Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So You Want To Be a Furbolg: A Guide

This is a guide to obtaining the quest item: Dartol's Rod of Transformation. The rod allows you to assume the appearance of a furbolg for three minutes.

Your Manual to Becoming - and Staying - One of Azeroth's Most Underappreciated Creatures

To know your enemy, you must become your enemy, as the saying goes. And there is no enemy more fierce and numerous than the Kalimdor furbolg. Once a proud and peaceful race, the furbolg has fallen prey to the madness twisting much of the Western Continent. Now only its vicious cunning separates it from the beasts that otherwise prowl the land. Well, that and the fact that they spawn like rabbits.

How, then, does the hapless reputation grinder defeat such a terrible foe? By killing them, is the simple and boring answer. But for those who seek to truly know the furbolg, to study the mysteries behind its sharp beady eyes - to those adventurers I dedicate this guide.

Ashenvale: What The Heck Does This Have to Do With Furbies?
    Your journey begins at the Inn in Ashenvale, where the fierce huntress Raene will ask you to find her friend Teronis (or, his body, as it turns out). How do I know she's fierce? She's got two wolves. You go girl.

Quest Name: Raene's Cleansing
    Objective: Find Teronis

Teronis is located at Lake Falathim, which is most easily approached by traveling back north-west along the road from Ashenvale. When you reach the footpath that would take you to the Zoram Strand, leave the road. You can follow that footpath, but head south when it veers north. Soon you should discover Lake Falathim. Coordinates: 19, 43.

Oh noes! Teronis bit it. Looks like you'll have to deliver the bad news to Raene. But wait... she mentioned something about a gem?

Objective: Find the Glowing Gem (i.e., Murloc Slaughter!)

Teronis' corpse gives you a journal (how emo) but what you really need is a [Glowing Gem]. This will drop off of one of the random murlocs in the Lake Falathim area. It took me about 20 kills to get the gem, but at level 60 that was only 20 Smites so it's all good. Mmm, clam meat.

Time to backtrack to Ashenvale and tell Raene the bad news. Raene decides to pass the buck, and directs you to a dryad up in the Hidden Moonwell. She also leaves you with the journal, which means if you're at all like me it'll be sitting in your bank for about a month. Thanks for that, Raene.

Hidden Moonwell: Go Fetch!

Objective: Find Shael'dryn

The hidden moonwell isn't too hard to find. Follow her directions, and head east from Ashenvale. Look for a little sitting area to your left, complete with a weird glowy elfy lamp-stone. Head north at that point, and when it looks like the flat area goes either west or east, head west. You should start seeing little elf driveway-lights in the ground heading towards the moonwell. Shael'dryn is all by her lonesome there. Coordinates: 53, 46.

Objective: Find the Wooden Key (i.e., Treant Slaughter!)
    and the Chest
    to get the Iron Shaft

Shael'dryn sends you off to find a wooden key that was (somehow) picked up by the corrupted treants near the border of felwood. I'm not positive if there are location limitations here, but when I tried the group of treants closest to the border with Felwood I didn't pick up the key. It dropped for me off a treant near the chest itself. Coordinates: 54, 35.

Once you get the key, head to the little side grove on the west side of the road heading up to Felwood. There are ruined pillars all around the grove, and the box was to my left as I entered. The [Iron Shaft] is *cough* inside the box, naturally enough. <I swear I toned that joke down.> Go tell Shael'dryn the good news!

Objective: Find the Iron Pommel (i.e., Slime Slaughter!)

Ha, it's not over yet. Shael'dryn tasks you with finding a box once carried by Druids. But the druids are dead. And she doesn't know what happened to the box. It might be somewhere vaguely eastish in Astranaar. I guess the "needle in a haystack" quest got old for her.

Little does she know that you, ever the hardy adventurer, have this guide to... er... guide your steps. Head east from the Hidden Moonwell and wander on over towards the Barrens. You're looking for Rotting Slimes, and they're all over the place so you can wander a bit southeast of Splinter Tree Post, or follow the path to the Barrens and veer north from there. One of the slimes will drop the box, which you can then open to obtain the [Iron Pommel]. Coordinates: vaguely 76, 76.

Time to go get that pesky dryad lady off your back!

Objective: "Charge" the Rod (oy vey)

Kidding! You have one more task to complete before you can go your merry furbolgy way. After you return the pommel, Shael'dryn will give you the completed rod. But wait, something's not quite right with our rod. Why, it needs a little mojo, of course!

The rod gets charged at a hidden shrine, which you might have seen as you were wandering around looking for treants. If you look at your map, west of the path to Felwood you'll see a funny little break between the southernmost and the northernmost set of mountains. The start of the path to the shrine is located sorta in the middle of the southernmost set. Coordinates: path at 54, 50; shrine at 56, 49.

Let your rod bask in the magical glow - in other words, right-click it when you're at the shrine. Congratulations! You now have [Dartol's Rod of Transformation]! Your life as a furbolg has begun!

Astranaar: A Choice Awaits You
    If you're doing the quest for your rod, you can stop as soon as you've charged it. That's it! Done! Drop the quest and be on your merry way.

If you want to push the envelope a bit, you can continue on in the sequence. The quests are all called Raene's Cleansing (helpful) but you can continue through the following steps:
    return to Shael'dryn with the charged rod (step 7)
    return to Raene with your charged rod (step
    find Krolg south of Mystral Lake (step 9)
    kill Ran Bloodtooth (step 10)

As long as you DO NOT return to Raene with the head of Ran Bloodtooth and the Rod of Transformation, you're golden. Once you turn in that part of the quest, your furbolg days are over, never to return.

Oh, and Horde don't get to play this game. Sucks to be them!

Enjoy your charged rods, my friends, and remember to use your power wisely. o.O

Author's Note: I wrote this guide up as a favor to my guildies, who wanted to know how to don their own snuggly furbolg costume. Because it was originally written for a private forum, there may be some mildly inappropriate language remaining. I tried to clean up the off-color words I noticed, and apologies if any remain!

From
    Anaea < My Other Mount is Tauren > Aerie Peak

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

triXXa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: So You Want To Be a Furbolg: A Guide

nice detailed guide, but if you do brian kopps ally guide you get it too ;-)