Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after reading the whole thread and delving thoroughly across the internet it seems increasingly likely (though i wish it weren't true) that this item truly does serve no purpose except to send its owners mad searching for something that isnt even there so will never be found =[ mean old yoggy
    Ah, your ears are fine. It's what's between 'em that scares me.

Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron
    Igzz's Avatar ✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬✬ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    59/76
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well damn, spent 20 min reading through this, got motivated to get the box, and all my hopes just got crushed . Damn you blizzard!

Kasapin's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had max archaeology since around week two or three of Cata, and every rare but 3, mount (RNG gods hate me) a pet and some other BoA junk.
    After reading into this I am very VERY interested!
    My two thoughts on opening the puzzle is to have every archaeology solve. But then a way to refute this is how they added like five or six new rares about seven months ago.
    I might put in a few tickets this week I'll post if I can find anything out! Lets keep looking

EDIT1: With regards to GMs, they might be trolling us, can't tell us, or they really don't know anything.
    And another quote that I think may be important: "The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down." Could this quote "backwoods" reference all the dead coral just up in the Abandoned Reef?

EDIT2: Idk if anyone has said or even noticed this, but when you put your mouse over the puzzle box it reads:

Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
    Soulbound
    Use: Make a vain attempt to open the puzzle box. (1 Min cooldown)
    "Extremely difficult to open."
    <Made by ______>
    Sell Price 5Gold

Now, "vain" in the English language means, USELESS, UNSUCCESSFUL! So this implies we CAN NOT open the box. Yet, right under vain in the next sentence it says "Extremely difficult to open." this would imply it CAN be opened, it is just really really hard!
    Why is Blizzard doing this, are they just not noticing their choice of words, are we over analyzing this box? o.O
    Last edited by Kasapin; 03-14-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Mahbub's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far we have had a few GMs hint strongly that the box can be opened, and a few who have said it cannot be opened.

Maybe the GMs are confused, one group is wrong and the other right, and we still don't know which is which. Or along the same lines maybe the positive ones were just trolling/RP'ing. Would they do that?

But it's also possible that the box is not currently openable, but is seeding some future plot/lore development. All the GM comments reported here would be consistent with this. Maybe we need to wait for the Emerald Dream/Old Gods xpac.

Both ways, it seems to me that the question is still an open one. I'd love to see the results of any further tickets.

What do other people think? Still a possibility? Or is it over?
    Last edited by Mahbub; 03-14-2012 at 07:35 PM.

x40xcalx's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far there is only hard evidence, that in form of screen shots of GM's saying it is not possible to open. There's no hard evidence of the people's convo where the gm said it was openable. So, take it for what its worth I guess.

Joeljuve's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron-gm-answer-png So basically, i took me the effort to ask just to hear her/his opinion anyways this is what he/she said

SuperKop's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    9/23
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one thing to OP, you linked from WoWhead comments about "In the sunken city, he lays dreaming". I would feel this has to do with the Sunken Temple. Considering there are dragons with names such as Dreamscythe and Weaver. And you can not forget Shade of Eranikus. The trinket you get from the dungeon quest used to bring you to a cave (if you did the quest) where you would turn it in for some XP (iirc). There was no follow up for this quest, and still isn't as far as I know. Has anyone tried to use it in Sunken Temple and see what happens? The trinket used to whisper to you when you used it to release the aoe poison gas. Wouldn't hurt to try at least

Bendiix's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening the Puzzle box of Yogg-Saron-unavngivet123-jpg This is the reply i got from a GM about this.

#ClumsyWizard's Avatar Contributor The Clumsiest of Wizards CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SuperKop View Post
    Just one thing to OP, you linked from WoWhead comments about "In the sunken city, he lays dreaming". I would feel this has to do with the Sunken Temple. Considering there are dragons with names such as Dreamscythe and Weaver. And you can not forget Shade of Eranikus. The trinket you get from the dungeon quest used to bring you to a cave (if you did the quest) where you would turn it in for some XP (iirc). There was no follow up for this quest, and still isn't as far as I know. Has anyone tried to use it in Sunken Temple and see what happens? The trinket used to whisper to you when you used it to release the aoe poison gas. Wouldn't hurt to try at least
    Sunken Temple has nothing to do with Yogg-Saron. The sunken temple was originally supposed to be related to Eranikus and a NPC in Winterspring before the Cataclysm redesign (The trinket's quest.). Sunken Temple was tied to the Emerald Nightmare and not N'zoth.

I have a feeling that this box will gain more attention after MoP if Blizzard decides to revisit the old gods and devote an Expansion to N'zoth; which is the entity referenced to by the box. So needless to say I think the box is vanity for now unless someone can figure out how to avoid the death floor, and fatigue and get close enough to the pearl and bones and use the box.

maumau13's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do really think that it is possible, i've been doing some research on some lovecraftian storys etc, and came across things like,

Mi-go - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, who are fungi creatures in the novel "The Whisperer in Darkness", the place with those Fey Drunk Darters is called "The Whispering Forest".
    And it tells of a ceremony that worships the "Black Goat" with human and non human worshipers, (maybe the darters).
    I dont know, but it just seems that they have gone through a lot just for an item that doesnt open?

EDIT: Just was on Yog Sothoths wiki and it says , " The being is said to take the form of a conglomeration of glowing spheres." Just a link to the underwater bit .
    Last edited by maumau13; 03-23-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Subvertigo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most exciting thread on here by far! Been trying to do some research into the quotes, and the only conclusion I can get to, speaking of the drowned god, the only thing I can think of is that it is referring to the old god N'Zoth who they were planning at the time to implement in the game with the Abyssal Maw, and maybe that would have given us some further clues, but sadly never did. Gonna try to poke a GM about it
    Murphy's Constant:
    Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value

Deamie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's safe to say that enough GM's have now confirmed that it is indeed impossible to open the box, at least right now.

Shame really :/

Radeghost's Avatar Sergeant CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see...

When Elves first time set their foot on the other land, it was north of Tirisfal. That place which was oficially unlocked to see in Cata via flying mounts. There are now 81+ level mobs - does, etc. There's also a lake which may be connected to bigger water... "container". I mean... there can be something beneath it.
    Ok, we all know that elves became... mad. Something... somebody drove them mad. When they were in that place. So... an Old God?
    N'zoth?

What if N'yalotha is actually beneath The Whispering Grove (well... just look at its name.Whispering Grove)? And what if... What if that, who "lays dreaming" (as described by The Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron), can be awakened?

And what if... Something is preventing the Old God from his awakening? You may ask: who. Well... in fact we don't know who's responsible for them, but in-persons, they are... faerie dragons...
    World of Warcraft secrets: Faerie Dragon event in Tirisfal Glades - YouTube
    ...that are singing a lullaby for the Old God.

This is connected to the puzzle box of yogg-saron.

kefkamadman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, reading the entire post, while time consuming, was also entertaining and captivating. I have a few ideas to throw out too. I'll put it simply since I'm stupid and overtired.
    Archaeology was the new secondary tradeskill with Cataclysm.
    Abyssal Maw(the raid) was supposed to be a raid shipped with Cataclysm but was delayed, then ultimately scrapped.
    Now, what if the box was meant to do something while inside Abyssal Maw?
    I know it defies logic, but so far, all the GM replies to peoples' various tickets also defied logic. It was downright crazy.
    I've got only a few more frags left on this, so I'll finish it up and try a few of my other ideas and post back later on, once servers are back up.

malkal's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    has anyone tried doing it with Gur'thalak procced?

edit:So i opened a ticket asking a GM if he had any info about the box, and I got this in my mailbox the next day:

"From: Customer Support
    Subject: Blizzard Entertainment Support

Greetings!

We've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and it appears we we will be unable to provide the restoration requested.

We've implemented several features to help players correct mistakes in purchasing and vendoring of items, such as:
    -If you've accidentally sold an item, you can use the vendor "Buyback" window to locate recently sold items
    -If you've accidentally purchased an item for a currency such as Honor points, you are given a 2 hour gametime window to sell the item back to the vendor, for the full purchase price

While we make every effort to verify and provide restorations that are requested, they are sometimes not possible. We understand that losing an item can be frustrating, and we do sincerely apologize.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Blizzard Entertainment"
    Yikes.
    Last edited by malkal; 04-25-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast