Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to connect to worldserver locally - external conect fine

Hello all.
    I know this is a common problem and I've read page after page of forum posts over the last several days, to no avail.

Let me explain. I'm running an Apex Team Trinity Core 5.4.8 with MySpl server on a machine that is on my home network (192.168.X.X).
    MySql is up and running and I can access and modify the data bases.
    Authserver is configured for BINDIP = "0.0.0.0" and port 3724
    Worldserver is configured for BINDIP = "0.0.0.0" and port 8085
    server/auth/realmlist is configured for my external IP (184.3.X.X) port 8085 [ 1 My Server 184.3.X.X 127.0.0.1 8085 etc, etc]
    My local network is connected to the internet via a router and DSL modem. Both ports are open on the router
    I set up an DNS redirect through No-IP.org.

Here is the problem:
    1) I can log into the realm while on the machine hosting the server. (Using localhost)
    2) My friends can log into the machine from the internet. (Using the XXXno-ip.org)
    3) I CAN NOT log into the realm from any computer on my local network (192.168.X.X) other then the machine which is hosting the server.

But wait you say! You didn't change your Config.wtf and realmlist.wtf files on your machines.
    Yes, I've changed both files to reflect the XXX.no-ip.org url in both files and have verified the port. I have been through these settings over and over, everything
    seems to be exactly as it should be for everything to work.

Here is what I think is wrong..... My router will not allow my internal IP address to loop back. i.e. I'm leaving my network via the router and DSL modem, going out
    to NO-IP.org and coming right back to my DSL modem and back into my router, then in theory to the machine hosting the realm. The problem is, I don't think I'm
    getting back through my own router and back into my network.

My question(s):
    1) Is there a way to verify full round trip connectivity through my router? (i.e. it's not blocking me from seeing the other machine via the internet)
    2) Is there a work around for my router (linksys WRT54GS) to allow my own packets round trip?
    3) Is there a way to modify the realmlist DB to allow me to log into the same realm using local IP's? (same realm, two IP addresses)

Please, assistance is needed.
    Respectfully,
    Sandcrab

PS: The use of the test realm, MySql and Trinity Core is for educational use only.

###### FIXED !!!! ######
    Thanks to "Ratdeon" over at AC Web for the solution. http://www.************/forums/showt...=1#post1100535

Go to your realmlist DB and add a second entry with the machine's local I.P. address
    It should look something like this:
    1 My Wow Server 184.3.XXX.XXX 127.0.0.1 8085 etc etc
    2 My Wow Server 1 192.168.XXX.XXX 127.0.0.1 8085 (all the rest as above)
    3 My Wow Server 2 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 8085 (Same data here as above )

The third line is ONLY needed if you are playing on the machine your hosting from and have connection issues.

On the machine that's hosting the server:
    Open c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\HOSTS in notepad. Make sure you open NP as admin. Add

#
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    127.0.0.1 localhost
    24.60.38.179 mydyndns <-- YOUR EXTERNAL I.P. address

Save the file and you should be good to go!
    (I don't know if it matters, but I added the host machine's IP (192.168.XX.XX XXX.no-ip.org) on all my client machines)

Now, off to play some WOW with my friends!!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Sandcrab; 04-03-2015 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Found solution

Unable to connect to worldserver locally - external conect fine