0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by moonk1n View Post
    I had a name stored on a level 1 as well, nothing offensive or anything and I thought I would be able to delete that character and remake it, and the name was unavailable again. Asked about 3 GMs about it, they were not able to name it, even tried force renaming, still wouldnt allow them because of the blacklist/name protection, so don't risk it. If you have it on a level 1, keep it like that and maybe level it up some day.
    Same thing happened with me. GM said he does not have the power to over write the blocked name list. Tried it with two GMs.

6.1 - Names no longer protected.
    Annaisha's Avatar ★ Elder ★ ★★★★★

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    739/685
    Trade Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I missed out on this. Would have loved to make some eat title/name combinations.
    Last edited by Annaisha; 04-11-2015 at 03:09 PM.

deltr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    4/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by moonk1n View Post
    I had a name stored on a level 1 as well, nothing offensive or anything and I thought I would be able to delete that character and remake it, and the name was unavailable again. Asked about 3 GMs about it, they were not able to name it, even tried force renaming, still wouldnt allow them because of the blacklist/name protection, so don't risk it. If you have it on a level 1, keep it like that and maybe level it up some day.
    Originally Posted by Wen View Post
    Same thing happened with me. GM said he does not have the power to over write the blocked name list. Tried it with two GMs.
    So strange it didn't work out for you guys - it was pretty easy for me

bboystyle82's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    41/28
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used the name "google" for my boosted character. Still has the same name

Dustpann's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bboystyle82 View Post
    i used the name "google" for my boosted character. Still has the same name
    Good thing you mentioned that, as I was worried that if I were to Boost one of the characters with a blocked name, that it might be flagged for a rename. Seems I've no need to worry.

Onto something else: I wonder if it is possible to sell the lvl 1's with blocked names? I have 2 accounts full and likely wont play any of them, or maybe only a couple. So selling them would be ideal, I just don't know how it'd work.

illustrious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dustpann View Post
    Good thing you mentioned that, as I was worried that if I were to Boost one of the characters with a blocked name, that it might be flagged for a rename. Seems I've no need to worry.

Onto something else: I wonder if it is possible to sell the lvl 1's with blocked names? I have 2 accounts full and likely wont play any of them, or maybe only a couple. So selling them would be ideal, I just don't know how it'd work.
    i had a friend that managed to get a name i wanted and he kindly agreed to delete it so i could have it, once he deleted it i couldnt use the name and he couldnt restore his toon either, be warned.

spydasoquick's Avatar Member Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I managed to grab the name NPC at the time, in Skada it shows up as an unknown(?) class and weird (npc) color.

invisibilis's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to Necro an old thread, but I have a solid work around to get access to these names now. Someone posted earlier this method, but left out a key part. So the character you have the name on has to be past level 10 to be able to delete him, while still having the name saved to your account (meaning you can restore him at this point). Then you have delete that character, and transfer for name change (I did the transfer), and open up a gm ticket to petition that it isn't letting you insert the name you already have, and that you added a place holder name in the mean time. While you can't bypass the word filter yourself, the GM has no limit to that, but you have to have the name saved to your account, otherwise it goes back to the twisting nether. Key part of it is to level your char above 10 before deleting him.

Sorry for how old this post is, but I figure some of you might still be out there trying to figure out a way to get that name on a current character like myself.

9. Thanks Shiramune (1 members gave Thanks to invisibilis for this useful post)
    tonyd23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week I started leveling a lvl 1 alt with a reserved playable race name. Just hit 60, and am contemplating doing a 90 boost (or possibly a lvl 100 if it's announced soon). Any word on what happens if you use it on one of these toons? Just want to make sure it won't force a name change with the boost.

Shiramune's Avatar Active Member Sovereign
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    23/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by invisibilis View Post
    Sorry to Necro an old thread, but I have a solid work around to get access to these names now. Someone posted earlier this method, but left out a key part. So the character you have the name on has to be past level 10 to be able to delete him, while still having the name saved to your account (meaning you can restore him at this point). Then you have delete that character, and transfer for name change (I did the transfer), and open up a gm ticket to petition that it isn't letting you insert the name you already have, and that you added a place holder name in the mean time. While you can't bypass the word filter yourself, the GM has no limit to that, but you have to have the name saved to your account, otherwise it goes back to the twisting nether. Key part of it is to level your char above 10 before deleting him.

Sorry for how old this post is, but I figure some of you might still be out there trying to figure out a way to get that name on a current character like myself.
    How do you mean delete the character and then transfer for a name change? Could you add a more detailed guide on how to do this? I'd appreciate it a lot. So you level it to 10, delete it, and then pay for what transfer? You create a new character as a placeholder on the new account?

funerailles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the characters I created with a special name (Thrall, Arthas, etc...) have been deleted... WTF

tonyd23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by funerailles View Post
    All the characters I created with a special name (Thrall, Arthas, etc...) have been deleted... WTF

Strange. What level? I'm starting to think that NPC names are deleted. Checking the armory however, there's a lot of level 100's with race names.

funerailles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tonyd23 View Post
    Strange. What level? I'm starting to think that NPC names are deleted. Checking the armory however, there's a lot of level 100's with race names.
    lvl 1 and lvl55 dk's :s

tonyd23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by funerailles View Post
    lvl 1 and lvl55 dk's :s
    Were they all NPC names or were any of them playable race names (Dwarf, Nightelf, Worgen, etc)

invisibilis's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ash-Brighter View Post
    How do you mean delete the character and then transfer for a name change? Could you add a more detailed guide on how to do this? I'd appreciate it a lot. So you level it to 10, delete it, and then pay for what transfer? You create a new character as a placeholder on the new account?

Sorry I wasn't more specific. Okay, so if the name is stored on a character or class you don't want to play, if you level it past 10, you are able to delete it, but have the ability to recall it, therefore the name is saved to your account for a brief while. I used a paid faction transfer to switch a different character over to my main realm, and I deleted that level 29 character, and named my xferred toon a dummy name, and proceeded to open up a GM ticket to ask them to change the name for me, since I already had it, and it just wasn't letting me use it. You could do the same thing with a paid name change and have it work as well.

What happens is that once you hit the point where you can recall a character, that name is locked to your account for the time being, but the reason why you yourself are not able to type it in is because the word censor is back up. GM's aren't able to bypass the word censor normally on reserved names, but since the name is already saved to your account, they are able to bypass that factor and give you the name change.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast