0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Untested] Possible Easy Gold at Cost of Server Xfer

I haven't seen anything posted like this so sorry if it has already been mentioned before.

This requires a lot of initial investment for it to work but the rewards could be multiplied greatly.

A friend of mine the other day had his account hacked and characters transfered off the server. GMs after a week or so got his characters transfered back all and well but it got me thinking. There are still some servers that haven't unlocked the gem vendors (mine being one, unfortunately) and if you were to take a large number of gems over you could make easy profit off of it. Once you have vended off your gems you can take it one step further and purchase a number of items that have higher value on your own server. After that, simply ticket the GM, say your account got hacked, and asked for it to be transfered over, then profit.

The only downsides I can see and I have no answers for are:
    a) Does a character being brought back get 'restored' and as such any transactions done cross server are nullfied (ie you come back with same stuff you were xferred off with)
    b) You'll need to either make the transactions go super fast (have pre-setup deals or something) or have to claim being on vacation or some such to give the time allowance to do everything.
    c) IP logging could screw you over so it would also help if you could get you comp to some connection thats never been used for your account (and probably not a friends so the 'hack' doesn't get linked back to him somehow)

You could simplify the whole process by simply doing the xfers but thats 2 payments both ways, and a 30 day wait on a lvl 70 (in order to xfer up to 10,000 gold). If the server xfers are just charged to your accounts credit card (assuming you're not using a game card) then you might even be able to have that charge refunded thus paying nothing for this.

As I said, its an idea and anyone with more experience with server xferring and such might be able to just make/break the thought. As far as the viability, I know it works cause I know of a few people on our server that have been xferring off, buying gems, xferring back on a lvl 10 and vending them for 2-3x their value, easily.

[Untested] Possible Easy Gold at Cost of Server Xfer
    nickelo's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats actualy kinda nice..+rep

spikmun999's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if it works ittl be pretty good

Ukmonkey's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone who is going to xfer soon should test this sadly I'm on one of the oldies and liking it.

Heftydogg's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you say you're hacked, they will restore your items, but not your gold and mounts and whatever. So what you could do is xfer all the gems over, give them to an alt you have on that server, and then say you were hacked.

Then they'll xfer your character back with all the gems, and you can sell all of them on the other server and sell the gold or something. I wouldn't try spending the gold on items that are high on your home server, cause they might just get wiped when they roll your character back.

alias1991's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    an idea for less chance of loss with more potential profit would be this:
    start with say 50k gold (to make the $30 worht it if you sell the gold)
    buy a shitton of gems say 300 ea and look for other items that have a decent price difference
    transfer server, sell everything over the course of the month before you can transfer back (dont flood the market all at once to maximize the profit) if you did a decent job, you probably should have at least 100k gold now. now do the same thing back before you transfer, find an item that goes for a lot more on your server, and stock up a decent amount of different items (if you cant find enough, buy at least 90k worth of stuff so you can still transfer)
    transfer back and sell the stuff, hopefully you'll have 150-200k gold after starting with 50k gold over a month

itll cost $30, but if you make 100k gold (if you sell really cheap at like $6 a 1000, you still make decent money)

/wall of text

Roffle's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by alias1991 View Post
    an idea for less chance of loss with more potential profit would be this:
    start with say 50k gold (to make the $30 worht it if you sell the gold)
    buy a shitton of gems say 300 ea and look for other items that have a decent price difference
    transfer server, sell everything over the course of the month before you can transfer back (dont flood the market all at once to maximize the profit) if you did a decent job, you probably should have at least 100k gold now. now do the same thing back before you transfer, find an item that goes for a lot more on your server, and stock up a decent amount of different items (if you cant find enough, buy at least 90k worth of stuff so you can still transfer)
    transfer back and sell the stuff, hopefully you'll have 150-200k gold after starting with 50k gold over a month

itll cost $30, but if you make 100k gold (if you sell really cheap at like $6 a 1000, you still make decent money)

/wall of text
    Thats not a bad idea if you have 50k gold to start out with :P

killlah4's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... It's 30$ who cares?

GarrettB's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet find man keep on keeping on

Phospher's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this has happened to my account before and while i was waiting i decided to take advantage of some primal farming and what not since the areas were un-populated but from what happened in my experience they rolled back my account... so everything i gained on the other server was lost

Sunora's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. are you positive that works?

nuceman's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To my knowledge people do things like this frequently, although one time you get unlucky you just waste a lot of time and money. Rather large risk factor involved as well.

Killa Queen!!1!'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great find here...I gave you +Rep for sure

Chz420's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, they do an investigation for any mounts/gold/professions and they will not necessarily "rollback" but change your amount to whatever you had.
    For instance, you get hacked and you had 100g; while waiting for the investigation, you make 50g, blizzard will restore you 50g to return you to 100g.
    So if you had 100g and you made 150g, Blizzard will investigate whether you earned it legitimately.
    I sent my gold to a trusted friend and bought gems with badges and sold them all and made tons of money... I reported my stuff stolen and they gave me my badges back but none of the money from the gems. This will most likely end up in your eventual wasted $25; but very nice idea nonetheless

saikbio's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Great Job

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast