Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] How to get your scammed account back

Oops!

Your account just got scammed, they sharded your epix, and got you banned.

Simply tell them that your account was phished - not that your account was scammed while you were attempting to rent it out/sell it.

Here's the general format of an email that will get you your stuff back:
    (Make sure to mention that you're upset, and would love to keep playing! Blizzard will do anything to keep you paying.)

Code:
    SUBJECT: Account Phished
    Hello,

I believe that my account (######) has been phished by a fake login site.

I attempted to log on the other day, only to find out that my main character (lvl 70 troll warrior named ######) had been transferred to another server without my permission. Also, the billing and payment plans had been changed withion my permission - I guess that is a little bit better than having an unwanted person playing my account and spending my money to do so.

I then attempted to log on today, and found out that my account had been temporarily closed for 72 hours for "exploitation of the World of Warcraft economy."

I'm very upset and I don't know what to do about this. I'd like to change my password as soon as possible so that this website cannot access my account anymore.

Thanks,
    Trey ####
    IN RESPONSE:

Code:
    Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the World of Warcraft account you are using.  We understand your point of view and have thoroughly reviewed this issue.  As a result, the account action has been removed from the account and all involved parties have been addressed.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions or concerns you may have.  Thank you for your time and patience in this matter and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,
    #########
    Account Administration
    Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard will permanently ban your account for selling/trading, and they won't lift the ban that they've placed if you tell them that your friend used the account - but they're quite generous about phishing sites!

- Treyska

[Guide] How to get your scammed account back
    cigaro14's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i told them that and now my account is on hold, its been like that for a week and they asked me to send them some info on my account which i did already. So im hoping they give me my account back. I hear some stories where blizzard will give you your stolen items back if you pay money or something like that.

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, not for money, the GMs are doing that, it's their job to retrieve the items for you, altho that said a IGM to me.

It's nice and all, but are you playing EU or US? Right now my account got scammed and the only thing when I call them, email them or speak them ingame (GM) , they all say that I need to fill in their webform with my ID, sq/a etc, and it takes 6-8 days to respond(mine situation) , got their response and then they are asking AGAIN for the ID and all and the response is taking 3 days and counting right now...

Altho in my situation I told them I was key logged, and I did't actually wrote things like I'm very upset etc, but o well, after their response I wrote things like that I find it disappointed that they are taking so long, blablabla, all that things, now I need to wait again for their long response...

Otherwise, it's a nice guide for retrieving your scammed account back if something happens like a transfer etc, till now, the scammer didnt transfered my character even tho the pct is up, but o well.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.