0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transmogrification "Fishing"

Original post taken from Vile's Golden Auctions: Transmogrification Casting A Wide Net

There are many people out there that are enjoying the advantages and profits that the transmogrification market is offering. Even though it has been commented by many different bloggers on how to get the most of the market, there are many, many people that simply don't want to deal with the hassle on how to import lists into Auctionator and decide that is not a good market for them.

Well if you happen to be one of these people then you need to change your opinion and get into this market even this late. If you watched the video at the beginning of this post you got the idea on what i mean when i say using the wide net approach, but in case you didn't have the 7 or so minutes of your time that you want to spend watching that video i will break it down in text as well.

The whole idea is that you WANT to get in on the market, but you don't want to go after a particular item. So the only logical step would be to go after ALL the items on the auction house that are in the affordable zone. What i mean by this is that you want to manually go through the auction house and scan it for deals.

Now when you think about this, the first thing that comes into your mind is that you are going to have to scrolls through pages and pages of auctions and then sort out what is worth buying, and what is crap that you don't want to have. Well you would be wrong again, as that couldn't be further away from the truth. All it takes is about 5 minutes of your time and a character that is near an auction house.

Once there open up the weapons category and go into the groups like 1h Swords and make the items sort by price from lowest to highest. Once you have done this simply pick up the cheap ones ( usually under 50g ) and go to the next group. After you have scanned the weapons category, go down to the armor category and do the same with the different armor groups. If you have done this you probably ended up with a few or quite a few items depending on your auction house and the competition, so all you need to do is make a new group in TSM and configure it so it posts the items at a high price and a low undercut. In my case i have them reposted at 1950g and a 1c undercut and a lowest price at 600g, but you can define your prices any way you like.

So the whole idea behind this is to simply acquire as many cheap items from the auction house and repost them back at a very high profit margin and simply wait for a potential buyer to take the bait. The image on the right is sales from that same character that i took in like 10 minutes before i made the video so you can see that those items that i bought out for 5-30g price range sold for 100x their worth and netted in some nice profit. If you want to get a better idea on which items to look out for check out one of the older posts about it but that will only give you a outline, if you want to get a much more detailed look at the matter you might want to check out Faid's Clockwork Riot blog, and Jim Younkin from Power Word: Gold as they have both covered the transmogrification market in a more detailed extent. If you are a Twitter user you might want to check out The Mogfather and Farli from The Overcut. If i have forgotten anyone else that is a major contributor to the Mogging scene put it in the comments and i will add him as well.

So, like always, keep an eye out for good opportunities out there.

Transmogrification "Fishing"
    tcslasher20's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this concept, but I feel like this could be more of a gamble. I'm willing to try anything to make gold easy. I'll be waiting for others to post on the viability of this idea.

Vilesting's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done this on 4 different servers and on 3 of those i started from 0g ( i did some begging and got to 100g) now combined on those 4 servers i've made around 200k from the resales alone.

So if you were curious as to is this viable and profitable i can confirm it is. A word of advice though, download the addon called Mogit before you start with your buying so you can see how the appearance of the item is before you buy it, so you can spot the rare items easy and fast.

Zswizzy's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im kind of confused as to why people buy the items? Are we buying them just for people to transmog with? Or what im still confused.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Zswizzy View Post
    Im kind of confused as to why people buy the items? Are we buying them just for people to transmog with? Or what im still confused.
    Well buying items is usually for mogging or DEing, but if you take into account that their price is 1-10k i highly doubt it's for disenchanting. So the only logical conclusion is people buy them to transmogrificate their armor

Kinkeh's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vilesting View Post
    Well buying items is usually for mogging or DEing, but if you take into account that their price is 1-10k i highly doubt it's for disenchanting. So the only logical conclusion is people buy them to transmogrificate their armor
    I'm going to give this a try, buy out probably 1k worth and see what happens. Thanks for posting.

Shameless's Avatar Elite User JD's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stuff he buys is actually quite ugly..

Here is a list of all the names of BoE Transmog gear thet looks good and is a part of a SET. It goes from plate through to cloth and weapons to. Also there is a rough estimate of how much you can flip it for.. (The max you will probably sell it for) but its completely server dependant. If you're on a RP server you could probably make alot more through this. Hope this helps some people.

#I found the list on some stream i was watching on twitch.tv, so if anyone finds where its from, Credits to him ^^

Kinkeh's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shameless iX View Post

Here is a list of all the names of BoE Transmog gear thet looks good and is a part of a SET. It goes from plate through to cloth and weapons to. Also there is a rough estimate of how much you can flip it for.. (The max you will probably sell it for) but its completely server dependant. If you're on a RP server you could probably make alot more through this. Hope this helps some people.

#I found the list on some stream i was watching on twitch.tv, so if anyone finds where its from, Credits to him ^^
    Yea I've never played the AH and I questioned his thoughts on purchases, but 10g having a chance to sell around even 50g would still be a profit. Not everything will sell, might take a while but you could always disenchant.
    Last edited by Kinkeh; 04-21-2012 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Shameless iX View Post

Well you are totally right about them being ugly, but that's why it's called a Wide Net Approach, you are buying everything but the kitchen sink and throwing it out there hoping it will sell opposed to following a predefined list and looking for particular items.

Shameless's Avatar Elite User JD's Master CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/3
    Trade Feedback
    36 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Vilesting View Post
    Well you are totally right about them being ugly, but that's why it's called a Wide Net Approach, you are buying everything but the kitchen sink and throwing it out there hoping it will sell opposed to following a predefined list and looking for particular items.
    I understand the method he is using, just personlly i dont think you will make as much gold as looking for items on a specific list..