Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have level a mage from 1 to 90 in 2days and 6 hours so I think this way is really quick

Leveling from 85 to 90 on Timeless Isle - 10-25M xp per hour - solo
    Meumenino's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    whats the best spec for an hunter?

rofle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Meumenino View Post
    whats the best spec for an hunter?
    Survival because of the Multi-shot appling serpert string.

Touzoku's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked rly well with a Ele Shaman. Was some1 with a Rogue successfully? (Maybe with Lifeleech Poison?)

+Rep

Huntzafro's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody able to get this with a warlock?

Crysto's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    89-90 I was getting 20 mil/hr non rested as an ele shammy. During swarmer downtime I was aoe'ing the turtles groups.

My realm is very populated so I using CRZ to an empty server. Went from 86-90 without getting ganked once.

Those timeless buffs plus the 3 usable consumables really helped speed up the exp/hr.

rinleez's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crysto View Post
    89-90 I was getting 20 mil/hr non rested as an ele shammy. During swarmer downtime I was aoe'ing the turtles groups.

My realm is very populated so I using CRZ to an empty server. Went from 86-90 without getting ganked once.

Those timeless buffs plus the 3 usable consumables really helped speed up the exp/hr.
    Wait, that's more than 4 hours to hit 90 from 89, right?

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried this on my 87 Rogue, wasn't able for it. Highly discourage this method without a strong aoe solo class.

gooey's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an update. These are the easiest classes to aoe grind swarmers.

#1 Elemental shaman is incredibly easy. Chain lightning (glyphed) + spirit walk = win. You just spam chain lightning while moving and the mobs die super fast when things proc.

#2 Destro Warlock is second fastest. Use RoF to build embers then activate FnB. Then spam incinerate and throw some conflagrate and immolate into the mix when you have embers. Pet isn't much help and you shouldn't be using one anyway if you are talented right.

#3 Survival Hunter is nearly as good as warlock. Spam multi-shot and regen focus with cobra shot. Drop traps to slow adds and if talented use binding shot. Pet is good for cleaning up adds with low health.

#4 Frost Mage is very close to warlock. Use Ice Lance (glyphed) with pet frost nova and you will clean things up quickly. Use frozen orb to proc fingers of frost and spam more ice lance. Blizzard isn't really worth using unless you frost nova the entire pack of swarmers together.

#5 Frost DK is just spamming howling blast. The damage is decent but the problem is waiting for runes to regenerate. With full runic power just throw death coils on the swarmers for extra damage. Frost DK just pulls ahead of rogue because there is no need to go in range and run out. Damage is about the same.

#6 Assassination Rogue is a very viable option. I tested this with an item level 379 rogue - terrible gear (147k hp), no enchants, and no buffs. The strat is run in to center of mobs > FoK > let them start casting poison > then run out of range > Crimson Tempest at 4/5 combo points > repeat. The main damage to them is actually your deadly and instant poison, not FoK or Crimson Tempest. FoK and Crimson Tempest are just for using those combo points and speeding it up a bit quicker if you have bad gear. Use Deadly and Mind-Numbing Poison to slow the casting of the swarmer poison. I only got hit by poison a few times and it didn't even come close to killing me. The only real reason I got hit at all is because I tested this on a god awful laggy laptop.

#7 Shadow Priest is just too inefficient. Mind Sear is very poor aoe dps even in good gear. I didn't die once, but it was a lot of kiting. You mind sear, then wait until the swarmers start casting poison, then run away. You could dot up each individual swarmer with Shadow Word Pain but it's still slow.

#8 Brewmaster Monk is crap. Not sure why the OP was impressed at doing this with his monk. My BM monk was geared with MoP greens and dungeon blues. Strat was to Keg Smash > Crane Kick > Breath of Fire (glyphed), and use what defensive cooldowns I had. Basically do as much dps as you can before you have to roll out, detox, and heal. The only reason I rank monk ahead of druid is because you can heal yourself up easier and don't have to switch forms. Damage is very poor.

#9 Feral DPS Druid is very bad. Basically get in the middle of the adds and thrash and swipe. Then you have to kite them. When you get poison on you, switch forms, cleanse it, switch back and run in to thrash again. This may be slightly faster than questing if you are rested but you really have to get this down right or you will die a lot.

#10 Ret Paladin is even worse than druid. Basically the best strat I found is sacred shield (if talented) > exorcism > judgement > crusader strike. You should have 3 charges of holy power, then you do divine storm. You to kite repeating this and cleansing the poison every time.

---

I already leveled my warrior through quests so I cannot test him. I have seen a few prot warriors do it successfully, albeit slow. I have seen many arms and fury warriors fail attempting this. Prot speccing second wind is the best choice if you want to try.
    Last edited by gooey; 01-10-2014 at 11:08 PM. Reason: tested more classes & specs

lyccay0's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did this with my Hunter 2 Month ago, 85-90 in 5~ Hours

tried it today with my 86 prot war and couldnt to it effiecently, maybe go back on 88

supremejd's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crysto View Post

How are you CRZ'ing this? When I tried to CRZ it, I am kicked out of the game and can't log back in until I disable the rule. Currently level 88.

Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by supremejd View Post
    How are you CRZ'ing this? When I tried to CRZ it, I am kicked out of the game and can't log back in until I disable the rule. Currently level 88.
    I think you're assuming I'm exploiting CRZ. I shouldn't have said empty server, I meant low pop server. Timeless was pretty much empty when I was farming there. Only 4 people in timeless is empty in my books

Quite simple really. Find a low pop server and create a new character on said server.

/who timeless isle

Step 1. Find someone willing to help you out on timeless isle.

Step 2. Get that person to accept your b.net friend inv.

Step 3. Log on your 85-89 character in timeless isle and get your new friend to inv you to group.

Step 4. Ensure they don't drop group or leave timeless. (still works if they're offline so they do all of this on their alt and still play on their main)

This farming method is literally impossible on a high pop server. There's 10+ people trying to level the same way and multiple blood coin gankers looking for easy kills.

It sucks that Oceanic can only CRZ with other Oceanic servers.
    Last edited by Crysto; 12-31-2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: clarification

Thanks G/R
    4/55
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by rinleez View Post
    Wait, that's more than 4 hours to hit 90 from 89, right?
    27,560,000 experience from 89-90.

So it took about 75 mins.

markons's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I mage ( frost ) this was EZ. I managed to get 89-90 ( full rested ) in some 62min....

dcrvtec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lyccay0 View Post
    did this with my Hunter 2 Month ago, 85-90 in 5~ Hours

tried it today with my 86 prot war and couldnt to it effiecently, maybe go back on 88
    Mass spell reflect works on the poison spit, and other than that, just kite