Wtf srsly, old account revisited, compromised, someone botted, got banned. Unban? menu

User Tag List

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wtf srsly, old account revisited, compromised, someone botted, got banned. Unban?

Title,

came back from holidays and revisited my old acc. Entered all details, not working. Figured would be compromised, did open a ticket, indeed someone else had access to it since the email was changed and I did not do it. Although CS said that he could not see anyone else had access to it (what?) and that it got banned for botting (double whut!?). Really pissed to hear that. I am here and there in internet-cafes and login to Wow, I try to keep everything safe, managing my accounts. Something slipped through as it seems.

He was possibly overwhelmed by me expressing my "impossible's - I have a right to get it unbanned, since I did not initate any botting" so he just handed me the unban-form, which surely will take 1-2days...

Have you experience how to get this kind of happening unbanned, if even possible (due to the massive banwave this one might have been included) and if so, faster?

Kind regards

Wtf srsly, old account revisited, compromised, someone botted, got banned. Unban?
    Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it was part of the huge banwave, you are screwed, you can always check out sephirofls unbanning service tho.

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tmanowen View Post
    if it was part of the huge banwave, you are screwed, you can always check out sephirofls unbanning service tho.
    no idea if it was part of it. But it clearly wasnt me. So they can check IPs and verify that it wasnt from my home where I always play. Jesus christ, that account has huge value

Ive already looked into some of these services. I can write formal letters very well, that is not the problem. What specific information do they include to guarantee (?) an unban? I curently cant think of any reason that would 100% work other than your honesty and showing them fully transparent that you are (I am) the owner and was not playing

I appreciate, tho

Any other ideas?

Augury13's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    424/74
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    no idea if it was part of it. But it clearly wasnt me. So they can check IPs and verify that it wasnt from my home where I always play. Jesus christ, that account has huge value

Ive already looked into some of these services. I can write formal letters very well, that is not the problem. What specific information do they include to guarantee (?) an unban? I curently cant think of any reason that would 100% work other than your honesty and showing them fully transparent that you are (I am) the owner and was not playing

I appreciate, tho

Any other ideas?
    usually honesty is pretty good to use unless you were actually botting. If you look up the email u got or were supposed to get from it being banned, you can see if the time matches to when the wave went through. If it didn't, you probably have a good chance of telling the truth and getting it unbanned, if they care enough to look at the logs.

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my...10chars

xcureanddisease's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    74/235
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crunk, we're on OwnedCore, so lets be real here...

I see this all the time. "It wasn't me, it was my little brother/sister, my wifi is open, I got hacked, I got tricked into giving my info to someone else, I was on vacation it couldn't have been me, I had no internet, couldn't have been me, my mother died, etc etc etc..... You know you botted. Nobody had access to your account. I would've believed you if you would have come in here and said "I botted, can I appeal it somehow?" I would have shown a little more respect to you.

You know what you did, and you know the ban is legit. Otherwise they would have over turned this ban for you. How do I know? Because I had two accounts right before the ban. It was RAF I was doing for myself in order to start selling tokens.. 1 acct I was botting from home on and the other one was on a VPN. My main acct was banned, I used an unban service and theres NOTHING thats gonna get me out of it.

I appealed the one I used w/ a VPN and they confirmed my acct was being accessed outside my normal location. So they over turned it. Its the only reason why im still on WoW.

You know what you did and you need to deal with the consequences of what you did.

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post

I see this all the time. "It wasn't me, it was my little brother/sister, my wifi is open, I got hacked, I got tricked into giving my info to someone else, I was on vacation it couldn't have been me, I had no internet, couldn't have been me, my mother died, etc etc etc..... You know you botted. Nobody had access to your account. I would've believed you if you would have come in here and said "I botted, can I appeal it somehow?" I would have shown a little more respect to you.

