Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nostalrius 100% cheat free?

https://youtu.be/itSWRzHMcXE?list=PLPgrywi0V6Q0h5HFZyHzia4W7nHkbrEp8

So I saw this video, and just wanted to know what the people here who knows a bit more than me about these sorts of things think about this. Legit? Are you impressed? Are they foolishly thinking they can stop cheating on their servers?

Nostalrius 100% cheat free?
    Dovah's Avatar Legendary The Explorer

Thanks G/R
    381/202
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing can ever be 100% cheat free however Nost's anticheat is very good. Iirc you can't even use custom content patches on nost because you'll get dc'd.

I rarely check Ownedcore nowadays. Need to contact me? Message me on Discord: dovvah

3. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to Dovah for this useful post)
    ev0's Avatar ★ Elder ★ murlocs.com

CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    313/377
    Trade Feedback
    16 (100%)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    it's "good enough". I was still able to do a few naughty things that i've picked up on these forums, but the gameplay is not ruined by what I found.
    Need a guild in the US? Visit murlocs.com

5. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to ev0 for this useful post)
    sed-'s Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    52/151
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they arent as good as they claim, just wait people will prove them wrong because they feel mighty they blocked old hacks wrote for normal wow that got moded to work for other versions.

7. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to sed- for this useful post)
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dovah View Post
    Nothing can ever be 100% cheat free however Nost's anticheat is very good. Iirc you can't even use custom content patches on nost because you'll get dc'd.
    Basically this. If you look at it from a logical perspective rather than a technical perspective, hacks get discovered for retail quite often. Do you really think a private server can out develop Blizzard? Possible I guess, but unlikely.

But it is quite easy to protect yourself from any public hacks, especially when you can do what a business cannot easily due to complicated laws (reverse engineer the hack).

9. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are already somewhat private hacks and exploits for Nost (and other higher-tier private servers). Old business partner has got some amazing ones for Nost, and I know some other powerlevellers do too.

As others have said, it's easy to fix public ones, their ability to fix the private ones depends on what logs they keep and how well they can translate those logs into finding what is being exploited.

11. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    Romis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, just because I am curious. If you have lets say 5 different hacks that all enable you to fly in the world, are there then 5 different ways to achieve that? Wouldn't the 5 different hacks all touch on the same codes? ( Granted, I am a complete amateur here, so I don't know what I am talking about ) What can you do to differentiate your private hack from a public one doing the same thing?

Smitten's Avatar i want to believe who even plays wow anymore 🤔
    Thanks G/R
    909/1036
    Trade Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Romis View Post
    So, just because I am curious. If you have lets say 5 different hacks that all enable you to fly in the world, are there then 5 different ways to achieve that? Wouldn't the 5 different hacks all touch on the same codes? ( Granted, I am a complete amateur here, so I don't know what I am talking about ) What can you do to differentiate your private hack from a public one doing the same thing?
    There can be multiple ways to achieve the same effect, some may be based on the same principle or take advantage of the same loophole, and some may be completely different to everything before it. There are flyhacks that basically allow you to swim in the air, there are flyhacks that allow you to walk on air, there are flyhacks that allow you to move freely on the Z axis, and so on.

The main difference between private and public hacks/exploits range from the method/point of entry used (private server detection is usually written to find one specific thing), all the way up to a whole new way of doing things that no one else uses.

14. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to Smitten for this useful post)
    stoneharry's Avatar Moderator Harry

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    151/146
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes and no.

You can target different areas. A common way to do fly hacking was to make the client think you are always in water. But now the verify that server side (I guess) or scan the specific bit of memory that you change to do this to make sure it hasn't been modified (or file hash to check if it's been modified). Modern fly hacking works very differently (I have no idea) but will have clever tricks to do it, or maybe a way to stop Warden detecting that the memory has been modified.

Read the memory editing section, although you won't be able to join in the conversations it is a good place just for getting general knowledge and an idea for the community. The stickied threads are quite useful.

16. Thanks Romis (1 members gave Thanks to stoneharry for this useful post)
    Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applaud your high optimism about my ability to understand complex things as memory editing. I tried to learn C# so I could add some basic scripts in Unity, but my god.. I felt like a neanderthal when learning C#, I did not understand anything, and I still don't, even the basic things. I guess if I had the proper time for it and someone to ask when I had issues, but yeah. I just want a very basic understanding of it for the curiosities sakes. But thank you for the reply, and everybody elses! This is my first post in a long, long time, and it is nice to see that the community is as good as it was back then.

Thomja's Avatar Almost Legendary User
    Thanks G/R
    14/38
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applaud your high optimism about my ability to understand complex things as memory editing. I tried to learn C# so I could add some basic scripts in Unity, but my god.. I felt like a neanderthal when learning C#, I did not understand anything, and I still don't, even the basic things. I guess if I had the proper time for it and someone to ask when I had issues, but yeah. I just want a very basic understanding of it for the curiosities sakes. But thank you for the reply, and everybody elses! This is my first post in a long, long time, and it is nice to see that the community is as good as it was back then.
    Haha, working with C# and Unity. It can take some time for some people when you're new but everyone can learn I believe.

To the point, I think that Nost may be good at making sure that most public hacks are detected, private hacks will be more difficult as already mentioned. My question is when Blizzard will hit them with the lawsuit hammer.
    I really don't have anything interesting to put here anymore.

Thanks G/R
    8/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they are not as invincible as they say because their servers are in France?

Thy_Warden's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/10
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well v.t.hing your hacks will probably cause the anti-cheat to ignore you as it did on molten. Dovah said it best, nothing is 100% cheat free, unless it is a strong Blizzard Retail team that is up 24/7 tracking said hacks of course.
    I am known as The Red Warden, the exploiter and formerly part of the original 8.

uzzy13u's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    21/20
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://youtu.be/itSWRzHMcXE?list=PLPgrywi0V6Q0h5HFZyHzia4W7nHkbrEp8

So I saw this video, and just wanted to know what the people here who knows a bit more than me about these sorts of things think about this. Legit? Are you impressed? Are they foolishly thinking they can stop cheating on their servers?

it is possible
    today i made a video how i bypass nostalrius ULTIMATE anti cheat
    enjoy :P

Last edited by uzzy13u; 12-25-2016 at 03:55 PM.