Solo Firelands Trash (Fire Turtle Hatchling / Ancient Lava Dweller) as Range menu

Shout-Out

User Tag List

240287's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solo Firelands Trash (Fire Turtle Hatchling / Ancient Lava Dweller) as Range

After seeing many posts on here about Firelands trash farming, I decided to roam around Firelands to see if I could find anything different. Which I did.

Now before reading on, It Is strongly recommended (by my experience as a Mage) to use a click2port / fly & speed hack.

Located at the south most lava pool (Coords: 50, 80) are a total of three individual Fire Turtle Hatchlings (at the back) and a group of three Hatchlings (at the front) which have a 2-3% drop chance on ten man to drop epic items (including patterns) and a 6-8% on 25 man. These Npcs can be kited very easily by a range, they have: 1,000,000 health on ten man and 3,000,999 health on 25 man.

Located at the end of the north most lava stream (Coords are: 40, 27.9) will be a Ancient Lava Dweller.
    The Ancient Lava Dweller has a drop chance of 8-10% (was 25%) on Chelley's Sterilized Scalpel and Spire of Scarlet Pain. (drop rate remains the same on 10&25 man).
    This NPC' has a large health pool of 7,700,000 million which remains the same, even on 25 man and ten man.
    The Ancient Lava Dweller will cast two spells, one of which is: Lava Shower which cannot be interrupted. However it only effects you if you're standing in his melee range.
    The other spell is called: Lava Spit. Lava Spit doesn't do too much damage on It's own, however, after a while it will kill you. So if you aren't a Shaman it would be a smart idea to take one with you who has the glyph: Wind Shear.
    This NPC' is very easy to kill, requires next to no skill and can still be killed by you alone duel boxing accounts with a shaman and another range character (you'll need to have Drakefish's KeySpam program running on your shaman and it will interrupt every single cast just by spamming Wind Shear as the NPC' only casts once per few seconds with a three second cast time.
    You will however need to jump/fly down to loot. If you jump there is no way back up and you will most likely die if you cannot teleport out.

These methods are very useful as I've earned over 150,000 gold in the past week just by spending 8(ish) hours a day farming.

(I had bad luck as well with the drops).
    Last edited by 240287; 07-13-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Grammar Nazi.

Solo Firelands Trash (Fire Turtle Hatchling / Ancient Lava Dweller) as Range
    Xaphire's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun to see how you need hacks to get this done. When you are locked to atleast Shannox, you can clear every turtle out there, along with the Dweller (but that takes aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, I tell you).

The turtle packs (and scorpions on right) are soloable by a Warlock (aff), Mage (frost), Druid (moonkin) aswell as Shaman, but that takes ages (depending on specc even more ages).

Just my 2cts, and yes, **** off with hacks. Exploits aren't exploits when hacking is involved.

240287's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, I must admit I'm quite lazy didn't have a Shannox lock at the time.
    This is completely doable without the use of hack/S it will just be a bit more tricky.

GoldDean's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been doing this with a Shannox lockout the past few days. No luck on drops for me yet, but it's very easy to solo as an Aff Warlock. You don't even need to interrupt the lava dweller with all our self-healing.

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    269/288
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is my method, I was going to post it as a thread but since this one is already posted I will post it here.

Hello, first off I don't know if this is a repost or not since there are so many threads about soloing firelands trash now, however this one is very easy and doable!

First off it requires Shannox down, it should be easy enough to get a raid group with it down and ask a member to join.

This works good solo but works very good with two people also, I'm using a hunter and my partner is also a hunter to do this.

What we will be killing is Fire Turtle Hatchling - NPC - World of Warcraft and their mommies. They have about a 2% chance to drop epics :P

Their location is here on the map:

And here is where a turtle is, however I already have some down.

Now there's two ways to do this, first you can send in your pet and heal him up and he will die in the lava, then you kite the guy around and if you have two people you can distract shot between each other.

The other way is one hunter goes in and the other stands on the rock, then he pulls the turtle and the other hunter distract shots the turtle to him, and they kite it.

Kiting it is very easy and unless you are really bad you should not die:

Once the creature is killed, run out and reset if they are all gone or pull another one.

TL;DR

Kite turtles once shannox is down, they drop about 11g and 2% chance for epics, once cleared run out and reset.

You could also try this in 25 man mode where they have increased chance to drop epics, I have not tried it yet though.

So far I've gotten one pattern using this method just a few minutes ago!

Enjoy

jswaim1986's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a hunter you can solo the scorpion pack and hell hound pack that are up after a Shannox reset as well. Just grab an MM spec with concussive barrage, alternate multi-shot and steady shot while running around in fox aspect.

Hell hounds run slightly faster then the scorpions do, I don't have a speed enchant on my boots, so disengage every now and then gets me far enough away.

Razkaz's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need to use hacks, i do not see how this can be an exploit.

240287's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said: It's recommended, not necessary. That's just me being lazy.

Falayo's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/15
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't this more like a Guide (with Hack lol), than an Exploit?

Gihelle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    2/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Confucius's Avatar Moderator The Idiot

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    269/288
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gih those are all different methods

Sikas's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    6/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch 4.2 Hotfix

Patch 4.2 Hotfixes - MMO-Champion BlueTracker
    - Several creatures in the Firelands are no longer susceptible to snares or other immobilizing effects.

zanathos77's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any non stealth class can still walk right over to the Ancient Lava Dweller, even on a 0 bosses down lockout. I've done it 6 times tonight, haven't seen a single epic drop. Not sure if they can from him anymore, anyone know?