Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a full 820+ gear set as a level 100 without owning Legion.

Hey everyone,

Today I noticed that I could queue up for the timewalking dungeons on my druid. Evn though the max itemlevel that drops for me is 660, other people can still trade you the 820 gear. I don't think that is really intended if you don't own Legion. The base itemlevel for 110's in timewalking dungeons is 820, and can be warforged. This CAN be traded to you.

The level requirement to equip the item is still 110, but if you ever decide to buy Legion, then you'll have a full 820+ set this way, before you ever got to 110 or even purchased Legion.

Whats the benefit of this? Skipping the "Hey I just hit 110, how do I gear now?" hassle. Just equip the 820+ (110) set in your bags, and you're good to go to enter Heroics and Mythics right awat.

Not sure what I've just been saying?

1) Farm timewalking on a battlechest character (level 100)

2) Items for you will be base 660, ignore those, instead ask others who get drops to trade the item to you. They are very higher geared than 820 and willingly to give the item. Do this with friends for 100% trades. There is an AddOn named "Personal Loot Helper" to help you keeping track on loot and drops, it will announce trades in the part/chat channel

3) Continue your efforts in hope infinite timereaver drops

4) Buy Legion if you ever feel like it, get to 110

5) equip all the 820+ gear you've collected as a level 100 through trades from 110's

6) enjoy skipping the gap where you have to gear yourself to meet the requirements for heroics, mythics and raid finder.

This can and will save you a lot of time and money when you're 110.

Couldn't find another post mentioning this. My apologies if it's a repost.

PS: My druid has 6 slots covered already, with some of them being 835 due to warforged.

2. Thanks asaphelps, Vandra, TwoJoints (3 members gave Thanks to Annaisha for this useful post)
    Annaisha's Avatar ★ Elder ★ ★★★★★

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a screenshot. Click it to enlarge. Original resolution 3440x1440

Sohl's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    2/6
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see how you see this as an exploit. This is afaik intended. There's a level requirement for a reason.
    Your title is misleading.

And from doing the quests required for world quests you should be about or around 820+ in ilvl for dungeons/mythics/raids.
    You can easily get 850+ without doing anything as long as people trade you gear if you're in the same instance.
    I will just say it again.
    This is NOT an exploit. This is COMMON SENSE. It would be an exploit if you could equip the items (800+).
    (Think of the AH, you can still buy items that you can't use because of the level requirement. I just got BC and can buy stuff on the AH from WotLK, but I can't equip them because.. yeah.. level.)

Nontheless, thanks for sharing a trick for people who are new to the expansion, game or looting system.

How does loot work?

You can only trade an item in the specific socket that's lower than your equipped item to another player.
    For example, you have 840 bracers equipped and 825 bracers drops. You can trade those.
    You have 825 bracers equipped and 840 bracers drops. You can NOT trade those. Even if the stats sucks.

Blizzard went full focus on "ilvl" this expansion.
    Last edited by Sohl; 10-13-2016 at 09:27 PM.

Kaizuken's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    60/293
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Jessy.Boosting View Post
    Hey everyone,

Today I noticed that I could queue up for the timewalking dungeons on my druid. Evn though the max itemlevel that drops for me is 660, other people can still trade you the 820 gear. I don't think that is really intended if you don't own Legion. The base itemlevel for 110's in timewalking dungeons is 820, and can be warforged. This CAN be traded to you.

The level requirement to equip the item is still 110, but if you ever decide to buy Legion, then you'll have a full 820+ set this way, before you ever got to 110 or even purchased Legion.

Whats the benefit of this? Skipping the "Hey I just hit 110, how do I gear now?" hassle. Just equip the 820+ (110) set in your bags, and you're good to go to enter Heroics and Mythics right awat.

Not sure what I've just been saying?

1) Farm timewalking on a battlechest character (level 100)

2) Items for you will be base 660, ignore those, instead ask others who get drops to trade the item to you. They are very higher geared than 820 and willingly to give the item. Do this with friends for 100% trades. There is an AddOn named "Personal Loot Helper" to help you keeping track on loot and drops, it will announce trades in the part/chat channel

3) Continue your efforts in hope infinite timereaver drops

4) Buy Legion if you ever feel like it, get to 110

5) equip all the 820+ gear you've collected as a level 100 through trades from 110's

6) enjoy skipping the gap where you have to gear yourself to meet the requirements for heroics, mythics and raid finder.

This can and will save you a lot of time and money when you're 110.

Couldn't find another post mentioning this. My apologies if it's a repost.

PS: My druid has 6 slots covered already, with some of them being 835 due to warforged.

It's NOT an exploit.

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesse could that screenshot is annoyingly large. jeez.... Cropping dear! :P

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

advanta's Avatar ★ Elder ★ CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    338/1139
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would be useful as a guide. I hadn't really thought about it but it is interesting. Could be useful for class trial stuff where your base ilvl isn't enough.

As others have said, no exploit here I can see.
    Some extremely hot girls I bribed to advertise my youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCID...UqELfuSIhMXEnA

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TehVoyager View Post
    Jesse could that screenshot is annoyingly large. jeez.... Cropping dear! :P
    It's my screen resolution (and the resolution I play at). I'll make the wow window smaller next time. :P

whacked15's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/18
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is definitely an exploit. You are not intended to receive 110 gear at 100 without access to the content that would typically drop it. Besides, 90% of the gear that you get at level 100 would scale to your level.

Great find Jessy.

10. Thanks crunk001 (1 members gave Thanks to whacked15 for this useful post)
    Ashoran's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    416/187
    Trade Feedback
    14 (100%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pretty sure this wasn't intended, and actually is a glitch... anyway, what Whacked15 said

12. Thanks Annaisha (1 members gave Thanks to Ashoran for this useful post)

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by whacked15 View Post
    This is definitely an exploit. You are not intended to receive 110 gear at 100 without access to the content that would typically drop it. Besides, 90% of the gear that you get at level 100 would scale to your level.

Great find Jessy.
    This is what I thought too. I knew gear could be traded, but you are not intended to get BoP gear which is intended for 10 levels higher than you and belongs to an expansion you do not own.

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, doesnt this go even further? You can join the current BC timewalks with lvl 70. That means you can get these items with your lvl 70 twink...

I repeat ...

xD

sunshoes's Avatar Contributor FANCY UNICORN RIDER
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    Guys, doesnt this go even further? You can join the current BC timewalks with lvl 70. That means you can get these items with your lvl 70 twink...

I repeat ...

xD
    They still require 110 to equip. The exploit/trick here is just the fact that you can get 110 gear without the expansion, if you plan to get it later on, or to get a character a set of armour before they are even 110. A set of 820 gear is pretty respectable for a fresh 110.

crunk001's Avatar Banned CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    100/47
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sunshoes View Post
    They still require 110 to equip. The exploit/trick here is just the fact that you can get 110 gear without the expansion, if you plan to get it later on, or to get a character a set of armour before they are even 110. A set of 820 gear is pretty respectable for a fresh 110.
    yes fully aware. it's super nice to run these at 70 and already have 820 gear when being 110 then and dont have to do anything else for it

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by crunk001 View Post
    yes fully aware. it's super nice to run these at 70 and already have 820 gear when being 110 then and dont have to do anything else for it
    My mage for example, who hit 110 about 10 days ago is still only 799 geared, and having a 10 itemlevels gap to do heroics. I refuse to gold thi time. Not that I have any, but okay! Having a whole 820-836 set ready way before even hitting 110; will save you from th gap my mage is in right now.

As pointed out before, yes you will replace the gear, you will always replace gear, that's the whole point of the game to keep improving, but at least you don't sit with a headache where you feel stuck.

18. Thanks herrdzhon (1 members gave Thanks to Annaisha for this useful post)