You know what you did, and you know the ban is legit. Otherwise they would have over turned this ban for you. How do I know? Because I had two accounts right before the ban. It was RAF I was doing for myself in order to start selling tokens.. 1 acct I was botting from home on and the other one was on a VPN. My main acct was banned, I used an unban service and theres NOTHING thats gonna get me out of it.

I appealed the one I used w/ a VPN and they confirmed my acct was being accessed outside my normal location. So they over turned it. Its the only reason why im still on WoW.

You know what you did and you need to deal with the consequences of what you did.
    Nope, no botting. I am not interested in botting. I dont grind, I dont make gold in any shape or form in this game. The only interest I hold is PvP-gearing. And that I can manage to do on my own, doing Ashran and 3x RBG wins. Does not need any bot for.

Why all the assumptions and projections? If now could and I know you can, feel, that all of these assumptions and projections go into the void (you simply mentioned what you did in the past or still do to this point, which is fine, I dont care) leaving you with a sense of folly and overestimation

Any constructive idea?
    Last edited by crunk001; 07-30-2015 at 01:51 PM.

jimmyamd's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    71/114
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty much what xcureanddisease said.

If someone else logged in from another location blizzard has steps to lock accounts from hackers.

Say someone did access your account from your usual IP, the account will get locked, for them to unlock it they need to know your personal details including secret question and answer + auth code.

This is highly unlikely a "hacker"from a lan cafe (LOL) did this. At most the only feasible story would be a family member from same location but end of day Blizzard terms states regardless if others have your login details you're still liable for anything that happens on that account.

If customer service stated no login attempts happened from another IP then 99% chance it didn't all you need to do is wait out the ban period or create another wow on your battlenet if you need to play right now which will get you all your pets/mounts.

Take this from someone who got banned from the ban wave who's account is 9+ years and was in top 50 world guild in raiding.

PVP gear is really easy to catch up on again so don't stress or get guildies to help you out.

Disphotic's Avatar ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    79/103
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post

Why would he lie on Ownedcore, what could he possibly gain by doing that lol.

Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jimmyamd View Post
    pretty much what xcureanddisease said.

If someone else logged in from another location blizzard has steps to lock accounts from hackers.

Say someone did access your account from your usual IP, the account will get locked, for them to unlock it they need to know your personal details including secret question and answer + auth code.

This is highly unlikely a "hacker"from a lan cafe (LOL) did this. At most the only feasible story would be a family member from same location but end of day Blizzard terms states regardless if others have your login details you're still liable for anything that happens on that account.

If customer service stated no login attempts happened from another IP then 99% chance it didn't all you need to do is wait out the ban period or create another wow on your battlenet if you need to play right now which will get you all your pets/mounts.

Take this from someone who got banned from the ban wave who's account is 9+ years and was in top 50 world guild in raiding.

PVP gear is really easy to catch up on again so don't stress or get guildies to help you out.
    So far they did not even Care to consider checking the IP. No signs of it other than myself suggesting it.

-

CS answer shot through a translator:

"Hello xxx,

Thank you for your inquiry

For a violation of our terms of use we will be forced to impose appropriate consequences, regardless of who might have used this account at the relevant time.

It is the responsibility of the registered account holder to keep his user account safe. If account information is shared or passed on and the account to be used by a third party, we can not consider this separate action and must assume that this has been done with the consent of the original owner.

Note that Blizzard Entertainment any kind of account sharing will not tolerate. Please read this respect the terms of use listed below by.
    This measure was taken in accordance with our terms of use for World of Warcraft and in-game rules (http://battle.net/support/article/100644), which must be accepted by all players before the game. These terms and conditions allow us to provide all our players a fun and safe play environment.

The Battle.net Terms of Use Agreement, please consult the http://blizzard.com/company/about/termsofuse.html. For more information about the different account penalties, please contact: https://battle.net/support/article/200475

We consider this matter now considered complete and will not answer further questions on this matter."

-

absolutely disgusting and I have replied apropriately. You can smell the automated answer...
    Last edited by crunk001; 07-31-2015 at 11:40 AM.