Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the safest way to sell gold to private buyers using paypal?

lately ive started to sell gold but so far Ive only made one transaction, a buyer gifted me the money(50$) and he didnt dispute or anything so it was sucesssful, but lately hes the only person i want to sell too because i dont know if anyone else is gunna dispute gift and im not sure if u can even dispute gifts. I only want to sell to private buyers because you get alot more than you would get from a website. Anyhow, whats the best way to stay safe and for the buyer to not dispute the gift. Im not even sure if some buyers will want to or even pay in "gift" form. Ive heard making a website will help a lot but Im pretty sure it costs money to make a website and keep it up and even if i did it would be kind of weird If i was just selling gold on one server and on one faction. Please help, feel free to private message me or post any links that might help.

Whats the safest way to sell gold to private buyers using paypal?
    dbalauca's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My way of dealing with this is to transfer the money i just received on my paypal account to my onbux / neobux account. After a week let's say, i transfer them back to the paypal account and withdraw them. This way i loose 1$ comission from the bux site but i keep the money safe in case that person wants to dispute'em.

eXp0's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    69/40
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dbalauca View Post
    My way of dealing with this is to transfer the money i just received on my paypal account to my onbux / neobux account. After a week let's say, i transfer them back to the paypal account and withdraw them. This way i loose 1$ comission from the bux site but i keep the money safe in case that person wants to dispute'em.

But that doesnt help ?? because if they win the dispute then regardless if you have paypal funds or not they will take money from you somehow ^^ which means a paypal in minus

but ive never heard of a gift via paypal being disputed ( dont think you can)

smokemirrorz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that this is an old thread, but PP gifts CAN and usually will be disputed (scammers now know this although most people do not). PP is NOT safe anymore to use for selling gold. I do not know how to safely sell gold anymore, but I DO NOT recommend to continue using PP.

nofeeling's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my country we have some cards called paysafe cards,sold by shops,which are basically fixed cards in terms of money of 10e - 25e - 50e etc (think of it as a wow prepaid card short of),you can use those cards to basically any online shop in my country.
    Once the customer gives you the code and you use it there is not any possible way of a refound/dispute etc.Its the most safe way if you want to get into buying/selling stuff in wow.
    The negative part is that you have to play with standard and fixed prices like the ones mentioned above.

Now since we're a relatively small country compared to lets say US or UK i believe there should be a similar system to paysafe cards, for online transactions, to other countries as well.
    Get out in market and ask around,not many people know about this,i didnt even know about it untill recently,maybe theres something similar in your country also.

If the above doesnt help,well assuming you are not a random guy on a server playing on a completely random guild (and you work with private customers ),you should contact the guy on some kind of voice communication prog.
    Personaly i can tell a lot of things about a person if i get to talk to him for some time.
    Note if the guy belongs to a known guild. or if hes a level 1 toon claiming that he wants to buy gold worth of 100$.
    Also if you have a feeling of getting scammed try to avoid selling huge ammounts,5k-10k or slightly less will do.
    Also try to be friendly with your customers,if they have your ID or you have them on msn,talk to them about random stuff and get to know each other.That way you lower the chances of getting scammed because your relationship has gone deeper than what it used to be (customer and seller).Ofcourse there are lots of pricks around so you cant zero those chances but you got the point.

Hope the above was helpfull
    Last edited by nofeeling; 03-23-2011 at 03:44 AM.