, interupting his casts and let youre priest drain. not so hard.

_________

If anyone has comments or extra combo's tactics he want to add, just leave a comment or mail me and i can add it if it's good.

I hope this will help you rogues get youre S3 weapons.

Enjoy.

A rogues/disc priest way up to 1850 rating, 2v2 guide.
    Keisari's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicely written guide, +1 rep.

pewpewlazerz's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    4/6
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have been looking for something like this <3 +rep

raffe's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide there, +2 rep. Hope you could come up with a frost mage + rogue, guide too.
    My mother didn't understand the irony, in calling me 'son of a bitch'. :

TforTyranth's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by raffe View Post
    Nice guide there, +2 rep. Hope you could come up with a frost mage + rogue, guide too.
    hmm im playing with a frost mage atm ye, so i can update it soon. need some time tough. ty for the rep

Zacred's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like +rep

Orithimar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might have to spec Disc for a while to get the Oh so imba Vengeful dagger for my Spriest, nice guide GJ

Memphiz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Might as well give my input in on this one.
    as a druid in a 2150 2's with a warrior, let me tell you that what we do against this combo is i cyclone/cyclone/warstomp/cyclone/feral charge the Rogue while the warrior beats down the priest. i know its not the most efficient strat and sometimes we cant get the priest down fast enough, but it is a deadly combo. while my first cyclone is up, i insect swarm the priest to max DPS, and try to just DPS down the priest fast. just a bit of insight on how we do it, so you can think on how to counteract it.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Memphiz View Post
    I Might as well give my input in on this one.
    as a druid in a 2150 2's with a warrior, let me tell you that what we do against this combo is i cyclone/cyclone/warstomp/cyclone/feral charge the Rogue while the warrior beats down the priest. i know its not the most efficient strat and sometimes we cant get the priest down fast enough, but it is a deadly combo. while my first cyclone is up, i insect swarm the priest to max DPS, and try to just DPS down the priest fast. just a bit of insight on how we do it, so you can think on how to counteract it.
    true i have seen some that did that to me , but as a rogue pov you got no option then to tank war 1 on 1. and ctaching up with a war is really easy if he goes after priest.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Orithimar View Post
    I might have to spec Disc for a while to get the Oh so imba Vengeful dagger for my Spriest, nice guide GJ
    thats what me and my m8 did, he specced disc to get 1900, and after that we play rogue/shadow because the combo's most seen at 1900+ are all very easy for shadow. keep that in mind.

Druid/war , Druid/lock, Lock/rogue, Mirror, Disc/lock

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TforTyranth View Post
    true i have seen some that did that to me , but as a rogue pov you got no option then to tank war 1 on 1. and ctaching up with a war is really easy if he goes after priest.
    hmm im shadowstep atm to check it out, and chasing the druid isnt so bad here, its really nice actually so that would be the counter to a LOS kiting druid.

"Trade with the best, Get scammed like the rest"

lomin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide, thank you
    +rep

Jekuli's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could u give link to builds?

darbdavys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JimmyJimJim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Druid/warrior : The oh so feared druid/warrior combo isnt that hard as it seems as soon as you know what to do. Basicly you 1v1 with the warrior while the priest keeps you up. When combat specced this fight is alot easier since you can stun the warrior a lot so the priest has time to manaburn easier and spare mana on you. While you fight the warrior, the priest will have to keep you up and manaburn the druid. Make sure youre priest dispells all his HOTs. this is very important. When the druid is OOM just keep repeating, and take the warrior down. be sure to not let the druid drink tough, it would be wise to put the shadowfiend on him if possible."

Wrong I play a druid and we have absolutley no problem with priest/rogue. My warrior owns the priest I CC rogue and simply LOS his attempts at Mana burns easy win for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast