Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling/Grinding Area (68-70)

Greetings and Hello.

This will show you an area not very well publicized to farm for Aldor rep, gold, netherweave, herbs, ore and even XP (See below)

The area I am referring to is known as "Socrethar's Seat" in Netherstorm and is populated by two mobs, both demons. The area is known for containing the mini-boss Socrethar for the Scyer quest "Turning Point" and its Aldor correspondent, "Deathblow To The Legion". The area is at:

28, 15

As shown:

The first mob you will encounter is the Hatecryer.

The Hatecryer's have about 7,000 health. They are casters and do an AoE fire spell when close to death. I had little trouble with them on my 70 druid and was able to kill them in under ten (10) seconds per mob.

The second mob you will encounter is the Wrath Lord

The Wrath Lord's tend to be more melee based, but I was still able to kill them quickly. They are a bit more difficult in that they have a line of fire (No joke; It's a line of fire) that will hurt if you stand in it.

For the sake of argument, I spent 20 minutes killing both of these mobs. By the time I had gone around the island, I had gained 28 Netherweave Cloth, four (4) Marks of Sargeras, a green item, AND all the mobs respawned.

One of the major benefits of this island is that it also spawns...Rich Adamantite Ore, Adamantite Ore, Mana Thistle and Dreaming Glory nodes. If I was on my miner, I could potentially pick up a few nodes here and there.

The problem with this spot is you must be level 70 (Or 68 for druids) in order to have a flying mount to get across. Although, if you know a Warlock who would be willing to assist you in getting there (Via summon), you wouldn't need to leave unless your bags got full.

Anyways, I hope this will help some of you.

May your days be merry, and your loot be epic!

- Viral of Maiev
    Last edited by JadoJodo; 03-19-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Leveling/Grinding Area (68-70)
    Buttercups's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although, if you know a Warlock who would be willing to assist you in getting there (Via summon), you wouldn't need to leave unless your bags got full.

Although you can't summon in Netherstorm, the rest of the guide is pretty nice. I'll be using it later on my rogue. Thanks man.

*Edited for spelling

JadoJodo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I guess I never really noticed that... I haven't done a whole lot of summoning as a druid, lol.