Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you as always, MoD, for your input.
    Zhao's journey to ED is what I was referring to above, which you summed up more accurately than I could. Appreciated.
    If anyone doubts MoD... don't. He speaks the truth.

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone been able to use offline mode recently? When i get to the realmlist step when I press enter it just kicks me to the login screen.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

WizardTrokair's Avatar <Walks Through Walls>
    Thanks G/R
    192/148
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that patch 6.2.4 fixed the "realmlist" method... it is likely still possible to go offline, but you would need to explore other methods.
    There used to be an old method involving two WoW clients (logging into one disconnecting the other), perhaps experiment with that.

BeachedExplorer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WizardTrokair View Post
    This thread (linked below) had me questioning something...
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...t-mop-wod.html (Go to Draenor without doing Tanaan quests - Hidden teleport from MOP to WOD)

I'm honestly a bit ignorant about what it takes to get to Draenor... as I only ever have my one toon, Trokair. I'm not an alt guy.
    Can't you just be summoned to Draenor? In other words, can't I just create a level 1 character (like a bank alt) and have a friend summon that LV 1 toon to StormShield?

This question about getting to Draenor reminded me of something I discovered back when MOP came out.

It is possible for a fresh lvl 1 toon (ie, unable to click the Panda portal in org) to be put into such a state that they can simply walk up to the portal, click it, and be taken to Panda land. Granted a summon works just as well, but if you couldn't summon, well, this would work. I just came back to the game after a couple years but I still remember how to do that. Any phased/unclickable portal can be made to be enabled from other chars.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres my question of the day:

https://i.imgur.com/QNZACoc.png

Anyone explored whats in there? ICC obviously, toward Valithria and Cindragosa.

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

akspa420's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    73/13
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Heres my question of the day:

https://i.imgur.com/QNZACoc.png

Anyone explored whats in there? ICC obviously, toward Valithria and Cindragosa.
    It appears to be an elevator, connecting to a lower level. I don't recall if the lower level got used, though. It appears to look out over the exterior of ICC and has a second elevator that leads nowhere (there's not a complete shaft going to the upper level, but it looks like it was supposed to do so).

EDIT: Sindragosa - NPC - World of Warcraft
    This is the elevator that takes you down to this boss room. Even the dungeon map notates the existence of the other elevator, but it is closed off.

With a map viewer, this is what I see:
    Edit:
    Sindragosa - NPC - World of Warcraft
    Last edited by akspa420; 05-03-2016 at 05:36 PM.

7. Thanks WizardTrokair (1 members gave Thanks to akspa420 for this useful post)
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone used Second World recently? I just tried for about 3 hrs but my camera would never get stuck at the GY.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

TheGrimMelvin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    12/9
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello. I'm fairly new to exploration. I've done some very basic things already, like Naxx, BT, ZF and such.

I have a question that's been plaguing me for a while now. It's about the Eastern Plaguelands' portal to Ghostlands and vice versa. We know that the Ghostlands aren't on the EK map, but on the Outland map.

So then... what IS on the EK map behind that portal? (though, from what I've been able to see, the answer is absolutely nothing )

There's an invisible wall that's blocking the way, but if you fly high up, you can see a bit beyond the portal. Apologies for the bad view distance, my pc isn't the best.

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions-wowscrnshot_062416_163814-jpg

I've tried to use Darkmoon toys to get past this wall, but it's not working. I've tried to get a glance with Eagle Eye, but that wasn't too successful either
    All I've been able to see is some sort of pass with a couple of Scourge banners and a scourge slaughterhouse, which I assume is the one from uninstanced Stratholme?

[Discussion] WoW Exploration questions-wowscrnshot_062416_163429-jpg [Discussion] WoW Exploration questions-wowscrnshot_062416_163608-jpg

Is there currently any way to get into this zone? I was thinking maybe through Stratholme, but I can't try because I used up all my Darkmoon toys xD Have to wait until the next faire!

azix's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TheGrimMelvin View Post
    Is there currently any way to get into this zone? I was thinking maybe through Stratholme, but I can't try because I used up all my Darkmoon toys xD Have to wait until the next faire!
    You are absolutely right with your Stratholme theory Run inside the instance, then out again and reset instances. Repeat this until you've reached the 10 instances limit so you can run through the portal without getting ported inside. After a few meters you will notice an invisible wall, place your darkmoon tiger there to jump through. Then run to the end of Stratholme where you normally can find Baron Rivendare and run to the exit portal. You won't get ported anywhere so you can go further into another, similar area. Here you can noclip through the houses on the right and are able to explore Ghostlands and Quel'Thalas

11. Thanks ASGamer (1 members gave Thanks to azix for this useful post)
    Rakantor's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    42/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, there's a faster way to get into uninstanced Stratholme than the 10 instances limit method. I had no time to make a video myself, so I searched YouTube and found THIS ONE. The rest is according to azix' description, this part can also be seen in the video.
    If you run out of darkmoon tigers, you can use one of the Feist of Winter Veil cushion toys instead, which are most likely available on the ah.

BTW: You could also use the FFS Tool (Free Far Sight - The new WoW Machinima Tool! Increase view distance and remove fog!) to see what's there (although that's way less fun ;)
    Seeing The Unseen - A WoW Exploration Tribute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BTuvExsCLY

OotHE's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I get through terrain/walls these days? No amount of mounting up / growth potions seem to do the trick.

I'm so far out of the game that I need to start over from the ground bottom. I'd like to get back to contributing to the community hopefully.

Also, I was never here~

PS: Oh, and I guess an obligatory "Does Otherworld still exist and how do I into eet?" wouldn't hurt too. Hehe
    Last edited by OotHE; 06-27-2016 at 04:33 AM.
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

Thanks G/R
    87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OotHE View Post
    How do I get through terrain/walls these days? No amount of mounting up / growth potions seem to do the trick.
    There's an exploring methods compilation of Trokair www.ownedcore.com/forums/world-of-warcraft/world-of-warcraft-exploration/342659-project-exploration-tutorial-wow.html ([Project] Exploration Tutorial for WoW)

Mounting through walls is still possible, you just have to press alt+f4 right before the cast finishes and relog. Same for growth potions.

15. Thanks OotHE (1 members gave Thanks to azix for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azix View Post
    There's an exploring methods compilation of Trokair

Mounting through walls is still possible, you just have to press alt+f4 right before the cast finishes and relog. Same for growth potions.
    Ah yeah, I did see that. I wasn't too sure though how much of that might have been outdated. I'll definitely give that bit a whirl then! And that's convenient that it's still relatively convenient to get through walls. Much appreciated, mate!

EDIT: So it seems that, when you try to fly underground, the game boots you. When did Blizz add that sort of detection? That's rather fancy.
    Last edited by OotHE; 06-27-2016 at 02:48 PM.
    ~"In Exploration, we believe, and in Discovery we practice. Keep exploration alive!"~

Thanks G/R
    87/51
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OotHE View Post
    EDIT: So it seems that, when you try to fly underground, the game boots you. When did Blizz add that sort of detection? That's rather fancy.
    You mean that you get disconnected if you attempt to fly under the world? I guess it has been implemented in cata, but I'm not sure. The only way to bypass this is offline mode and there currently seems to be no way to do so anymore

Thanks G/R
    64/17
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azix View Post
    The only way to bypass this is offline mode and there currently seems to be no way to do so anymore
    Damn, that's a real bummer. I seem to be able to fly maybe a few feet, so it's not 100% impossible...just would require a lot of...patience...

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627 ... LastLast