Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very profitable secret farming technique, Heart of Fear (rogue preferred)

I've been working on this farm for some months.There are a couple of exploits which make this profitable farm arguably the best farming spot in the whole of wow at the moment.

Essentially what you do is switch between burst of speed for movement efficiency and shadow step to bypass portals, thereby allowing you to access three levels of trash where the ordinary player only has access to one. This means you can farm the place more or less indefinitely as you don't have to worry about instance lockout. Also, to avoid having back to the start every time you finish a run, I've also explained how to use proving grounds to port to the start of this and other raids instantly.

Even on my crappy half-dead server I can make 6485G per hour entirely from vendors and items which sell almost instantaneously. That's about three times more than anything else I could do to grind gold in my situation.

If you inhabit a high population server, you can do a LOT better. For example, patterns from HOF drop regularly which commonly sell for 1K+ a time on other realms. 15K per hour seemed like a reasonable estimate.

Disclaimer: Ten runs an hour isn't trivial with this much trash to farm. It will some practice and a decent ilvl to do it fast enough, it is something of a challenge.

I do this on 10-man. Mythic raiders who want an insane test of their skills might be interested in trying it on 25-man, the gold would be fantastic I would imagine.

(I'm on record as having issues with the concept of Looted Item Value. If I used to LIV to assess the value of this farm it would probably be 100K+ per hour, but I don't believe that method of analysis is practical for most people so I haven't used any inflated numbers.)
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

Very profitable secret farming technique, Heart of Fear (rogue preferred)
  2. Thanks phantom325, IGG, HollowHD, iMigu (4 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    Gratax's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/18
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked great on 25m Heroic with my Prot Paladin with the class trinket!

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gratax View Post
    Wow, you are hardcore. I didn't know that even possible.

You know the loot on heroic is the same as normal 25-man?

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gratax View Post
    How are you bypassing the portals as a pally? Or are you just clearing the first level and then resetting?

Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the credit in the video and description Appreciate it!
    Last edited by Hazzbazzy; 03-30-2016 at 12:46 PM.
    "HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also gonna check this out when I get home. burst of speed is good, but windwalker speed is comparative depending on specout. =)

Originally Posted by Crysto View Post
    How are you bypassing the portals as a pally? Or are you just clearing the first level and then resetting?
    Also want to know this. can you elaborate your method?

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Also gonna check this out when I get home. burst of speed is good, but windwalker speed is comparative depending on specout. =)

Also want to know this. can you elaborate your method?
    I'm curious also.

The methods I know apart from shadowstep would be:

1) Get another rogue in the door and swapblast a player through. Or just pull a ton of mobs back through the portal.
    2) Use hazzbazzy's seesaw method with two players.
    3) Use swapblaster with two toons on the same account. Leave one by the door in combat, log-out, log-in on another toon, swapblaster that should get yuu through.
    4) Shadowpriest can mindcontrol a mob through the door and aggro mobs on the other side back through the door. Never seen this method used before.
    5) A dk can in theory can raise his ghoul on the other side of the door and aggro mobs on the other side, then pull them back through the door. A bit impractical because the ghoul spawns randomly.
    6) Mind contol cap can use the same technique as sspriest. Impractical because of the long cooldown on the device and chance of misfire.
    7) Get outside the instance entrance and back inside somehow. Some explorers have got outside the instance but I know of no way back in, even if it is possible it probably isn't efficient.

I could not make eye of kilrogg, blink, druid leap, darkmoon or other chairs work. This is not to say it is impossible, I know explorers who can do things with these items I cannot.

9. Thanks tenaciouzd (1 members gave Thanks to advanta for this useful post)
    tenaciouzd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/6
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I saw you say you had 707 ilvl as rogue, so i tested on my 747 bis mythic warrior on just the first part on 25m, got locked out within 2 potions ~40 mins, fairly certain i could get the 10 lockouts down to 1 potion. But none the less for 10x first boss trash i got 2k raw gold from loots/plunder/selling greens 11x lockbox that i would say average 30g in loot gold plus more greens to vendor, 14 spirits(142 motes), 3 epic plans, and 1/2 stack of each of the 5 gathering goods. So needless to say if you are well geared pretty damn amazing even if you can only do the first part, and if you well geared as well as being a rogue, gg. Nice find, thx for sharing, this now just makes me wish i had a geared to the teeth rogue. I was always think Firelands was best for trash farm but this blows that out of the water. Plus you got a good ole vendor inside the proving grounds so no repair mount/jeeves required. Thanks again!

11. Thanks advanta (1 members gave Thanks to tenaciouzd for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tenaciouzd View Post
    So I saw you say you had 707 ilvl as rogue, so i tested on my 747 bis mythic warrior on just the first part on 25m, got locked out within 2 potions ~40 mins, fairly certain i could get the 10 lockouts down to 1 potion. But none the less for 10x first boss trash i got 2k raw gold from loots/plunder/selling greens 11x lockbox that i would say average 30g in loot gold plus more greens to vendor, 14 spirits(142 motes), 3 epic plans, and 1/2 stack of each of the 5 gathering goods. So needless to say if you are well geared pretty damn amazing even if you can only do the first part, and if you well geared as well as being a rogue, gg. Nice find, thx for sharing, this now just makes me wish i had a geared to the teeth rogue. I was always think Firelands was best for trash farm but this blows that out of the water. Plus you got a good ole vendor inside the proving grounds so no repair mount/jeeves required. Thanks again!
    Thanks for that, the data is really useful. I didn't know tanks could farm 25m that fast.

If you have a 100 alt you might try positioning them in the door to the second area, alt-f4, log onto warrior and swapblasting through.

Also I hadn't even thought about repairs, another reason to use the proving grounds trick.

Kind of excited to see how much we can push this.

bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did u get your numbers by vendoring your greens or selling them via AH?

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bboystyle82 View Post
    did u get your numbers by vendoring your greens or selling them via AH?
    As I stated in the video, greens were vendored.

I've tried vendoring stuff before. The greens don't sell on my low pop server. The purples do eventually but not right away.
    The patterns sell eventually but not right away. I did not include these sales in the 6485G per hour number.

I DID include the ah sales from trillium and spirits of harmony. If you can sell these quickly on a low pop server you must
    be able to sell them quickly on every server.

I did not include sales of exotic leather. That isn't even worth vendoring IMHO.

I'd be interested to know if people on high pop servers can sell the greens, patterns and purples in a reasonable timeframe.

If you use the LIV metric many youtubers use, the average sale price of items across all AH servers, you'd get a silly number.
    100K at least, maybe 200K. You'd need a high pop server and some good add-ons to make that work if it is in fact possible.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im still waiting to hear how an hpally got through the portals

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

nndmt7's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend already showed me this, seems profitable when it comes to farming raw golds. Thanks for the share anyways.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nndmt7 View Post
    A friend already showed me this, seems profitable when it comes to farming raw golds. Thanks for the share anyways.
    The location itself isn't a new find. Asmongold and various other people have covered it. However the way they do it you can just get one level of trash.

I must emphasize with the rogue method you get 3 levels of trash. Doing it the tradtional way your hourly profits are only a third of that, it is a big difference ie 300% more gold.

Also, exiting to the proving grounds is noticeably faster than walking out.

Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bumping this because I wasn't aware of this and it is kind of a BIG deal:

If you zone to the proving grounds and start a trial, then leave just as the countdown starts, you'll reset your major cooldowns eg timewarp, summon infernal, stampede. This should greatly increase your dps and speed when farming Heart of Fear (or anywhere else for that matter).
    Last edited by advanta; 04-08-2016 at 02:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast