0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Gold for Guilt scam :)

Okay this is just a simple little scam i thought of.

Ingredients

A world of warcraft account.
    Some good speech craft.
    Someone saying they reported you.

How to start.

First off you need to get reported in some way either by spamming ( but something legit like WTS [item] over and over and over.)

Now once you get the almighty reported that someone said whisper them and ask did you really?

Now they will either say yes or no If yes keep following this if no get reported :P.

Now once you have them say yes tell them some story that you just got this account already had a 72 hour ban and this was your last strike. Keep guilting them say things like this will be my 3rd ban now another 90$ to buy a month of wow and cd-keys. Transfer my gold over to my new account and use a fake last name and then change it later so they don't ban it to and spend 2 hours on the phone to change the last name. etc.

Now mostly they will feel so bad they will offer a way to make up for it or say some sort of that context.

Once they have asked thats when you make your move. Say it would be nice to have some extra cash on my new account they will most likely say ok and to whisper them on your new account. Wait awhile like an 1-3 hours (normal time for a gm to reply or take account action may vary on your realm I'm sure you will know the average wait time ) after they reported you. Say you got banned and this is your new account and well theres your gold .

Now some of you may think they will know it's a scam if you say you got banned and turns out they never reported you. Most likely they will fall for the guilt and say sorry man i really didn't report you.
    ( i thought of this while writing the guide :P)

This is probably not the biggest money maker out there but it's less likely for a ban and it's something to do when your bored or get reported.

-Valon

The Gold for Guilt scam :)
    Rythlas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: The Gold for Guilt scam :)

Nice I suppose, its pure luck though. Depending on if you get a squishy person or a stubborn person that will just laugh at your mis-fortune.
    I'm not going to try it, but others might. +rep for the contrib
    Quittededed

Froogle's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's actually a smart way of doing things, and no report . . . I'd only do it if I was really down on my luck with gold (not even possible since I have 375 skinning/375 herbalism ). Anyways, +2rep since it's not bannable/reportable

Haq's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that this is a decent type of scam, however it is VERY situational. Not to mention that (this is my guess) over 70% of WoW is populated with kids, not to mention kiddies that love to see the mis-fortune of others, the chances of pulling this off are low, very low.

What exactly are you supposed to do? Spam things like WTB over and over until someone bitches enough to publically report you, and gloat about it in channels, then hopefully you get someone to /w you and say that they feel bad, and then give you money?

While I can see some potential in the 'scam', there are way too many conditions that need to be met to see this working regularly.

valon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Haq View Post
    I agree that this is a decent type of scam, however it is VERY situational. Not to mention that (this is my guess) over 70% of WoW is populated with kids, not to mention kiddies that love to see the mis-fortune of others, the chances of pulling this off are low, very low.

What exactly are you supposed to do? Spam things like WTB over and over until someone bitches enough to publically report you, and gloat about it in channels, then hopefully you get someone to /w you and say that they feel bad, and then give you money?

While I can see some potential in the 'scam', there are way too many conditions that need to be met to see this working regularly.
    I do agree it is very situational but if you find your self in this spot lucky you exploit it and make some side money with no penalty!

superizm's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest, i'm 18, and i wouldn't really be giving a shit if you had to pay $90 bucks for another month of wow + cd keys. i'm not flaming btw x)

Ekul's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone said to me omg im gonna get perm banned if u report me and had a big emo about it, i would be like rofl ban inc fool, i couldn't give a shit, i hope they get perm banned so i can lol @ them.
    Last edited by Ekul; 09-11-2007 at 09:36 AM.

sabin93's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah yeah yeah

Happy2k's Avatar Site Donator