0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unknown problem with making server public

First off, I know there are a billion tutorials on how to create a private server, and reading those has got me this far. I also know there are a billion support threads telling how to fix certain problems with this issue. Unfortunately, after a few days searching for answers, i'm still coming up empty.

So my problem is this:

I've got the latest ascent core rev, and a nice database, and I can play on my server locally, that's not the problem, everything works fine on 127.0.0.1

I've tried connecting my laptop (a different IP than my desktop - different network) using Hamachi, and then also tried using no-ip or dyndns hosts and portforwarding, but no luck still.

I think the problem is my external IP....when i replace the 127.0.0.1's with the dyndns host, thats when the connections fail.

1) I've changed hosts.file
    2) I've changed realmlist
    3) Logon file included
    4) I've portforwarded
    5) i've been to dyndns and got a hostname

I know there are a ton of easy to read tutorials, but after following a bunch, i'm still having problems getting connected to the dyndns host.

Any help would be appreciated. thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unknown problem with making server public-dyndns-pic-jpg   Unknown problem with making server public-hosts-file-jpg   Unknown problem with making server public-logon-pic-jpg   Unknown problem with making server public-port-pic-jpg   Unknown problem with making server public-realm-pic-jpg  

Unknown problem with making server public
    mastervilaire's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, all of your configurations are correct.
    Few things that come to my mind is;

In your port forwarding, make sure all of them are set to both. I know guides say set it to either TCP or UDP, but just set to both.
    Make sure your firewall isn't blocking all incoming connections.
    Another thing you can try, just to see, is under your realms.config, where you put your DynDNS hostname, just put your External IP. Then try to log in. If it lets you log in with it set to that, then that means your IP isn't binding with the DNS.

These are the only things I can think of.

tsunami9991's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    howdy, thank you for the reply.

let me start off by saying that in the port forwarding part, i first set them all to TCP, then when that failed, i set them to TCP/UPD or whatever it is...and then back to TCP for the screenshot. So that didnt work.

also, as far as the firewall goes, i changed it to not block all incoming connections.

i tried entering Just the external ip, in number form, instead of the dyndns host in realms file. no avail.

some new updates though, I also looked around in my router and found this screen shot, where i can attach my external ip to my hostname.

I also filled out the port triggering in my router, not sure if it did any good though, because i still can't get on.

this might jolt your memory though, when I run apache/mysql and i type in my external ip into my address bar, i get "interent explorer cannot open this webpage" so my external isn't working right? or being blocked by ports or something?
    Unknown problem with making server public-port-trig-pic-jpgUnknown problem with making server public-dyn-pic-jpg

any more ideas would be greatly appreciated. I can't understand for the life of me why I can't get it public. I even tried hamachi, and it didn't work. but thats a whole other thread lol.

Facebook's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use Open Port Check Tool to make sure all your ports are being forwarded correctly.

weezyC's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your Realms.conf file try putting the "Address" as your internal IP and not the host name.
    Then.. Put this in there under realm 1.

Code:
    <Realm2 Name = "Server name-Local" 
    Address = "external IP:8129"
    Icon = "PVP"
    Colour = "1"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    See if that works, if it doesnt try reading the whole guide i got this from.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-public-d.html

Rock Lee's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by weezyC View Post
    On your Realms.conf file try putting the "Address" as your internal IP and not the host name.
    Then.. Put this in there under realm 1.

Code:
    <Realm2 Name = "Server name-Local" 
    Address = "external IP:8129"
    Icon = "PVP"
    Colour = "1"
    Population = "1.0"
    TimeZone = "1">
    See if that works, if it doesnt try reading the whole guide i got this from.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...-public-d.html
    Providing a "make public"-ascent guide for arcemu might not be a good idea.

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ite-setup.html

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heya, thanks for the responses with ideas.

Actually, i did try putting in just the ###.##.###.## (external IP) as server address instead of hostname. That didn't work, which tells me that my external ip isn't getting accessed.

About the port forwarding, i'm having issues. as you can tell from my pic in OP, i have done the necessary forwarding in my router, but the problem is I'm not really sure if they are getting forwarded or not. Here's why:

I use the PFPortCheck.exe program to check port (for example) 3724 and i get Port is OPEN. But then i go to numerous websites, like www.canyouseeme.org and it tells me it isn't. so i don't know what to believe.

Keep posting ideas and eventually i might get it to work. After a couple of weeks of this, i'm thinking of giving up lol. thanks guys.
    Unknown problem with making server public-port-check-pic-jpg

btw, when making a dyndns or no-ip hostname, you don't "Have" to check the wildcard box right? I mean, thats for the people who buy hostnames and stuff, but its not required to have a hostname right? just sub-domains?
    Last edited by tsunami9991; 08-10-2010 at 08:34 AM.

Facebook's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the program is saying yes, but the websites are saying no, that means your issue is the port forwarding. Might want to look further into that.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh, well he said he had an ascent core so i figured he ws using ascent xD

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your right, I did say that. I was mistaken. I have ArcEmu. My apologies. Sorry for confusion.

Yep, i've been looking into port forwarding for a while now, and can't seem to find any obvious answers. According to my routers manual, i'm doing it correctly.

Oh well, its apparent I'm not supposed to make mine public :P

Thanks guys.

You know, I just thought of something. See, about 2-3 yrs ago, when I actually played wow and first heard about emulator servers, I set up a private server. I knew absolutely nothing about sql or networking or anything, and just followed someone antrix (yes, antrix) guide and everything worked, and I even got it public.

However, the main difference between now and then (besides I forgot how to do everything, and this time I compiled my own arcemu core), was, Before, I was on a dsl modem, whereas now i'm on a dsl router.

I didn't have to worry about port forwarding and all that other crap back then, and everything worked beautifully. I wonder if i unhooked my router, and just used a dsl box, would it work? Hmm, something to try i guess. But then i won't have my home network [IMG]http://www.************/forum/venise/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by tsunami9991; 08-10-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe try restarting your router, or maybe reset it.

sylv100's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

crap

Hey guys. Run across the same problem.

It's strange as I forwarded every single port correctly, (both in router and firewall) , then after it didn't work I shut down win firewall completely AND also I put my router in DMZ mode which means that all ports should be opened and I would have like no defence at all... like all firewalls gone and stuff, nothing blocked.
    Well.. result: STILL not working. Configs are 101% correct, tried all kind of methods (nameserver and external IP, lanIP, everything)

And what's the funniest.
    Server computer is on my freaking wireless LAN and I still can't connect It says loginserver down, sometimes unable to connect .. putting other computers LanIP into the realmlist.wtf made some success.. got me past the login screen.. to realm selection. there it shows that my realm is online but it never let's me connect.. (logging into server and fail) So now it's getting ridiculously weird. .. Also hosts file is changed and IP binds with DNS..
    So what could I be missing ? All I can think of is that I'm missing hell lot of luck

PS. about the port forward program mentioned above. It's a joke. Probably to guarantee the success of business (so the full version would sell better or smthing) It says that every single port that U check is open and forwarded (even telnet ports that are blocked by all firewalls routers and God knows what)

But thanks anyways. I just might go for hamachi and for development purposes run a server where only few guys could get in..