[Guild Guide] How to lead a good guild menu

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    #ClumsyWizard's Avatar Contributor The Clumsiest of Wizards CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guild Guide] How to lead a good guild

In this you will read a self-made guide on how to lead a guild. Credit for Cush and Salfiti for the ideas.

~Picking a suitable guild name~

First off decide if you are going to be a PvP, Casual, or Raiding guild. Most of the funnier names belong to PvP and some Casual guilds. Raiding guilds you might name "Angelic Order" "Black Fist Clan" "Stone Edge" "Discord".

General PvP names can be "PvP ON A PvP SERVER" "Twinkies taste good" "Great minds twink alike" "My mount is your mom" "Suffer Well".

Casual Guilds can have anything from "Sapd girls can't say no" to "Demonic Ruin".

~Forming said guild~

Now that you have your guild name set up and good to go. First before you buy a charter check if the guild exists. If it already does choose another name rinse and repeat until you find a name that isn't already a guild.

Buy your charter and go advertise to people. Here are some examples at doing charter sig findings.

Good: "<Insert Guild Name Here> Is looking for signatures! We plan to be a PvP/Casual/Raiding guild. On formation we will have a tabard, and atleast 1 bank tab. Paying 2g a signature!" This one tells you future plans and makes the guild sound really attractive. I found out after some field tests members will stay longer if you give them around 5g+ for a signature.

Bad: "WIL SOME1 PLZ SING MY GULD CHATER!?" In this one we don't know what the guild is planning to be, nor do we know if the future guild leader is sane enough to lead a guild.

After you turn in the charter type something along the lines of "Welcome! You can leave if you want or you can stay." wait for a few minutes for people to leave. The ones who stay might be very dedicated members (I will get to promoting in a moment) and might make good guild officer candiates.

First order of business make a tabard. Its best to have the guild members suggest colors and schemes before you make a Tabard for your guild called Iron Fist and make the tabard pink with a cupcake on it. If you do this people might see you as a respectful person of other's opinions.

Secondly if you have the money go and buy a bank tab (Only if you mentioned after forming the guild you will have a bank tab shortly after forming). If you didn't mention a bank tab the moment after forming the guild wait on it for a few days.

~Guild rankings and rank settings~

Ok we have the guild form, everyone is happy with the chosen tabard and going about thier own business. Now is a great time to get the ranks configured and named. First off under guild control I found it best to have everyone be able to invite someone. For the default ranks that can remove players uncheck that box as you don't want to come online and see your favored officer Pwrhungry kicking everyone out because he had a bad day outside of WoW.

Have officers be able to demote, and promote. Name the ranks different names if you wish. I personally chose the titles from Fable 2 as my ranks.

If you did set up a guild bank tab my preferred settings (you don't have to do this) is new memebers able to gawk and deposit. Members able to take out a stack of something and able to deposit. Veterens able to pull out around 2 stacks and able to use the bank for repairs. Officers same as veterens just more repairing gold to use.

~Picking your officers~

Ok you've managed to keep the guild around for longer than 2 months and your guild is lively and doing everything as planned, but you keep getting requests from your non-officers if they can be an officer. Best way to get around this is to have your current officers suggest people for the rank, or promote the people you've been watching and look responible enough for the rank.

If you still have that officers can't kick people. Your lackeys can see that you still don't trust people for the officer rank. If you have that enabled your lackeys will mostlikely love you more than they should and the chances of having a power crazed lunatic as an officer.

~Booting people~

By far the worse thing I've seen someone do is give me a warning, and coax me into it as a first warning, and then I log onto WoW the next day to find the whole guild has me on ignore and that I'm removed from it.

^ That is a bad way to remove someone, with the removed person having a lack of understanding and reasoning behind the actions of the guild.

A good accepted way is to give a person a warning if its minor or if its major as in wiping a raid out of boredom, or as extreme as ninja'ing something from some other guild. The raid puller should be given a heavy warning "<player name> If you pull Sartharion one more time when no one else is ready then you will be removed from the guild.". For the Linja Nooter say something like this "<Player name here> your actions of ninja looting are not acceptable. You will be removed from this guild and you will have to pay the person you stole from's repair bill." followed by /gkick <Name Here>.

~Credit~

This is still WIP I will be adding more, but the main credit for the idea goes to these two threads. http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ild-guide.html and http://www.mmowned.com/forums/wow-gu...ful-guild.html

Have fun with this. I will be updating this guide as I go.

[Guild Guide] How to lead a good guild
    Rec Alpam's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the Linja Nooter say
    Yea right.. Its at your 'Booting People' section.
    Anyways Nice job @ making a shiney guide
    but I think you wont get much rep from this.

Anyways, you have my 2 +Rep

Tink's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite obvious that the thread creator has never been in a good guild. Nor will be.
    Aap?

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I've been in quite a few. Most of them have been led by power hungry A*holes.

DustyGoblin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "<Insert Guild Name Here> Is looking for signatures! We plan to be a PvP/Casual/Raiding guild. On formation we will have a tabard, and atleast 1 bank tab. Paying 2g a signature!" This one tells you future plans and makes the guild sound really attractive."
    Personally having a tabard, bank tabs and paying 2 gold for members to start a guild aren't something that would attract me to a guild :P. Do you actually run a successful guild?
    needs moar goldz

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually run a semi-successfull guild. I'm waiting it to boom out so I can sell it.

xerotsuda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Valkyr Supersoldier View Post
    I actually run a semi-successfull guild. I'm waiting it to boom out so I can sell it.
    What do you consider a good guild.
    Cause if i were to follow this guide i would have a terrible guild...
    Wasting your time costs you $15, wasting 24 other peoples time costs $360. Raid right or dont raid at all.

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stated WIP.. I'm still touching it up in a few places, but I just make guilds and sell them. I've been in a few guilds where it was very fun, until one of the officers got pissed off and kicked half the damn guild.

xerotsuda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you are not qualified to make this guide.
    Wasting your time costs you $15, wasting 24 other peoples time costs $360. Raid right or dont raid at all.

slackinsince86's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kinda guild are you in? and what server...thats just awful

Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm currently guildless. Just made 35g off the guild I mentioned before. I'm also not mentioning my server on these board in the open due to blizzard spies.

Saku99's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I help run the second best pve guild on our server, we found a few things that help massivly for anyone who wants to start a guild,

1. Make it fun i.e. mess around on vent take the piss out of each other but when raids come you know simple stuff, only raid leader talks, dont loot untill everyone is resed, simple stuff

2. we took a very casual approach to a hardcore pve guild, so we have raid days but we do not have a set instance its more spure of the moment. and for example on thaddius, if u kill trolls with the pollarty after the fight u get 1dkp lol!

3. Guild bank, we have 2 officer ranks the top one the peeps with the blizz authenticator we sell everything in the guild bank at a 60% mark down of the ah and have somthing close to 80,000g lol

4. recruiting at the start you will have to get new members so dont spam the trade /2, we have found its better to find people in groups and talking to them, once your guild gets to a certain lvl, you will not need to advertise they will come to you.

5. just make it fun for your members, if they have a laugh while getting epics they will never want to leave

6. raid progress, Before you go to the instance find out what ur ment to be doing and what classes you need, you look slighty stupid when you have to tell a raid to wait so you can go learn what ur ment to be doing

teknomuffin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May I suggest that, please, only have officers(maybe veterans) and yourself as GM recruit, and double check with who they're inviting when you first start out. I've been in far too many guilds where there are 200+ members under level 20 who just joined because a random person was inviting people. Also, an Assistant GM or two is very useful, and chose them wisely. These guys can be here just in case you are not and some drama builds up. Otherwise, it's a great guide, and I think I'm going to use some of those steps to form my own

Send me a PM I can make you a sig such as this

Votkrath's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    10/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saying that you got tabard/going to get tabard is just unprofessional if you want a serious guild in my opinion.

kookoo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And who would actually wear the guild tabard? Faction tabards for grinding rep ftw.
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for.
    Oscar Wilde

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast