0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tome of choas

Ok so I went into HFC raid finder to get my weekly tome of chaos got half way threw getting them.
    So I got bored and went on to HFC heroic and started killing Killrogg I assumed they would not be able to kill it so I left the raid and died and got ported out.
    But somehow I got tome of chaos even tho I was locked to raid finder.
    iv done this twice now on same boss and seems to work.
    I could not say if its only that boss or even heroic. currently in the motions of testing

Tome of choas
  2. Thanks Ginchy, Nevodark (2 members gave Thanks to xraxlin for this useful post)
    Urgarok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone confirm this?

Ginchy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    286/110
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone pls confirm. if this works its huge

TehVoyager's Avatar I just love KuRIoS
    Thanks G/R
    85/470
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding "confirm" comments

why dont you guys go test for those of us at work

also OP, can you provide more detail on the workings of this?

(don't post things I post to Patreon.)

beest3's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't even understand what he did? He cleared kilrog on rf and hc and he got two times the tome of him?

Ginchy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    286/110
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would test but i wont be on tome of chaos until next week

aonteoan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone pls confirm.

Urgarok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try and confirm tonight I'm just confused on whether or not it might just be Kilrogg.

Oderus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming this is the exact same mechanic that was involved in the quest items for Legendary cape back in MoP, and how it worked was as follows, and this should not only work for Tome of Chaos, but also for Abrogator Stones and the BRF quest items (brain fart on the name atm)

You could receive 1 quest drop from each boss once a week. If it didnt drop in one difficulty, you could run another difficulty in hopes of receiving a quest loot once a week from every boss. So most likely what happened is Kilrogg did not drop a Tome of Chaos for you in LFR, but dropped Tome of Chaos when you ran on Heroic. Not an exploit, but intended game mechanics that not many people know about. Either way, thx for post.

Urgarok's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After talking to a Blizzard representative on the mechanics of Tome of Chaos I have been told that you have the chance to get one off of each boss per week. So, if you kill it and don't get one then that's your chance to get one off of that boss gone.

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Oderus View Post
    I'm assuming this is the exact same mechanic that was involved in the quest items for Legendary cape back in MoP, and how it worked was as follows, and this should not only work for Tome of Chaos, but also for Abrogator Stones and the BRF quest items (brain fart on the name atm)

You could receive 1 quest drop from each boss once a week. If it didnt drop in one difficulty, you could run another difficulty in hopes of receiving a quest loot once a week from every boss. So most likely what happened is Kilrogg did not drop a Tome of Chaos for you in LFR, but dropped Tome of Chaos when you ran on Heroic. Not an exploit, but intended game mechanics that not many people know about. Either way, thx for post.
    This is totally 100% wrong and i have no idea how people even come to this kind of conclusion.

Blizzard has said this is NOT how it works. To quote a bluepost "You have a chance to receive a Tome of Chaos from each boss once per week regardless of difficulty"

It has not worked like that THE ENTIRE EXPANSION. Have you seriously just like, not even looked at the amount of welfare legendary you have in your bags every week?

The last stage of the legendary quest line would only take 3 weeks if this was possible at 13 per week.

but intended game mechanics that not many people know about. Either way, thx for post.
    Being condescending when you have 0 idea if your telling the truth or not is a symptom of being an ass.

13. Thanks Ginchy, Romath, Plasmaxyz (3 members gave Thanks to Nevodark for this useful post)
    Oderus's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being condescending when you have 0 idea if your telling the truth or not is a symptom of being an ass.
    I was explaining the mechanic and genuinely thanked him for a post. Being condescending when you have 0 idea if I am being honest or not is a sympton of being an ass.

By the way, I specifically stated I was explaining the mechanic from MoP Legendary Cloak. I never claimed the current legendary quest drops in the same manner. Rage much, internet chumpion?
    Last edited by Oderus; 03-11-2016 at 04:15 AM.

skeletonboy360's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    4/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tomes only drop once per boss. Kill a boss on raid finder and not get one, that's it for the week. I tested this and it didn't work for me. Go ahead and keep testing of you want.

TW_Gankdalf's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    38/26
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Oderus View Post
    I was explaining the mechanic and genuinely thanked him for a post. Being condescending when you have 0 idea if I am being honest or not is a sympton of being an ass.

By the way, I specifically stated I was explaining the mechanic from MoP Legendary Cloak. I never claimed the current legendary quest drops in the same manner. Rage much, internet chumpion?
    First of all, you didn't get your facts right before posting a comment telling OP or anyone who's reading the post that it's 100% intended game mechanic which only a few knew.

You only get ONE chance a week per boss for a drop, that meaning, if you didn't get it on one of the difficulties(LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic), you're done for the week. It's designed like this so that players who don't progress as fast as the Mythic raiding guilds will have the same chances(quest progression) as them, which is once per week. Or else Mythic players will have a total of 4 chances per week per boss.

You were assuming, which means you are unsure if it's like the MoP legendary quest item drop mechanic. After being corrected by another guy, you got offended and called him a "Rage much internet chumpion.", when he basically told the truth. What you commented later on was not only a "being an ass" comment but more like a grade A ****boy getting offended when someone corrected your assumption.

So maybe next time, before you're 100% sure about game mechanics, don't comment something like "Not an exploit, but intended game mechanics that not many people know about.", and even if you do wish to comment like that, don't get offended so easily when someone points out your mistake or "wrong assumption" in a comment below.

17. Thanks Nevodark (1 members gave Thanks to TW_Gankdalf for this useful post)
    Hazzbazzy's Avatar wannabe hackerlol Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    243/484
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So aside from the below, nobody has yet confirmed this as functioning unintendedly?
    Is sounds to me like the OP didn't kill Killrogg on RF and just assumed he was locked to all the bosses of that wing, but then again I could be wrong.

"HOLY TIME MACHINE BATMAN! it's 1973!"
    https://youtube.com/Hazzbazzy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast