0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possible Character Trading Exploit

Okay. So the other day, I made a NE rogue in order to explore under Stormwind, because really, it's still kinda fun. Anywho. I ended up getting under and then jumped into the bottomless pit of death. I died, and of course, with no way to rez it, I felt the impending hand of deletion. So I remade the character moments after I deleted him, and to my dismay, the character was back where it was, with all the gear it had (I had picked up a little trash gear on my way there) and everything was as if I'd logged off.

So my suggestion is this; What if you deleted your character and it was remade on a different account? Perhaps you could trade characters that way, instead of paying blizzard more money than they deserve. Suggested someone try this with low levels

----(please leave the copyright info below intact)----
    This post is copyright by the user posting it and MMOwned.com - World of Warcraft Exploits,Hacks, Bots and Guides, where it was posted. You may not copy or reproduce the above on any other site without written permission from both the poster and MMOwned.com

Possible Character Trading Exploit
    Dregan's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Possible Character Trading Exploit

You might have lagged or something because I just tried it, and it did not work for me and yes I tried more than once. Or you might have hit a server restart.

97036's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the smae thing has happened to me, I think it's got to do with lag. One time when the servers had been shut down and there were major lag issues I logged out. The next time I logged in my chars that I deleted over a year ago were restored

dave_maltby's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had this when I was doing the get to GM island using a blimp trick, I'm pretty sure this is down to server cyles tbh, I think there is a concurrent version of the character list stored locally & one server side, which are then compared so if you delete a character & remake it with the exact name the client side is still the same as the server side & no one is the wiser. I doubt your character transfer idea would work because there is more than likley some kind of hash check that is related to the character and account

just a thought

edit: Just had a quick look & it looks like it's a variation of MIT's kerberos KDC idea, pretty clever, no passwords or anything sent just a copy of the ticket you recieve on login which is unfakable
    Last edited by dave_maltby; 03-12-2007 at 08:05 AM.

Glynbeard's Avatar Mawd Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn Dave your sig is so funney lmfao

treyska's Avatar Drummer / Designer
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by dave_maltby
    i had this when I was doing the get to GM island using a blimp trick, I'm pretty sure this is down to server cyles tbh, I think there is a concurrent version of the character list stored locally & one server side, which are then compared so if you delete a character & remake it with the exact name the client side is still the same as the server side & no one is the wiser. I doubt your character transfer idea would work because there is more than likley some kind of hash check that is related to the character and account
    /agree

Newbs_r_us's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by 97036
    About the smae thing has happened to me, I think it's got to do with lag. One time when the servers had been shut down and there were major lag issues I logged out. The next time I logged in my chars that I deleted over a year ago were restored
    Same thing here. Recently (like 2.0.6 or w/e) i went to my realm list and noticed i now had characters that i had deleted back again including my very first made character that i had deleted almost 2 years ago!

Tink's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Items are stored per-server.
    Aap?