Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revamped with new pictures [falcon punch!] lvl 71-80 grind guide

Well, having found at that at IN CATA:

Creature damage output has been increased from roughly level 65 and up. These increases scale upward with level. Creatures in exterior zones at level 80 now have 2.5 times the damage output they did previously in beta, 3.2 times at level 81, and 4 times at level 82 and up.
    -Blizzard
    *Also creature health is doubled at lvl 80 and you cant accept quests at two levels lower like you used to.

: Meaning that all my chars need to get to 80. Making final characters. Doing anything but fine tuning my chars/gold/understanding.

I am giving full contributions to:

Mr.Jellybelly - http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...r-71-73-a.html (71 - 73)

Me - 73-77

Captain Bad - http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...00xp-hour.html (77 - 80)

Why am I writing this guide??? I had to get 2 chars 72/68 to 80, and 1 paladin from 1-80. Sheesh. Surfing this website I found a few guides + 1 that I would like to contribute.

Point of this guide is to compile all of them into one nifty packadge so here I go

DISCLAIMER - RESTED XP IS HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AS THIS IS MOSTLY A GRIND GUIDE HAVING HERILOOM SHOULDERS/CHEST IS A MUST BUT IF YOU CANT GET THEM THIS GUIDE WILL STILL HELP. I USED ZYGORS GUIDE AS WELL ON 2 OF MY 80'S AND SOMETIMES THE DOWNTIME BETWEEN QUESTS VS GRINDING MOBS + LISTENING TO MUSIC, GRINDING COMES ON TOP.

REST = Rest - WoWWiki - Your guide to the World of Warcraft --

While in an inn or anywhere in a capital city, your player portrait will begin to glow and your level circle will say zzz, indicating that you are resting. If you log off here, you will continue to rest while offline.
    One bar of rested XP (5% of a level) is earned for every 8 hours spent resting. A maximum of 30 bars (150% of a level) may be earned. In other words, you can leave your character resting in an inn or capital city for up to 10 days (without gaining experience) before you earn the maximum amount of rest state, and a resting character stores up one full level of rest in 160 hours (6.67 days).
    You also become rested while logged off in the wilderness, but the accumulation is slower. When logged off "outside," rest is gained at one fourth the rate in an inn, or one bar every 32 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL 71-73

Attachment 3805

The mobs there have 2k hp, and gives 50 % of the exp a normal mob would give. They have a fast respawn timer, and they're not attacking hostiles(non-aggresive).

There's also some aggresive wolves, only a few, who you can kill aswell, for more exp, and some bigger birds who have 7k hp and give 100 % exp.

I believe that non-rested you can get 150k+ exp /hour here, and rested as i was, 300k+, up to 400k maybe. exp (I got 375k /h rested)
    Attachment 3806

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL (74-77)

The mobs I personally grinded on was the mobs at 59,32. Wastes Digger - NPC - World of Warcraft And yes I have read the thread on the mobs at wowhead. From my knowledge I stumbled upon them quite a long time ago. They do have a nasty debuff that stacks to 5.

This is my way of doing it. First go to here:

Attachment 3839

Then this is the route that you take:

Attachment 3840

I clear about half way 5-7 mobs then stop around here:
    Attachment 3841

Wait for the debuff then clear the rest to here:

Attachment 3842

I started with 127,261 xp, in 1min and 30 seconds that include mounting and running back, my exp was at 145,765. That, does not include that the mobs were 5 levels below me to net me only 1644 per kill. 18,504 xp in 1 min 30 seconds. THAT DOES MEAN THAT I HAVE BOTH HEIRLOOMS + WEAPONS + RESTED XP NOT REGULAR GRINDING WITHOUT THE RESTED XP BUFF. That being said, If I was around there level they usually gave me at peak 2300xp per kill. At a max of 46 runs per hour. 18,504 X 46 =851,184...Now with 2300 xp per kill at prime 27,600 x 46 = 1,269,600 per hour. Not bad

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEVEL (77-80)

This method of grinding can net you roughly 600,000XP/hour. This isn't the best method in the world, but it's fast, changes the pace of boring instance grinding/quest grinding and I personally like aerial vehicular combat.

Pros:
    Faster than average XP gain. (For me anyway)
    Absolute minimal downtime. (talking 3-4 seconds here)
    Available to both Horde and Alliance.

Cons:
    It's a grind.
    You gain no loot. (Without taking a hit to your XP/hour ratio)
    Requires Level 77 and a completion of a question chain.

The Quest Itself and what you need:

No Fly Zone - Quest - World of Warcraft
    This quest provides you with an item called "Bone Gryphon"
    It's a very fast mount and has a sprint type ability that makes you even faster.
    Heirloom items. I would have not been able to net this XP gain without the two bonus XP heirloom items. Without them I would only be netting 480,000 xp an hour. Still decent but not as good.

The Trick:
    A lot of vehicles don't yield XP to the player when they get a kill using it. The thing about this vehicle is it both yields XP and a lootable NPC body. This item that provides you with a Bone Gryphon flying mount can kill ONE mob and ONE mob only called the Onslaught Gryphon Rider which is located here: Onslaught Gryphon Rider - NPC - World of Warcraft
    Basically, this mount gives you the capability of absolutely obliterating the mobs. This is especially handy if you're a melee class without a self heal.

The Method:
    Not very difficult here. Just run around with your bone gryphon shooting down every single gryphon rider you see. There are SO many of them that it is absolutely impossible to run out and if you end up in a place that doesn't have any left, just use the vehicle mounts sprint ability and you can be in a populated area with tons of mob in seconds.

Now the problem is, you can't loot the corpses. Well you can, but if you want to max your XP at 600,000/hour you'll have to skip looting corpses. On top of that they're a pain to loot since many times they'll fall into the water or ontop of mobs that you cannot kill with your vehicle mount.

I hope this helps a few levelers out there. I know it's not the most awesome method in the world, but it's faster than what I know a lot of players are used to in terms of XP/hour wise.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the above guide I as well as the author recommend using Auto It. Luckly I had made a Auto It macro.

Download this program and it will automatically hit the "1" key which is the main spell bound to the griphon. The script to use is:

#ifWinActive World of Warcraft
    {
    $1::
    Loop
    {
    if not GetKeyState("1", "P")
    break
    Send 1
    sleep 1
    }
    return
    }

Copy,Paste and activiate before you start WOW. At this point you just open wow start, then hold the "1" key down and it auto fires the button. To make a new script open the program, click the icon on the bottom left of the screeen, go to file, then edit script, delete everything on the page. copy and paste. Go to file, save as, save to your desktop then click the icon.

Also When I used this guide I did this this way, First get to the spot as it tell you then :
    Attachment 3843

Then :

Attachment 3844

At this point after dismount:

Attachment 3845

There will be X2 mobs floating around and it's RNG. They will auto respawn at times when you downing just 1. It's bascially clear as as fast as you can so they can respawn. I have had x2 respawn or x6 respawn at the I was cleaing the last one. It's weird. Any way numbers are WITH RESTED XP/HEIRLOOMS...... at 4 mins because I had to dismount/screenshot I gained 90,420 xp in 4 mins. 90,420 x 14 runs per hour = 1,265,880 xp per hour. Not bad at all.

Everything I have posted ,I have used and have found it much, much better than using zygors guide. I do recommend zygors guide for beginning levels but to each his own. I really do hope this helps people doing the grind from 71-80.

GL HF. Thanks again mmowned as I will be donating in the next month. I love this place as it fights the machine. $15 x 10mil subscribers. Sub Par gaming at times.
    Last edited by lsybarra; 08-24-2010 at 01:25 AM.

Revamped with new pictures [falcon punch!] lvl 71-80 grind guide
    Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can edit your original thread rather.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...e-71-80-a.html