Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Require some help with languages (Cross-faction)

Hey all,

I'm currently working on a personal project and am looking to allow both factions to interact. I have read numerous threads but am currently unable to get this working, or at least in a way that I'd like to it. I'll preface this with how I want the system to work before I dive into what I've tried;

I would like the standard races to maintain their relevant sides, orcs on horde, humans on alliance, undead on horde, night elves on alliance, etc. Additionally I would like to maintain that races can only understand the languages they are given, for instance humans could only understand the common tongue and if an orc player spoke common the human player would understand. However on the flipside if an orc player speaks in orcish, then the human player would not be able to understand.

As for what I've done to make this happen/fix this;

I have attempted using the two-faction stuff in the worldserver.conf file - however I believe this only applies to global channels, but not whisper/say/yell.
    Provided both the spell and skill for the Language:Common on player creation (playercreateinfo_skills and playercreateinfo_spell_custom).
    Applied the Language:Common skill into SkillRaceClassInfo
    Changed the factionID/team/faction (Columns 3/8/14) in ChrRaces.dbc - Not something I want as it conflicts with what I'm trying to do.

So far none of these have fixed the problem, currently when you create an orc and have them stand with a human, when the human speaks it comes up as the filtered words IE Hi comes up as ru.

I do not wish to resolve this via the RBAC permissions as that will remove the use of languages within the game.
    Let me know if you guys have any ideas, the server is running a custom MPQ patch, so DBC editing is more than fine.

Require some help with languages (Cross-faction)
    Solveig's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump, anyone got any ideas?