0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Theory) transfer badges from one character to another

I have an idea. Say your main is a fully epiced heroic runner and earns badges every time your on. But also, your greened 70 character wants some badge gear too! Well, heres the plan.

First, on the badge runner, buy some stuff you can sell with badges and send them over to your greened char. Say an item requires two nether vortexes that would look great with your character. Monsoon belt (Monsoon Belt - Thottbot: World of Warcraft) requires two vortexes. Contact a GM for a trade back. Once a GM receives your ticket and talks to you, say you wanted Monsoon Belt (or w/e) before but you now realize it sucks (don't spend the vortexes!), and want to trade back the nether vortexes for the 30 badges you spent on them. Say that I find no use with these vortexes now and have enough money or w/e, just be convincing.

Now, there are many thing where if you put them on auction house, or mail them to another char they'll still be with you. idk if this is true, but after you log off you should have the 30 badges on the greened (can't do heroic) char.

EDIT: As I said in a later post, DO NOT spend the vortexes on the monsoon belt, say you found an upgrade or your going to run something for a better drop.
    Last edited by Magerockslol; 07-10-2008 at 03:23 PM.

(Theory) transfer badges from one character to another
    SmotPoker's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should probably buy a nether vortex with ur green 70 to just incase they check the log then u can send them to ur green 70 and if they check log they will see that he bought one. its a good idea so +Rep

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's more likely that they just gives you the nether vortex back, rather then the badges you used to buy them.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

Magerockslol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think they'll just give the nether vortexes back to the person who sent them, someone try it out and see for yourself, (only got one 70)

[Soul Eater]'s Avatar The God King of Tails
    Thanks G/R
    3/22
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't get it, if you buyed nether vortexes for the monsoon belt, you used the nether vortexes for the belt and then you are contacting a GM that you want your badges back. How does that works then :s . Enlighten me but isn't it logical that the GM just gives you back the item that you used. What's the logic in saying "I got 2 nether vortexes and I want my badges back" wouldn't the GM just look up if you actually did buyed those nether vortexes with badges?

Even if you say so that you can hop on your badge runner, farm badges, buy a item that require badges and send them to your alt, that doesn't mean the GM knows that you bought the item with badges or via the auction house. They just check the logs where you got them from and if they see that you got them from mail then of course they are just refunding the nether vortexes not the badges.

And wth. "Someone try it out and see for yourself" . Really that's a lousy excuse, YOU post here an exploit so YOU must be the one to confirm if it's working or not, not vice versa. Then it would all be great if you came up with ideas, taking credits for it while we must test whether or not it works? No thanks. Test your exploits before publicing them, not the other way around.

Do the impossible, see the invisible
    Row row, Fight the power.

Osiris183's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/24
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not an Exploit!

This is a SCAM.

Scamming a GM is likely to warrant a fat ban stick too.

Magerockslol's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO! As you can see, monsoon belt sucks. You bought the vortexes for it then you realise the belt sucks or you get an upgrade or w/e. DONT MAKE IT. contact a gm saying I want the badges back for the vortexes you did NOT use

EDIT: also, most likely everytime I come on mmowned I see a (Theory) or an exploit not tested. No flame there. Also, how is this scamming? you get money for something you did not pay for, scamming a GM, huh?

2x EDIT: For the logs, he will probably only check if you got them from the auction house. You can't flame unless you have tested it or sure it wont work.
    Last edited by Magerockslol; 07-10-2008 at 03:25 PM.

timetodie187's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will only work if you get a gm thats not going to check his logs most gms will but occasionally you can get a lazy gm.

SneakyKinky's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will just check the logs.
    Do YOU like Tacos?

Global Fugitive's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really worth doing anything that can get either of your accounts banned O.o

pauk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you got to first actually buy 1 from the badge vendor before he will restore 'm (and after that you got to do it 1 by 1) so your theory sucks and most theory's are being flamed away

Connactzor's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it, it worked the first time, i got badges on my alt i never did a heroic with, however, the second time i tried it they gave the badges to my Main.

Depends on GM I guess.

tactical's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't they just check the log? If it works I would love to get my alts more badge gear.

edi1611's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnt work for me, Confirmed, now i have to sell my 10 nether vortexes '-,-

Smygizz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can see when the items are bought, and they dont refund items older than 1 day, and they will see that you didnt buy the vortexes with that char..