0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maps, Vmaps, and DBC issues

I wanted to start a private server, following a guide using MaNGOS, but in short, it's just not working well for me. And I believe it the problem lies in obtaining the map, vmaps, and dbc files. Maybe even the buildings files. I'm entirely new to the private server thing, and it's quite experimental to me. I've gotten through this particular guide so far as to have both green lights on the miniServer on and a green light for Realm. When World 1 attempts to run, however, an error comes up:

I've seen a similar error on other threads (probably old and dead threads), and non of the solutions have worked for me. Save for a solution from a Russian guy that may have worked if I could understand what he was saying. I just can't get the extractors to work as they should.

If it makes any difference, I'm using 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium. And also have the Cataclysm patches for my installation of WoW of which I tried extracting maps from, which I'm thinking may be the problem since MaNGOS was said to be for a patch back from 3.x.x, not 4.0.3. At any rate, any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the lack of knowledge in this subject.

EDIT: I also get this error when using the DBC extracting tools (my WoW installation is in Program Files, not Public)

Last edited by OffLuficer; 01-02-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: additional information

Maps, Vmaps, and DBC issues
    OffLuficer's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't reckon anyone is willing to tackle this one, eh? O.o

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct in saying that it is not possible to use 4.0.3 extracted maps on your 3.3.5 MaNGOS emulator. There are a few uploads of some 3.3.5 maps floating around on the internet, but we cannot post them here due to them being a legal grey area.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, well thanks. I did manage to make a little progress by re-downloading the WotLK installer. Running the vmaps exctractor consequently did get some work done, but I noticed while it was running that quite a few lines scrolling by started with "error." I'm thinking this isn't good. -.- And also, the DBC extractor, I still haven't figured out, so no DBC files, and despite the progress made, I still get the same error when running world 1.

Facerolling's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DBC Files are required for the emulator to run, or at least for an ArcEmu server to run. Strange.

If you don't know how to compile them: check here Setting up MaNGOS - mangos foundation - game server development for students

also make sure your maps, vmaps and dbc folders are also in the same folder as your auth and worldserver folder.

Never used MaNGOS, so i'm going on general information I know.
    hey ervyone whats up gamboys

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, read through to the DBC part and realized that it's not working right. lmao. I have ad.exe in the WoW folder (root folder), and it runs for maybe a split second and closes. No time to read whatever it may or may not say. And I suppose since the ad.exe bat is supposed to generate the maps folder as well, I don't have those either. -.-