0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob Guide

This is a guide for all the beginners out there, hrmm, noobs. I dont know why anyone would use this unless they are *cough* noobs *cough*. So, yeah here it is.

These are the top 5 things that you need to know as a new person to World of Warcraft or else you won't make friends easy and no one will party with you because they'll think you're annoying.
    1.) Read your Quest Journal
    Now we hate to snipe here, people, but the "L" key on your keyboard opens up your Quest Journal. This handy little item contains literally all the information you need to solve whatever quest your given. Check it early and check it often because if you're cluttering up the "General" chat channel asking "Where's the Wailing Caverns?" 47 times not only will you learn all sorts of new insults, but when you eventually find the place, it's not going to win you any friends when you start looking for a group to explore with. Your Quest Journal has directions so precise on some quests that they make MapQuest look vague. So to avoid this situation just read your Quest Journal.
    2.) The City Guards are your friends - use them well.
    This is kind of an adjunct to the whole "Read your Quest Journal" thing, but the other thing that clogs up the general chat channels is people asking for directions in the hub cities. Fortunately Blizzard has come up with a simple solution - just ask a city guard! They'll give you directions to everything in the city and even provide you with a little flag in your mini-map! You know, the employment situation in Azeroth must be pretty bad when you consider that most of these guards are level 75 or so and can easily wipe out virtually every monster in the game and they're taking the time out of their busy schedule to help you. The least you can do use their services. I don't even think they get paid! The only thing they can't do, and you CAN ask this, is for a specific npc that you couldn't ask a guard about.
    3.) Every trade skill has a complement.
    Players can only learn two "professional" trade skills (Fishing, Cooking, First Aid are exceptions you can learn all 3 of these also). Be aware that with the exception of Enchanting and Tailoring, every trade skill has a "gathering" skill and a "crafting" skill. Blacksmithing, for example, requires raw materials that can only be retrieved by Mining. Be sure you select the appropriate skill; otherwise you will end up buying raw materials at auction or trying to trade your raw materials for finished goods.
    4.) Your auto run.
    This should be obvious, but you'd be surprised how many players forget to use their auto run. Auto run is your best friend. During long runs you can be checking your quest log, your inventory, or chatting with friends. Use it! Nothing more annoying than a slow typing person who stops running to type.
    5.) Control your Pets!
    This, of course, only applies to pet classes (Warlocks and Hunters), but if we had a gold piece for every Warlock and Hunter who left his pet on "Aggressive" we would all have a lot of gold pieces. Your pets are tools. They're used for very specific purposes. Putting them on Aggressive lets them attack indiscriminately and can draw a lot more monster attention than your group is ready to deal with. All too often a pet on the loose means death for the group and a long, boring corpse run.

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com
    "It used to be that I ran to get where I was going, but I never thought it could get me anywhere."-Forrest Gump

Noob Guide
    Detzett40's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Noob Guide

You forgot to add things like
    keep your linen cloth and other trade items that you think you might not need because you can usually sell some of them depending on what it is or use it.
    Get your professions as soon as you can... usually around lvl 10
    Choose a profession to make money or to benifit your class

Oh and dont take a bath while blowdrying your hair
    ||

Borat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That last one is pretty useful for them noobs, it helped me when i was a noob, waay back last week.
    "It used to be that I ran to get where I was going, but I never thought it could get me anywhere."-Forrest Gump

Detzett40's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, i mean you cant lvl your warrior if your busy getting elecruited by the blowdryer in the bathtub
    ||

Borat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nevermind a warrior, how about the noobs favorite weapon, the hunter?

hanona's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree with #1.
    Don't waste your time reading quest journals. Go to thottbot.com, search for the quest, get the coordinates, and then try to figure it out That's how I've always done it anyway.

WoWLegend's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thottbot and read your quest journals, it annoyed the hell out of me when BC was launched and all of these players that have been playing since WoW came out ask edwhere honor hold is. Im sorry that is just sad. it doesnt matter what level you are too, you may always be a noob. (just pointing out MAY being the key word here.)

Levin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Detzett40
    Oh and dont take a bath while blowdrying your hair
    rofl im sorry i found that hilarious
    Mana regen tickles!

Borat's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its, uh, supposed to be funny.

(sorry if it sounded like sarcasm, it wasn't)